Is Eddie Alvarez really a better win than Al Iaquinta?

He is silent because he is patiently waiting for a track to explode on.

Yeah but more than likely his ass is gonna get rolled on

To be fair, I feel like Eddie would give Chiesa or Clarke an absolute beatdown.
dnno.gif
[/QUOTE
Al was mauling Cheisa, His sub defence isn't as solid but he has solid striking and defensive wrestling.

Yeah but more than likely his ass is gonna get rolled on

But it really feels as though his flow has been hot for so long. If you think he’s gonna fall off you’re so wrong.

imo eddie is better than iaquinta although i agree that alvarez is extremely overrated and always has been

But it really feels as though his flow has been hot for so long. If you think he’s gonna fall off you’re so wrong.

Haha. Sorry dude, I have to be up for work in 4 hours so should really get some sleep. Thanks for the entertainment though, cheers

Haha. Sorry dude, I have to be up for work in 4 hours so should really get some sleep. Thanks for the entertainment though, cheers

Rest well bud, have a good one.

Unpopular opinion here...
I'm a huge fan of both guys, been a fan of Eddie for much longer and followed his career from every organization.
Having said that...
I believe a win over Al Iaquinta is more impressive currently. Eddie is a great fighter but at this stage of his career he is on the downside. Granted Eddie has much more accolades and has accomplished much more than Al, Al is the younger tougher fighter currently.
I also believe that if Iaquinta and Eddie were to fight, Al would come away with the win.
Just my opinion though.
<{imoyeah}>

Eddie has one of the best resumes at lw to date.

if you cant see why Eddie is a better win you surely are retarted.

Eddie is a superior fighter by any metric. He is faster, more well rounded, has better cardio, better movement, wrestling, heart, experience, jitz, reaction time, record, ranks...

The only area where Al wins is boxing and power.

Yes Alvarez at least up until recently was a top 4 guy, Al not even top 10.
And I know that Alvarez would have tried to beat Khabib and I'd give him about 40/60 chance. Al didn't even try to win, it was purely about damage limitation but he showed zero ambition in that fight. Al had zero belief and was defeated before the fight revealed by his quote "I don’t want to fight that f----ng guy, did you see what happened to Barboza? Are you f----ng nuts? You want to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov?".

Al is a tough dude, has never been finished by strikes.

Make Al Vs Eddie happen and clear this up, please. I’m leaning towards Al, but who knows.

Eddie just beat Justin not long ago. Al has been tweeting a lot..

That he is inconsistent and that Eddie probably wouldn't loss to anyone out of the top 10.

Except we all can see that Al is -inside- the top 10, at least within the UFC's own ranking system.

Truth be told, I have always been a fan of Eddie's and always defended him when my big bro trashed him back in the day. However, Al is being severely underrated and overlooked by many, if not most, fans and it's really dumb. He is arguably at the peak or near end of his prime, and he should be matched up against more top guys so we can actually see how good he is. He made it 5 rnds against Khabib with a day's notice...so that's something.

Last edited:
Except we all can see that Al is -inside- in the top 10, at least within the UFC's own ranking system.

Truth be told, I have always been an fan of Eddie's and always defended him when my big bro trashed him back in the day. However, Al is being severely underrated and overlooked by many, if not most, fans and it's really dumb. He is arguable at the peak or near end of his prime, and he should be matched up against more top guys so we can actually see how good he is. He made it 5 rnds against Khabib with a day's notice...so that's something.
He's gritty too. He beat Masvidal which is a big deal too. My inital comment sounded more critical than I intended.

The agenda and narrative is always fluctuating after the fact, mma fans are very very fickle. Prior to the fight many were hoping Eddie was going to work Conor, he got outclassed and he went from the underground king to a scrub overnight.
If Conor wins I cant wait to hear the shit people say about Khabib.

I really don't know how Iaquinta is so overrated, he's a top 15 LW but he's nowhere close to a title contender, his best wins are against a super green Kevin Lee and one of the biggest robberies in UFC history against Masvidal where the crowd booed him out the building. Eddie has wins over Chandler, Melendez, Pettis, Gaethje and RDA.

Back