Is Fury the GOAT if he beats Usyk?

best head movement since Ali

Ngannou an all time great power slugger

every day is indeed a school day

to me it isn't obvious that Ngannou is an 'all time great power slugger' but, to each their own.
Ngannou is an all-time great slugger in the MMA world. He seems to have good power even by boxing standards. Just not as much pop as Wilder & Joshua have but few do.

At this point I know 100% the Usyk fan boys are trolling. Usyk will rock Fury with his power lol. <lol>Usyk is an outstanding boxer but if Fury took Wilder's best shot and beat him twice I don't think he's exactly going to be shook by little Usyk's power. I would be more worried about that cut getting opened up, everyone stopped talking about that but it has the potential to ruin the fight. That's Usyk's path to finish the fight.

Last edited:
Ngannou He seems to have good power even by boxing standards.

That's nice for him, meanwhile in the world of pro boxing any elite heavyweight not an under-prepared slob should do exactly what Joshua did to Ngannou, or feel ashamed of themselves.

The more pertinent question would be where people would rank Fury if he wins. Top 30 at least maybe top 20 off top of my head.

At this point I know 100% the Usyk fan boys are trolling. Usyk will rock Fury with his power lol. <lol>Usyk is an outstanding boxer but if Fury took Wilder's best shot and beat him twice I don't think he's exactly going to be shook by little Usyk's power. I would be more worried about that cut getting opened up, everyone stopped talking about that but it has the potential to ruin the fight.
Fury's been dropped by guys half his size that can't punch for shit. Cunningham & Pajkic couldn't bust a grape but they made the Big GK eat canvas. Don't be surprised if Usyk does put him down. Seriously.

At this point I know 100% the Usyk fan boys are trolling. Usyk will rock Fury with his power lol. <lol>Usyk is an outstanding boxer but if Fury took Wilder's best shot and beat him twice I don't think he's exactly going to be shook by little Usyk's power. I would be more worried about that cut getting opened up, everyone stopped talking about that but it has the potential to ruin the fight.

Does Usyk punch with discernibly less power than USS Cunningham?

to me it isn't obvious that Ngannou is an 'all time great power slugger' but, to each their own.

best head movement since Ali

Ngannou an all time great power slugger

every day is indeed a school day
Ngannou is one of the most prolific KO artists in MMA. Some of that obviously transfered over to boxing where he dropped the giant world champion. Don't try to twist an innocuous comment into silliness.
That comment is nothing like "Fury has the best head movement over the last last 4 or 5 eras." Or "McGregor was whooping Mayweather until he got tired."

If Cunningham was already mentioned with Wilder then every real boxing & mma fan who follows either sport at all knows who was being referenced . Or maybe go look up what Big Joe Joyce said about Ngannou after they sparred. Well before Francis was focused on boxing.

Fury's been dropped by guys half his size that can't punch for shit. Cunningham & Pajkic couldn't bust a grape but they made the Big GK eat canvas. Don't be surprised if Usyk does put him down. Seriously.

Does Usyk punch with discernibly less power than USS Cunningham?
Usyk probably has more power than those dudes. But it wasn't really their power that did it. You can see street fights with average-sized, untrained people who will sometimes knock their opponents out cold. There are even videos of women KOing their boyfriends. KOs are more about hitting the bullseye, accuracy, timing, angle, unexpectedness etc.

Fury was 24, in his second fight outside the UK and his first on the big US stage when he fought Cunningham and Cunningham just showed him something he wasn't prepared for. There also was some beef there, he was taunting Cunningham and holding his hands very low, then shoved him after the bell at the end of the first, then the KD came early in the second. Fury got a hold of himself, adjusted and here's how it ended:

Unr4Oaa.gif

Obviously a much smaller opponent will be faster and move differently than a 250lb guy and you need to prepare for that. Fury will be very prepared for Usyk tonight. Also nothing like the Cunningham KD has repeated itself since.

Pajkic idk as much about tbh, but Fury was 23 there and stopped him in the third so these examples from the distant past aren't exactly filling me with fear.

You need more then 4 title defenses a win against Usyk breaks him even basically bc his resume is average for a guy boxing as long as he has ,to many circus acts with this guy with constant retirement, drama pulling out of fights etc etc …..

And we have to see if he actually wins legitimately without the judges or referee help .

The real question is, where do you guys have Usyk if he beats Fury tomorrow? He was arguably the greatest Cruiserweight of all time with Glowacki, Huck, Gassiev, Briedis, Bellew. He has a Semi pro win over Joe Joyce, then at HW he's beaten Joshua twice and Dubois. Where does a win over Fury put him all time? Unified Cruiserweight champ and Unified Heavyweight? What more can he even do, go back down and fight Jai? Was he in an era simply too weak?
You can make a case for him bc he’s accomplished so much first ever undisputed in CW and HW which probably won’t ever happen again ? He was undefeated in WSOB as well ,Olympic gold etc etc…….anyone who has him as the goat can make a case for it . Personally I thought defeating AJ twice is much harder then this fight but we’ll find out ,all the chips are stacked against him with the judges etc….so he might have to chance things he normally wouldn’t .

Most will argue about lack hall of famers but that’s subjective lables they don’t hand them out like candy anymore so it’s irrelevant there’s plenty top quality fighters in this era wheather one wants to recognize that or not .

Last edited:
lol, no.
The best fighters on Fury's resume are Wlad, Wilder and Usyk, making the assumption Fury were to win this weekend. Now I'd say most people still consider Ali the GOAT HW. No way do those 3 names add up to what Ali accomplished. Not even close. I'd argue his resume isn't better than Mike Tyson's really.

But you are a fury hater so lol…

Wlad is an atg, Usyk is an all time great.

I think if he beats Joshua he’s up there

Was Floyd active and in or near his prime still? No. Even if you don't think that he carried him Floyd was retired, didn't train like Fury, and Conor is a much bigger man who actually had an amateur boxing background. Floyd's strategy was clearly to have Conor punch himself out and then stop him which he did. He knew he wouldn't be able to handle the pace.

Another fallacy showing your bias. Floyd never stops training. He is far more disciplined. Which is why his physique never changes. He was two years removed from his paquiao fight and was losing rounds to Conor

Fury couldn't even adjust to Ngannou. Not one adjustment was made by him. He was befuddled.

That's what separates him from the real GOATS.
So you admit he doesn't have it. What about skills? Like name a skill. Because most people here will be able to name a household HW name that did it better. Oh & remember size isn't a skill its an attribute.

great jab. Versatility: can fight from both stances, fight and dance on the outside, and can chase you down on the inside. Probably the best big man to use feints

But you are a fury hater so lol…

Wlad is an atg, Usyk is an all time great.

I think if he beats Joshua he’s up there
Can I get you to confirm that you are saying Fury has a comparable resume to Ali? I'd prefer not to misquote you.

Ngannou is an all-time great slugger in the MMA world. He seems to have good power even by boxing standards. Just not as much pop as Wilder & Joshua have but few do.

Francis is also 270 lbs with low body fat. There isn’t any heavyweight in history of boxing like that. If he hits any person even with his

Back