• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Fedor one of the most complete skilled set HW ever?

So is he?

• Total voters
By body of work and style, he's probably the greatest HW.

But most of those highlights consists of allowed PED use, where majority of others in this discussion are not.
They allowed PED use in UFC too. TRT remember... It's a nonsense argument either way.

Werdum and Overeem seem pretty close to Fedor or are maybe even more well rounded.

Why Werdum? If we talk about prime vs prime, Werdum was only better in BJJ. Both lack wrestling, but Fedor still had better takedowns and Fedor was the better striker both defensively and offensively and had a lot more KO power. Werdum was a good striker in his prime, but not on Fedor's level. Fedor never got outstruck in 10 years.

They allowed PED use in UFC too. TRT remember... It's a nonsense argument either way.

So regulated, approved TRT use, is the same as no drug testing?

Pass.

And yet Fedor's WADA-accredited testing, which included out of competition tests, means zero testing in your book.

We call that a double standard.

I asked for any proof these tests existed. Dates, quality of test, proof.

You're assuming any of these test magically fell in line with his PRIDE fights, because Sambo is pure and honorable, like most Russian organized events, so he obviously takes more serious than fighting for big money.

How often was he tested? When? And every fight?

Sorry, I will not assume these outside organizations kept a PRIDE fighter off PEDs.

You're welcome to make that leap with a smile, looking like a fool, on limited evidence.

I'm well comfortable concluding Fedor probably used more PEDs than Stipe, and every HW for the rest of time, becaue Fedor was allowed too.

So regulated, approved TRT use, is the same as no drug testing?

Pass.
They allowed PED use as a matter of fact, even if it was with those bogus TRT excemptions. They still allowed steroids.

And we both know that even if pre-USADA UFC tested for PED's they where and are considered a joke. They where too easy to beat to be considered having any use.

They where too easy to beat to be considered having any use.

UFC fighters of today, and tomorrow have a test thats hard to beat.

UFC fighters of then, had to do the basic stuff to pass a simple test.

PRIDE fighters did not have to care about PED test on most occasions.

Theoretically, a PRIDE fightercould injecting himself with venom blood and demon piss before the fight, without a worry or concern.

And you're going to pretend this is the same, as a piss test.

Because Drug X can beat basic testings, it's the exact same as free use of Drug Y, Z, K, and P

You're comparing doctor approved TRT use to handful of fighters, to open drug use.

Okay, you're welcome to that conclusion. I disagree.

Last edited:
Fedor is the most complete and skilled fighter ever and is the greatest fighter of all-time. It has truly been an honor to watch him fight. The world should be grateful for everything he has given to the sport and humanity in general.

UFC fighters of today, and tomorrow have a test thats hard to beat.

UFC fighters of then, had to do the basic stuff to pass a simple test.

PRIDE fighters did not have to care about PED test on most occasions.

Theoretically, a PRIDE fightercould injecting himself with venom blood and demon piss before the fight, without a worry or concern.

And you're going to pretend this is the same, as pissing in a cup after your fight.

Because Drug X can beat basic testings, it's the exact same as free use of Drug Y, Z, K, and P

Okay, you're welcome to that conclusion. I disagree.
No they where testing for a couple of drugs just before the fight, for safety i assume because it was for stimulants and stuff.

And I would say yes, the actual practical difference is very small between UFC's policies and PRIDE's policies. As long as you cycled off in time (which most people who use that stuff does anyway) you have zero problems.

No they where testing for a couple of drugs just before the fight

And that's the same as open drugs.

I understand.

Sherk got busted for anabolic steroids in 06, but he wouldn't in PRIDE in 06, and it's the same thing.

And that's the same as open drugs.

I understand.

Sherk got busted for anabolic steroids in 06, but he wouldn't in PRIDE in 06, and it's the same thing.
We are just going back and forth now. We can both agree that PED use was highly prevelant in both organisations. So why discredit Fedor for fighting under those conditions?

So why discredit Fedor for fighting under those conditions?

My point is, when you compare Fedor to the HWs in this discussion... "most complete skillset at HW"... To Stipe, and every HW that will come through UFC from now.. You have acknowledge the significant advantage a fighter who is allowed to use PEDs freely, over the fighters of today, and tomorrow, who for some reason can't seem to compare, that are tested harder.

There is nothing disrespectful about this. The refusal to acknowledge this, is disrespectful imo.

If you take kicks out of the equation, the answer changes, if you add free open drug use, the answer changes. Fedor fought under different circumstances than everyone that will be compared to him in the HW division for the rest of time.

You fanbois need to get over it.

My point is, when you compare Fedor to the HWs in this discussion... "most complete skillset at HW"... To Stipe, and every HW that will come through UFC from now.. You have acknowledge the significant advantage a fighter who is allowed to use PEDs freely, over the fighters of today, and tomorrow, who for some reason can't seem to compare, that are tested harder.

There is nothing disrespectful about this. The refusal to acknowledge this, is disrespectful imo.

If you take kicks out of the equation, the answer changes, if you add free open drug use, the answer changes. Fedor fought under different circumstances than everyone that will be compared to him in the HW division for the rest of time.

You fanbois need to get over it.
Well you bring up a interesting point but thats true of any fighter pre-USADA. It's definetly a factor when comparing fighters across time.

Well you bring up a interesting point but thats true of any fighter pre-USADA. It's definetly a factor when comparing fighters across time.

Thank you. Sorry if I was being a dick. This is a two day conversation now... lol

Back