Is Gustafsson the worst possible match up for Cormier in the LHWD?

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Except for Jones. The question isn

I think Shogun with his kicks and tricky ground game is the worst match up for Cormier.

I think Shogun with his kicks and tricky ground game is the worst match up for Cormier.

Do you mean 2005 Shogun or Shogun who got demolished by Chael?

Or are you trolling?

Either way, DC beats Shogun on two weeks notice then and now.

Do you mean 2005 Shogun or Shogun who got demolished by Chael?

Eh..Demolished means a brutal beating. Shogun got subbed early, not demolished.

TS.. Once DC gets inside and he likely will, Gus is in trouble. That wrasslin.

Eh..Demolished means a brutal beating. Shogun got subbed early, not demolished.

TS.. Once DC gets inside and he likely will, Gus is in trouble. That wrasslin.

I was trolling a few posts up... of course. and, talking about Shogun, he actually picked Cormier over Gustafsson in a brazilian interview i read... he thinks cormier's wrestling will give gus problems.

Rumble supossed to have great TDD too (people make this conclusion from Davis fight) but in reality he was ragdolled

DC, AJ, and Gus are the real talent at 205 right now. Gus has lost his luster though so he better put on a great performance if he wants to stay up with the big boys.

Yes, but only by default. The rest of the division sucks. I think Cormier lays on him with ease.

I suppose but simply because the drop-off in talent is so high. Stylistically the match-up favors DC but the division is super weak right now so yes, for what that's worth. It is kind of a deceiving question tbh. And not like Gus can't win but a lanky guy without a wrestling background not known for 1-punch KO power certainly isn't the kind of fighter you would normally look for when trying to match someone against DC

I suppose but simply because the drop-off in talent is so high. Stylistically the match-up favors DC but the division is super weak right now so yes, for what that's worth. It is kind of a deceiving question tbh. And not like Gus can't win but a lanky guy without a wrestling background not known for 1-punch KO power certainly isn't the kind of fighter you would normally look for when trying to match someone against DC

Gus handled Bones's wrestling just fine - far better than DC did - and that was a Gus who hadn't yet learned how to handle the extra pressures and hype and extra rounds of a title fight.

Now Gus's had all that experience - plus learned a hard lesson from AJ - if he's half as smart as he seems he should be better than ever.

Gus handled Bones's wrestling just fine - far better than DC did - and that was a Gus who hadn't yet learned how to handle the extra pressures and hype and extra rounds of a title fight.

Now Gus's had all that experience - plus learned a hard lesson from AJ - if he's half as smart as he seems he should be better than ever.

styles makes fights and cormier has a different wrestling style than jones, with that said I think the fight will be close.
I'm really looking forward to see what happens.

styles makes fights and cormier has a different wrestling style than jones, with that said I think the fight will be close.
I'm really looking forward to see what happens.

Yeah, it's definitely an intriguing match-up. I feel like we know exactly what DC does but in many ways Gus still seems like something of an unknown quantity.

Back