Is Fury the GOAT if he beats Usyk?

Ngannou is an all-time great slugger in the MMA world. He seems to have good power even by boxing standards. Just not as much pop as Wilder & Joshua have but few do.

Francis is also 270 lbs with low body fat. There isn’t any heavyweight in history of boxing like that. If he hits any person even with his
Can I get you to confirm that you are saying Fury has a comparable resume to Ali? I'd prefer not to misquote you.

Never said that. Would fury smoke Ali if you took transported 1966 Ali to 2024? Yes. He would. Ali is not technical.

Does he have a better resume than fury? Yes.fury can only beat who is in front of him. After Usyk and maybe Joshua, there’s no one wlse

Very interesting that Sherdog poll finished 115-114 in Furys favour literally couldn't be any closer. So hard to call this fight. Also @Seano don't think you voted so interested to know your final opinion now we've seen the weigh in good sir?

Very interesting that Sherdog poll finished 115-114 in Furys favour literally couldn't be any closer. So hard to call this fight. Also @Seano don't think you voted so interested to know your final opinion now we've seen the weigh in good sir?
I didn't vote but I posted in one of these threads that I'm slightly leaning towards Usyk. I agree with those saying t could be a draw.

I didn't vote but I posted in one of these threads that I'm slightly leaning towards Usyk. I agree with those saying t could be a draw.
Thanks also my bad that was an older poll the other more recent one is in favour of Usyk.

I don't think either of them would become GOAT if they win but they wouldn't be that much behind Ali, Lewis etc. Those guys have much tougher resumes, but also quite a few losses.

Wait... what?

<36>

Ali was not technical. I’ll say it again.

You’ve never boxed. Ali was a gifted athlete with intangibles in spades.

He relied on his speed and reflexes and then when he got old his chin.

There isn’t a single current top HW that would stand out on Lewis or Holyfields C.V. If we’re being perfectly honest.

Just be another name.

Some of the worst comments ever posted online in this thread.

Fuck me.

Last edited:
LOL at Flloyd "Losing rounds" to Conor. If you think Floyd was in any danger of losing that fight at any time -you didnt understand what you were watching

Clearly not. I actually think he'll beat Usyk even though Usyk is a better boxer, by draping his 40 lbs heavier body on him for a few rounds so Usyk starts moving like he just finished a power lifting session before many punches are even thrown. It's very effective, but pretty hard to call someone as a goat candidate for leaning on much older or much smaller guys.

To even think for a slight second Fury could be the GOAT with this win is laughable and asinine.

Same with Usyk being the goat, slightly less so but still fucking ridiculous

Goat HW is Ali , Joe Louis , or Lennox. Fury is not on same level as those 3. Thst said I like Furys chances here

lol no Francis is still a combat sports world champion with insane ko power. Any boxer who didn’t train would’ve struggled while out of shape. You’re acting like Francis is a bum off the street lol. Plus Francis had trained with world class boxers for 2 years

So fury isnt an elite level heavyweight? Are you trolling
struggling with a former mma champion who has never boxed in his life, is terrible look. i dont consider fury to be p4p elite. no.

He’s a champ and literally in the #1 heavyweight in the world
he is, and i think he’s prob goin to beat usyk with his reach and size. i’m def tuning in.
but i still dont consider him to be a P4P top 10 fighter. because hw and cruiser are clearly the weakest talent divisions. any mma fighter would be absolutely schooled by inoue or crawford.

the mma guy vs fury was highly competitive, where most ppl thought fury lost on pts.

he is, and i think he’s prob goin to beat usyk with his reach and size. i’m def tuning in.
but i still dont consider him to be a P4P top 10 fighter. because hw and cruiser are clearly the weakest talent divisions. any mma fighter would be absolutely schooled by inoue or crawford.

the mma guy vs fury was highly competitive, where most ppl thought fury lost on pts.
Fury/ngannou wasn’t competitive besides the knockdown. Fury just sparred and wasn’t taking risks knowing his big fight was a month later. Ngannou trained for the fight of his life while fury just got off the couch and wanted to spar

Usyk would be in the GOAT convo because no one has ever been undisputed in cruiserweight and Heavyweight before. That's a tremendous achievement.
Fury would be considered an ATG but not a GOAT. beating Usyk would be amazing but the rest of his resume is kind of weak. Depends on what he does after that.

Back