Is Gustafsson the worst possible match up for Cormier in the LHWD?

What difference does it make he still beat a top guy over multiple rounds

Well if someone is on the defensive and isn't pushing you or making you work you don't use much energy. Rumble controlled the fight with 4 or 5 burts a round. He could throw hard and fast then have a breathing gap in-between as he was controlling the fight pace.

I recommend giving training ago, it gives you a bigger insight on what these guys go threw and you learn to appreciate and understand how hard it is to fight a guy that is high pace.

Excluding Jones, Rashad is DCs worst matchup. Its basically a mirror match.

Well if someone is on the defensive and isn't pushing you or making you work you don't use much energy. Rumble controlled the fight with 4 or 5 burts a round. He could throw hard and fast then have a breathing gap in-between as he was controlling the fight pace.

I recommend giving training ago, it gives you a bigger insight on what these guys go threw and you learn to appreciate and understand how hard it is to fight a guy that is high pace.

Yeah and someone that pushes a pace also exposes themselves to being knocked out

Yeah and someone that pushes a pace also exposes themselves to being knocked out

Every single guy that has beat DC has been a high pace grinding fighter.

I'm wagering all my V-cash and if your smart you'd do the same.

Gus by running circles over Cormier.

That wasn't what you originally posted

I meant AJ not DC.

Everyone who has beat Johnson has been high paced and a grappler that makes all that power and muscle AJ carries round useless.

I don't think he has enough KO power to really cause huge issues for DC, Gus is going to spend most of the time defending takedowns or being on his back, with the remained of the time tentative jabs because he's afraid of DC closing the distance.

Humble has KO power, how far did that get him vs. DC?

Jones has no KO power but was able to beat Cormier.

Hmmm...intredasting.

Most likely, by default. Cormier has the chin to dominate Rumble. I don't see Bader or Glover beating DC.

But I think DC is a very solid #2 after Jones. Gus can manage to lose to Rashad or Glover.

I understand being blinded by nuthuggery. It happens to all of us. But I never thought it would be nuthuggery for Dan Cormier that was doing it to this many people.

Wow.

Yeah Gusta is definitely the worst matchup for Cormier in this shallow ass division. Cormier was completely neutralized by Jones' reach. Same thing will happen with Gustaffson.

I understand being blinded by nuthuggery. It happens to all of us. But I never thought it would be nuthuggery for Dan Cormier that was doing it to this many people.

Wow.

Yeah Gusta is definitely the worst matchup for Cormier in this shallow ass division. Cormier was completely neutralized by Jones' reach. Same thing will happen with Gustaffson.

No he wasn't...did you watch the fight? DC was nullified by Jones ridiculous clinch game.

No he wasn't...did you watch the fight? DC was nullified by Jones ridiculous clinch game.

Well, you're right. That certainly had a lot to do with it too. Jones completely shut down Cormier everywhere, in fact.

Same shit is going to happen with Gustaffson.

Well, you're right. That certainly had a lot to do with it too. Jones completely shut down Cormier everywhere, in fact.

Same shit is going to happen with Gustaffson.

It could do. I think it'll be a close fight though. I think Gus has the boxing skill to finish DC.

Who knows what will happen, Thats the beauty of this sport

But one thing is forsure,
if Gus anti-wrestling is good enough Cormier will be in big trouble

We just dont know yet,

Jones not being able to takedown Gus is a big sign
Cuz Jones basicly takedown anyone he wants, include Cormier

I like Gus but i cant see him winning this fight unfortunately.

DC will knock Gus out with uppercuts/punches from the clinch.

That seems very unlikely and nothing I would bet on ^^

Gus has probably the best knees in the division, something to look out for

If I was forced to bet on anything I would choose Cormier but it feels like a coinflip

Back