Is Fury the GOAT if he beats Usyk?

The real question is, where do you guys have Usyk if he beats Fury tomorrow? He was arguably the greatest Cruiserweight of all time with Glowacki, Huck, Gassiev, Briedis, Bellew. He has a Semi pro win over Joe Joyce, then at HW he's beaten Joshua twice and Dubois. Where does a win over Fury put him all time? Unified Cruiserweight champ and Unified Heavyweight? What more can he even do, go back down and fight Jai? Was he in an era simply too weak?

I think if he wins fairly would be maybe top 20 or at least top 30?

lol, no.
The best fighters on Fury's resume are Wlad, Wilder and Usyk, making the assumption Fury were to win this weekend. Now I'd say most people still consider Ali the GOAT HW. No way do those 3 names add up to what Ali accomplished. Not even close. I'd argue his resume isn't better than Mike Tyson's really.

Legacy wise, no - he's not close. His CV is relatively light.
But H2H, he would be a good fight for anyone.

Both Fury and Usyk would enter the GOAT discussion if they win this fight.

Whoever wins this fight would’ve pretty much beaten all the top guys of their era and also become the first undisputed champion in 25 years. And also the first undisputed champion in the 4 belt era.

In Fury’s case, he’s also beaten the top guy of the previous era but you can argue that he still needs to beat AJ to truly close the chapter of this era. In Usyk’s case, whilst he isn’t a career heavyweight but winning this fight would also mean that he’d be first and only undisputed champ at both Cruiserweight and Heavyweight in the 4 belt era. Which is unprecedented.

No matter how you cut it, this fight is monumental.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you're either high or next level trolling or lack knowledge of boxing history.

GOAT is more than just a stretch but not even debatable. Usyk perhaps could crack top 20 ATH considering he would of held all the belts at both cruiserweight and heavyweight. Fury has a pretty thin resume, would need to rack up a lot of defenses with only credible wins against Wilder, Klitschko and Usyk. You look at any other ATG heavy, their resumes are stacked with a lot names and champions.

Fury would not even be the best British heavyweight. Lennox Lewis has a next level resume with many wins over a handful of ATG heavyweights.

These guys records wouldn't be anywhere near as good as ATG's Moore, Langford, Johnson, Pep, Robinson, Hagler, Hearns, Lennord, Armstrong, Whittaker, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Ali, Duran, Jones Jnr,

I think the only current boxer I could see hit ATG top 10 status is probably Canelo when he finishes up. His record is stacked with names and he's been cleaning up for years.

Reactions: HHJ
Big fights always bring out the casuals. It never fails. Let's see who wins tomorrow and how long they both continue to compete at heavyweight. Usyk is the #1 or #2 cruiserweight of all time. He's a divisional ATG at cruiser but historically it's always been a weak division.

Heavyweight is a different matter. Nobody is going to top Ali's resume or Louis'. Too many title defenses, ATGs, and HOFers on there. On another note if Usyk does beat Fury then he'll become the first man in the four-belt era to become a two-division undisputed champion at cruiserweight & heavyweight. Nobody's done that. Holyfield did this in the three-belt era.

Reactions: HHJ
I love Usyk, but neither of these guys has a claim to being the GOAT regardless of the result. Countless HWs are ahead of them in the GOAT discussion.

The real question is, where do you guys have Usyk if he beats Fury tomorrow? He was arguably the greatest Cruiserweight of all time with Glowacki, Huck, Gassiev, Briedis, Bellew. He has a Semi pro win over Joe Joyce, then at HW he's beaten Joshua twice and Dubois. Where does a win over Fury put him all time? Unified Cruiserweight champ and Unified Heavyweight? What more can he even do, go back down and fight Jai? Was he in an era simply too weak?
I'll put him as the P4P king, post the Floyd era.

He can build his resume at HW. Parker is not a huge HW & has got himself back in title contention. Hrgovic s still out there. Or the winner of Wilder/Zhang...But I think Usyk has mentioned leaning towards retirement if he collected all the belts.

If he wins tommorow you could even debate him over the Klitchkos in the all time HW rankings. But would probably need some names above for it to have real substance.

Potentially subject to change if Crawford beats Canelo. Or if the Monster beats Tank or any champ close to those weights.

As for Fury he will never touch GOAT status unless he fights AJ. His resume is thin. His best wins on paper were a fading over the hill Wlad in one of the ugliest fights of all time & a limited Wilder trilogy that he was battered severely in 2 of the 3. Long periods of inactivity. Testing issues. He doesn't deserve GOAT status if he beats a CW.

I'll put him as the P4P king, post the Floyd era.

He can build his resume at HW. Parker is not a huge HW & has got himself back in title contention. Hrgovic s still out there. Or the winner of Wilder/Zhang...But I think Usyk has mentioned leaning towards retirement if he collected all the belts.

If he wins tommorow you could even debate him over the Klitchkos in the all time HW rankings. But would probably need some names above for it to have real substance.

Potentially subject to change if Crawford beats Canelo. Or if the Monster beats Tank or any champ close to those weights.

As for Fury he will never touch GOAT status unless he fights AJ. His resume is thin. His best wins on paper were a fading over the hill Wlad in one of the ugliest fights of all time & a limited Wilder trilogy that he was battered severely in 2 of the 3. Long periods of inactivity. Testing issues. He doesn't deserve GOAT status if he beats a CW.

Crawfords resume is rather thin too and Canelo is kinda...on the slide, but I think Canelo would/will talk the Crawford fight before Benavidez. I'd favor Crawford at this point it just doesn't feel monumental anymore.

Usyk probably does retire, I know, him facing the winner if Zhang/Wilder or Hrgovic if he wins all just feel like noticeable steps back from beating Joshua and Fury (if he does). But adding longevity to his reign couldn't hurt.

If Inoue makes it to Lightweight I'd be shocked, Tank is his ultimate legacy fight but it feels cartoonish. He could get some belts at Featherweight even though that division lacks greats, even Super Featherweight vs a guy like Navarette maybe. I don't another fight I hear people talk about is Junto Nakatani vs Inoue. We will see.

What would Bivol look like at LHW if he beat Beterbiev and Benavidez?

Back