Is Gustafsson the worst possible match up for Cormier in the LHWD?

I don't think Cormier is going to have too much of a problem with Alex. I think Cormier is going to put Alex on his back and ground and pound him. Alex was crushed mentally last fight and i this is the worst possible time for him to get a title shot. IMO Cormier is going be dominate .

The Cormier that smashed TRT BigFoot & Rumble + wrestlefucked Barnett for 5 rounds...
The DC that ragdols Cain in wrestling training.
The dude that easily decisioned always dangerous HWs like Mir and Roy Nelson.

Yeah, he sure can beat Gus; but he can't utilize that shitty strategy he used in the Jones fight.

I think Cormier is the worst possible matchup for Gus. Gus' ground game is overrated since Jones. Plus Jones and Cormier have completely different wrestling styles. DC takes him down wears him out and subs him in the middle rounds.

I think Shogun with his kicks and tricky ground game is the worst match up for Cormier.

Shogun fans are so cute.

Rumble supossed to have great TDD too (people make this conclusion from Davis fight) but in reality he was ragdolled

He was never ragdolled. He was smothered and grinded until he gassed. Ragdoll is what DC did to Josh Barnett and Bigfoot.

The Cormier that smashed TRT BigFoot & Rumble + wrestlefucked Barnett for 5 rounds...
The DC that ragdols Cain in wrestling training.
The dude that easily decisioned always dangerous HWs like Mir and Roy Nelson.

Yeah, he sure can beat Gus; but he can't utilize that shitty strategy he used in the Jones fight.

The strategy he used on Jones was the same one he used against Rumble. The only difference is the fighters he used it against. He can't use the strategy he used on Bigfoot or Barnett because LHW are much more agile and quick than HWs. He had a big speed advantage against those 2, he probably will be at a speed disadvantage against Gus.

Other than Jones yes I think Gus is the worst match up at LHW for DC.

DC ragdolls anyone not named Jon Jones...

I want Gus to win badly but he wont

it is the other way around. DC is the worst possible matchup for Gus in MMA.

Gus has no wins against top competition, unless u count that close decision win against Shogun

you know, the same Shogun who tapped to Sonnen in like a minute one fight later.

Diggem and Coolicocks hatin' on Gus as always. Only one missing is ermac88.

People still drinking the Gus kool aid

This. He already had the fight of his life where he fought well above his ability and he fought with courage and heart but he lost and he'll never reach that high pinnacle again. Everything came together for him that one night vs. Jones. Marginal top 10 fighter at this point, due to lack of depth in the weight class.

This. He already had the fight of his life where he fought well above his ability and he fought with courage and heart but he lost and he'll never reach that high pinnacle again. Everything came together for him that one night vs. Jones. Marginal top 10 fighter at this point, due to lack of depth in the weight class.

Lol.. sherdog is gonna sherdog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back