Is Derrick Lewis using BJJ without ever learning it exists?

Black Beast the guy is hilarious.. when he is on the ground if he don't like it then he just straight up gets up like you are getting out of bed lol, no technique, no sweeps, no positioning BS, just stands the fuck up LMAO. the guy is pure Gold. War Black Beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the Viktor Pesta fight when Black Beast was on the ground, he was just resting like a fat beached Whale... then all of a sudden it was like he had to wake up for work and his alarm clock rang, he just got up in slow motion like you are getting out of bed and stood the fuck up LMAO.

Brock_Lesnar_2014.jpg

He has some moves he uses in certain spots, once he gets up better to move away as he comes up swanging and banging as well. Grabs underhook gets his hips back and stands up, his strength keeps his opponent from settling back onto him and he just gets up.

Derrick Lewis invented BJJ, he just ditched it because its for dorks.

I’m a white belt in BJJ learning my first few sweeps.

And it looks like his “Just get up” defence is an explosive type of shrimping mixed with strikes

You should see Derrick vs Ricky Shivers....it was like a playground fight where they just keep rolling each other over, it was hilarious to watch.

I’m a white belt in BJJ learning my first few sweeps.

And it looks like his “Just get up” defence is an explosive type of shrimping mixed with strikes

If you are just starting BJJ you should master this side control escape, which is what Lewis is doing half of the time. It is at least the 2nd most important side control escape.

Cliffs: BJJ is for dudes who like to rub bodies on the ground
Lewis is not the type

Rampage black beast and mark hunt are just strong dudes who can get up with very rudimentary knowledge of what to do off your back.

lol Roy nelson gets him in a crucifix and he just simply pushes Roy off.

You're naive if you don't realize he's been doing jiujitsu +10 years

A combination of everything everyone's already said.

He's unnaturally strong, has an innate sense of timing/movement/balance when it comes to grappling, HW division kind of sucks and regardless of how seriously he takes it I'm sure he's racked up hours on the mat, it's not like he's completely inexperienced.

Its some of the most beast mode shit I've ever seen. I knew it wouldn't work against Cormier though too skilled and strong for that sort of defense. Itd be the same thing with a werdum, you cant give your back to dangerous mfers.

In the gym I'd give my back to heavyweight over one of our welterweights 10/10, the difference is skill

I think Derrick is just getting up because he don't like being in that position completely unaware of any potential jiu jitsu he may or may not be using...

Back