Is Derrick Lewis using BJJ without ever learning it exists?

mark-hunt-620x340.jpg

Brilliant, very relevant to the topic

What a genius

the funny part about this fight was that lewis ate every shot hunt threw and also was throwing bombs of his own. lewis literally just got tired cause of all the ribs he was eating before the fight lol hunt and lewis are both good fighters

Or you could just be in denial about how strong Derrick Lewis actually is?

Ngannou has punching power, but that does not mean he is stronger than Lewis. Hell Stipe had Ngannou on the ground easily and as you can see Ngannou was unable to muscle out of it and Stipe is much smaller than Ngannou.

Hunt is strong but I have never seen Hunt muscle out of anything. Rothwell has KO'ed power, but who has he out muscled?

Lewis just simply powers his opponent off of him with his strength using very little if any Technique at all.

maybe you're in denial he's not all strength power? there's no way he's as strong as you say he is with a back so compromised he was ready to retire because of it. not to mention, he can't even workout to get into shape because of his back but somehow he's stronger than all the HWs with good backs? hard to believe.

Last edited:
maybe you're in denial he's not all strength power? there's no way he's as strong as you say he is with a back so compromised he was ready to retire because of it. not to mention, he can't even workout to get into shape because of his back but somehow he's stronger than all the HWs with good backs? hard to believe.
Or like I said, you are just in denial how strong Derrick Lewis is, that's pretty obvious.

If the other heavyweights are so strong as you say. Why come they have never out muscled or simply powered out of their opponents getting off top of them with no skill or technique like Derrick Lewis has?

i have a question. if it's only about strength why can't the other HWs do the same thing? he's the only HW who can get up from under ANYONE. even from under DC. i get that he's strong, but so are the other HWs.
. Because it's a risk involved that they won't take

Back