Derrick Lewis: I really don't care about the HW title

semi-reliable heavyweight with decent name recognition is pretty much the most lucrative career path MMA has to offer aside from actually being champ. for him, the difference is probably marginal

Not entirely honest. He cares about the money. Being the UFC HW champion would get him a lot more money than not being the champion. He’s had two shots at a belt. One undisputed TS. And one IC. But he was finished in both fights.

I think he knows he’s just not at that level. So he just fights. Anybody, anytime. But of course he cares about the title. If he had lost his last fight he was probably not going to get re-signed. So it’s just easier to say being the champion doesn’t matter. But that’s not being honest. There’s not an athlete on this planet that doesn’t want to be the champion.

Mostly honest.. but not completely honest. That’s good enough, though. It’s just some insulation he’s built around himself, imo. But deep down.. Of course he wants to win and be the champion.

I don't care about bagging Halle Berry bro. I'll just bang the fat tub of lard down at the local pool hall instead.

<<<This guy still bitter about the time he had money on Ngannou beating Lewis.

Texans don't pay state income tax.
I could see him making a big deal about it since NV, and FL are also income tax free states.
That makes sense, i knew Nevada doesnt have state taxes, if he fights there opposed to some crazy taxing country like Australia, not sure Brazil then yeah he feels like he is getting robbed, lol, thats on him and his manager.

Wouldn't surprise me

vApaViF.gif
{<jordan}

He really went with it! At least through the motions, if he didn’t have a clear idea what to twist and how. Haha, thanks for posting this! It’s great and I had no idea that happened

This is why Sherdog needs the upgrade.

<EdgyBrah>

Might be slow to(every?)day; but you lost me.

That makes sense, i knew Nevada doesnt have state taxes, if he fights there opposed to some crazy taxing country like Australia, not sure Brazil then yeah he feels like he is getting robbed, lol, thats on him and his manager.

Never talked taxes with my cousins; but I remember former clients down there loving me when I was on Wall St since their accounts were held in the states.

On the other hand, if you're sitting in cash, they were paying something like 12%.
That was maybe 6-7 years ago, though; and as I understand it's all over the place.

Re on him and his manager: 100%

I dont care either? Reason? Glad u asked, just like Derrick i have no chance of winning it.

You're welcome

Was gonna make a similar post.

I'll add hw championship to the list of things I'm not concerned about. Along with world famous astrophysicist and underwear model.

Lewis following up that flying knee KO w a leg lock on Almeida is an insane timeline
Lewis via any submissions is insane lol, I remember when pat berry actually tried to go for a submission on lavar Johnson and mark hunt tried and armbar on Ben rothwell too

He fights for money, not legacy, a belt or anything else.

Just money, which is fine.

His fat ass isn’t a championship caliber fighter anyway.

He could possibly win a title with his KO power but highly unlikely he keeps that title for long.
He's like a black mark hunt. You can never fully count him out. Power and durable.

Back