Is Fedor one of the most complete skilled set HW ever?

So is he?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Travis Fulton is the only other HW I can think of. His numbers are ridiculous, considering he's fought 320 times.

In Fedor 39 wins he has 15 knockouts, 15 submissions and 9 decisions.

Basically Fedor can beat you anywhere.

tenor.gif

Although he can abandon that well rounded game and head hunt at times lol. Whatever, his fights are never boring

I think he is easily the most well rounded HW ever

His wrestling was horrible. CRingey takedown attempts

Prime Fedor beats every MMA fighter who ever lived

Does Fedor Elmerfuddenko have another fight coming up, or are you guys just bored and felt like trolling?

Werdum and Overeem seem pretty close to Fedor or are maybe even more well rounded.

He wasn't a wrestler, he was using Judo for takedowns and he was flawless with it at times.
Nobody else was getting Cro cop down at the time of their fight and he made Nog look like a child offensively and deffensively

When he was in his prime for sure. No one was as well rounded as him back then. Not so much today.

Dan Severn is the HW GOAT, no ones accomplishments and skill level comes close to him, but after him then yeah Fedor, Fedor was so fast for HW in his prime and was good everywhere.

Severn. First UFC champ champ (tournament champ and superfight champ), best striking defense stats ever, over 100 wins in MMA, debut at 36 years old which just is incredible, world class wrestler, world class submission skills, invented many of the submissions and locks you see today with the palm to palm grip.

Fedor, Pride champ, Strikeforce champ, great judo and sambo, very fast hands, Had probably the most skilfull fight ever in HW with Cro Cop, that was like a very high level LW fight.

Cormier.. Strikeforce champ, UFC champ champ, beat some of the best LHW's and HW's, world class wrestling, very good hands, super quick combo's.. good submission game, very good fight IQ

These are the top 3 HW's in MMA

In my opinion yes and what some people may pick at technically he made up for with 'X' factor

By body of work and style, he's probably the greatest HW.

But most of those highlights consists of allowed PED use, where majority of others in this discussion are not.

Sambo is a pretty good basic training for MMA

Dan Severn is the HW GOAT, no ones accomplishments and skill level comes close to him, but after him then yeah Fedor, Fedor was so fast for HW in his prime and was good everywhere.

Severn. First UFC champ champ (tournament champ and superfight champ), best striking defense stats ever, over 100 wins in MMA, debut at 36 years old which just is incredible, world class wrestler, world class submission skills, invented many of the submissions and locks you see today with the palm to palm grip.

Fedor, Pride champ, Strikeforce champ, great judo and sambo, very fast hands, Had probably the most skilfull fight ever in HW with Cro Cop, that was like a very high level LW fight.

Cormier.. Strikeforce champ, UFC champ champ, beat some of the best LHW's and HW's, world class wrestling, very good hands, super quick combo's.. good submission game, very good fight IQ

These are the top 3 HW's in MMA

Severn is a very good pick. He's a very complete fighter.

Join date checks out. Typical of UFC shill.

Werdum and Overeem seem pretty close to Fedor or are maybe even more well rounded.
Overeem is pretty well rounded, but he certainly lacks bottom game or the fluidity of Fedor in putting it all together. Still, he had subs, top game, clinch, striking.
Werdum... no, just no. I am a big fan of Werdum, and his striking got better over the years, but he was still just a BJJ guy with serviceable striking and no wrestling.

Overeem is pretty well rounded, but he certainly lacks bottom game or the fluidity of Fedor in putting it all together. Still, he had subs, top game, clinch, striking.
Werdum... no, just no. I am a big fan of Werdum, and his striking got better over the years, but he was still just a BJJ guy with serviceable striking and no wrestling.
Werdum's striking was top notch IMO but his wrestling is definitely a big knock against him. I just think his clinch made up for Fedor's wrestling. It's been a while since I seen Fedor fight but I remember him getting bullied by Hendo in the clinch and I can't remember him using it at all besides his trips and throws. Werdum was a monster in the clinch and battered Cain and Nelson

Ricco Rodriguez was the most complete grappler to ever compete at HW imo. Freestyle, catch, judo, clinch, top position, guard, submissions, etc. He had it all. Too bad his striking wasn't up to snuff.

Back