Is Eddie Alvarez really a better win than Al Iaquinta?

Eddie’s knees were weak and arms were heavy, on the surface he did not look calm or ready.
Rumor has it backstage there was vomit on his sweater already

and it was his mom's spaghetti

Eddie is a top 5 LW of all time. Who the fuxk is Al? Lucky to be top 50 LW of all time.

So a former champ who has beaten far better opponents than Iaquinta has is not as good of a win as Iaquinta? Ok.

Helax young man, you can get your point across without the aggressiveness like an adult and debate the topic at hand with some class.

Not my intention. If it came across that way, I apologize.

So a lot of Conor fans keep parroting lies that Khabib has beat nothing but cans, one of whom he beat for the belt.

But how much better is Eddie than Al? I know that Eddie's had a longer career and a more extensive resume, but in terms of skill level, I feel that Al is a tougher fight for many people. Al isn't nearly as reckless or chinny as Eddie on the feet, and has a solid wrestling background with very good TDD. He is more powerful puncher than Eddie, and is also a bigger guy.

Saying that Eddie is far better because he was a champion is very misleading, as no one ever considered Bisping the best MW. Eddie arguably lost to both Pettis and Melendez (neither of whom were in their prime), so his run to the title was very flukey, and many feel that he is 0-2 against Chandler in Bellator.

I believe Al would knock Eddie out if they fought tomorrow, and that is why I don't understand how Conor's one win at 155 is so lauded, while Khabib's entire resume is denigrated.

Eddie is just a wild brawler with some wrestling that he barely ever uses. If we talk about stylistically, he was perhaps the best matchup for conor in the division. And all your points are true theses guys on here are filthy casuals. Conor said it himself eddie was very lucky to be in the position he was in.

Not my intention. If it came across that way, I apologize.

Respect, you’re right btw, @One MMA Fan is a good lad and one of the better ones around here but he’s often always wrong when it comes to Conor and because of that he will be wearing a nice custom AV after October 6th.

Funny you say that, but McGregor isn't awarded the same kind of logic or curtsey when it comes to the Diaz fight.

tenor.gif

"he looked like a non pro fighting for the first time in a main event with a lights on him. No game plan, no IQ, no nothing"

He made mistakes, but what the fuck are you talking about??? You make it sound like almost any LW in the UFC could get full mount on a top 5 ranked LW contender, who has only lost 1 fight in 4 years, and has beat 2 ex UFC Champions in his last 3 fights!!

usa_today_10992117.0.jpg

dustin-poirier-eddie-alvarez-ufc-on-fox-30-3.jpg

Cool now analyze wtf happened in the night we are talking about in here.

<GOT2>

Eddie’s knees were weak and arms were heavy, on the surface he did not look calm or ready.

To drop bombs because he kept on forgetting the game plan he wrote down in his note book with the whole crowd growing so loud?

Respect, you’re right btw, @One MMA Fan is a good lad and one of the better ones around here but he’s often always wrong when it comes to Conor and because of that he will be wearing a nice custom AV after October 6th.

That's right.

Wait what.. hmh <{fry}>

Funny you say that, but McGregor isn't awarded the same kind of logic or curtsey when it comes to the Diaz fight.
Because Diaz was in Cabo smoking bongs before he got the call up, while Al had already gone through a full camp to fight someone else....

lol what a fucking question.

Eddie was at a higher level at the time.

Also Khabib couldn't even finish IaQuinta in 5 rounds who took the fight on 1 days notice.

Eddie win > Al win.
Big Raging Al fan too.

To drop bombs because he kept on forgetting the game plan he wrote down in his note book with the whole crowd growing so loud?

Even Nate eventually realize to stop leading cause he counters your slow ass with the left.. and Nate is.. nate.

Eddie was at a higher level at the time.

Also Khabib couldn't even finish IaQuinta in 5 rounds who took the fight on 1 days notice.

Eddie win > Al win.
Big Raging Al fan too.

Anther 1 day goof lol.

That's right.

Wait what.. hmh <{fry}>

Bee tee dubs I backed you up on that one post above, but you will still be wearing the dick pillow soon.

It comes full circle, from our boy Nightwingbjj to you.

Back