• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Fedor one of the most complete skilled set HW ever?

So is he?

• Total voters
I don't think he had EVERYTHING. But he had the best fight IQ ever which is why he always knew how to fight and prepare for whoever was across from him. His boxing was insanely good in his prime, and his ground work speaks for itself beating Big Nog twice in his prime. But everyone has holes in their game, he just was a smart durable guy who knew how to pick the person across from him apart.

Last edited:
You definitely don't have to convince me of Werdum's overall skillset. Even after he got beat by Miocic, I maintain that he was still the best HW in the world at that time. He was beating Miocic and got overzealous, a characteristic not normal for him. I think Werdum would have won the rematch back then. I was also calling his win vs Cain. In fact it was my first MMA bet ever and I made $800 on it.
Just arguing my point, was actually expecting to get blasted for my original post.
I'd probably put Fedor ahead of him just due to being the better striker and ability to dictate where the fight goes but I wouldn't be upset to see either guy ahead of the other in terms of well roundedness.

Fedor is the Ultimate GOAT. This explains everything.

He was beating Miocic and got overzealous,
Absolutely positively not, straight up lie. Watch the fight again. Stipe controlled every single exchange.

Werdum was whiffing on pinches, eating punches, eating kicks, got his kicks checked, got rocked, rushed in and got the lights turned out. Stipe was in total control.

His striking was sloppy, wouldn’t call him a highly skilled striker

I’ll take cormier or stipe as both more well rounded and highly skilled fighters

This has be a troll with a big bait. Lol

Cormier? Mummy stand.. funny kicks. Lol

His wrestling was horrible. CRingey takedown attempts

NVM, Refer to post #16 and stop hatin.

But those aren't double legs. Doesn't count.
bork1}

15+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Egidijus+Valavicius_xvid_004.gif

Dbl(with a trip he decided not to use, tossed him nstead) but irrelevant same effect regardless of art, opponent on his back.

Fedor is the most well rounded MMA fighter period. Usually when guys are that well rounded, they cant compete with the best strikers striking and the best grapplers grappling but he did it and won. Anderson was never the GOAT, not even after Fedor got tapped by Werdum because Fedor was still the more skilled fighter at his peak.

IMO Fedor's greatness is his speed, flexiblity, aggression. The majority of technique he uses are basic.

Yes, facts.

In the GIF above he kicks the leg, draws a strike, times the slip, attempts the dbl, uses a trip as backup, doesnt need t and elevates the dbl instead. A lot of technique in 3 seconds for a basic fighter.

Last edited:
Are you going to attribute that single test to his entire MMA career?

I'm not trying ot discredit Fedor here.

But make this conversation a bit fair. I do think Fedor is the greatest HW.

But his performances cannot be equally compared to Stipe's. If Stipe was allowed PED us, he'd show more too.

And that's not a judgement of Fedor. Those were the rules of combat.
I assume everyone is on PEDs, that is my stance on the subject. I'm just pointing out that Fedor has in fact tested clean in his career.

Cormier has the best dirty boxing in HW history.
Fedor had no dirty boxing clinch game, sorta negates that kick argument

I do think Fedor is ahead because of his bottom game but he also doesn't have the takedown defence that DC has. He's a valid name to throw in the hat.

Stipe isn't up to par IMO he's essentially a wrestler/boxer who uses tons of toughness as a defence at times. (All time great HW though)

Cormier absolutely has better striking technique than fedor. His boxing is a lot better. A lot.

Well Fedor definitely tested clean for Affliction Trilogy when Josh Barnett popped and caused the event and organization to crumble.

Are you going to attribute that single test to his entire MMA career?

I'm not trying ot discredit Fedor here.

But make this conversation a bit fair. I do think Fedor is the greatest HW.

But his performances cannot be equally compared to Stipe's. If Stipe was allowed PED us, he'd show more too.

And that's not a judgement of Fedor. Those were the rules of combat.

Fedor also tested clean at PRIDE 32 in Las Vegas. On that same card, Randleman, Belfort and Nastula all tested positive for PEDs.

Fedor also tested clean at PRIDE 32 in Las Vegas. On that same card, Randleman, Belfort and Nastula all tested positive for PEDs.

Are you guys convinced the greatest HW of all time, who dominated during a PED era, and arguably the greatest HW division in MMA so far.. was the clean the entire time?

I'm not going to argue about it. I don't know.

I will say, I think that's a much greater leap of faith, than concluding Fedor probably used PEDs, cuz he was allowed too.

I think Overeem, Werdum and Cormier are more well rounded.

Fedor did not have clinch/dirty boxing mostly because of fighting in a ring.

Nobody could attack like prime Cain - on feet, in the clinch or on the ground. But he has no subs.

Are you guys convinced the greatest HW of all time, who dominated during a PED era, and arguably the greatest HW division in MMA so far.. was the clean the entire time?

I will say, I think that's a much greater leap of faith, than concluding Fedor probably used PEDs, cuz he was allowed too.
In the time period that the UFC and PRIDE co-existed the UFC had 8 fighters pop for PEDs and PRIDE had 4 fighters pop for PEDs*. It's an absolute fallacy that the UFC was a cleaner organization than PRIDE was... They just have a better marketing team to make you believe that is actually true.

*Proof below:

All UFC fighters were on PEDs. The UFC just didn't advertise it like PRIDE did.

It's an absolute fallacy that the UFC was a cleaner organization than PRIDE was...

This is not the argument I am making.

The last time you quoted me you did the same thing. I said PRIDE fights, and you showed me an Affliction one.

That said, UFC's testing was beatable and simplistic. I get it. But there was a test to pass.

That's different

Diaz, Randleman, Belfort and Nastula all got busted in America.

I really don't know if he did or did not either.

I just know that MANY of his opponents were PROVEN PED users so even if Fedor was using, it doesn't diminish his accomplishments. It was an even playing field.

We also know that he never tested positive in any of the events where the test results were made public, so we can at least assume he was clean when the rules required him to do so.

That said, UFC's testing was beatable and simplistic. I get it. But there was a test to pass.

That's different.
Again, that is not true. The very first time a non main event fighter was tested was 2006 UFC 62. Not far off from when PRIDE was about to dissolve. So literally every UFC fighter that had a fight not as the main event was able to dope as much as they felt like, no different than PRIDE.

You're trying to argue that Fedor not being tested was unique, and as a result diminish his accomplishments. I'm here to inform you that the UFC was the same way.

You're trying to argue that Fedor not being tested was unique, and as a result diminish his accomplishments.

No. I will tell you my point again.

Stipe, for example, who is in this discussion.. Fought under different circumstances which would effect the ability to display a complete and well rounded skill set. Which this discussion is aboot.

If you want to argue something else, do it without me.

Back