Is DC the most over rated fighter at LHW?

Now before some of you fanboys throw a gigantic fit, remember that this is only a question, im not saying he is, but it sure feels that way.

Lets look at some of his wins.
patrick cummins(who?)
Dan henderson(old,slow,fighitng 50 pounds over his weight class)

Those are his 2 wins in LHW division...

Now i get it, hes got some hype, but he is not a young guy, his stand up is not good, he struggled to strike vs dan, but yes, he can wrestle, jon jones is a pretty good wrestler himself, hes also one of the best if not THE best at making sure there is distance between him and his opponent. Are we honestly going to believe that DC can take jones down at will, and hold him there throwing little tiny punches like he did vs hendo? Are we saying hes a MUCH better wrestler then Sonnen who is one of the best wrestlers in the UFC? Or are we going to believe that he is going to somehow become a good enough striker to close the distance to even get that takedown?

Honestly, i think he needs at least 2 more top 10 guys at LHW before i can see him fighting for a title. I would love for him to fight gus(if he was to lose to jones) just to see how he is going to close that distance on a similarly built fighter, would i be wrong here?

What about Rashad? Is DC better fighter then Rashad? He certainly cant out strike Rashad, and i think Rashad has good enough wrestling to keep it on his feet.

I honestly think we are giving this guy too much credit for too little right now, he hasn't accomplished that much, his record is very deceiving and i don't think he has the diversity in his game to be able to challenge some of the better younger fighters in the division. Hes a good fighter, im sure he will get better, but hes not getting younger and i think he has limited potential at this point, what you fellas think?

are you the most idiotic person to start a stupid ass thread in order to try and provoke a discussion?

i cant believe ppl buy into this shiet.

I think Cormier is the real deal. He's never even lost a round.

You can't ignore his resume, the guy fights like the god-damned incredible hulk.

thats the thing tho, what resume? His best win is against barnett or roy, roy who is the joke of the HW division who seems to always win one and lose one just depending if anyone is willing to bang with him or not and barnett who is pretty much his only legit win against a top 5 guy. Am i wrong about this? Are you talking about a different resume im not aware of? Would that be his resume as Olympian which has nothing to do with the UFC?

He might not be the *most* over rated, but i feel like he is at the top of that list if there was one.

I think Rashad would beat him, i think gus would destroy him, i think Jones would retire him, i don't think he could be glover or Anthony Johnson who are both big guys that he just would not be able to toss around. Are these things not true? Come on fellas, dont be blinded by the numbers that hes unbeaten and this and that half the guys on TUF are unbeaten but that does not make them anything special.

DC will take down anyone at will. Including Jones. His striking is powerful as well.

No that title definitely goes to rumble.

no

am I the only one that gets a feeling that most of these retards questioning the guy's skill level haven't seen his fights in Strikeforce?

If anything, DC is the most underrated fighter at LHW.

his stand up is not good,

His hand speed and footwork are better than most if not all lhw/hw

Jones is one of the best if not THE best at making sure there is distance between him and his opponent

VERY true

. Are we honestly going to believe that DC can take jones down at will, and hold him there throwing punches?

Debatable

Are we saying hes a MUCH better wrestler then Sonnen who is one of the best wrestlers in the UFC?

LOLOL...yes I'm gonna say he's a much better wrestler

Or are we going to believe that he can close the distance to even get that takedown?

GREAT question

Honestly, i think he needs at least 2 more top 10 guys at LHW before i can see him fighting for a title. , would i be wrong here?

ANSWER-yes

I honestly think we are giving this guy too much credit for too little right now,
THAT'S an opinion.......personally disagree

he hasn't accomplished that much,

THAT'S an opinion.....incredibly stupid one at that

his record is very deceiving

YOU'RE right....I don't think any one realizes. That a FULL THIRD OF HIS FIGHTS CONSIST OF TOP10 WINS

Went ahead and fixed your post for you

No need to thank me

By the same logic, pettis was the most over rated fw ever, hes never won a fight at that weight so theres no way hes top 10.
Cormier was a tiny hw who has dominated the guys jones cuts weight to avoid. Even now Cormier is, at worst, the 4th best hw on the planet

This guy has to be trolling.

Rashad's striking is not much better than Cormier's. When was the last time Rashad stood in the pocket and threw punches? He's been gunshy ever since Machida.

As for Cormier being overrated, it should be clear after reading through this thread that you're in the minority here. Cormier destroyed BigFoot, clearly beat Barnett, Nelson, and Mir, and manhandled Henderson in the wrestling department. Did Rashad throw Henderson around in their fight? Not even close, Rashad was lucky to walk out with a decision.

What's Gustafsson's biggest career win? Rua? Thiago Silva? Manuwa? Last time I checked none of those guys were in the Top 10. Should Gustafsson be considered overrated then?

How about Rashad, what's his biggest win over the last 3-4 years? A razor-thin decision over Henderson? How about his decision win over Phil Davis...oh, that's right, Phil Davis isn't in the Top 5 right now, so clearly Evans is overrated too.

Glover Teixeira's biggest win over the last 3-4 years is Rampage or Ryan Bader. Neither guy is even close to Top 5. Is Glover overrated?

Based off claiming that Cormier has no wins over current contenders, it seems that neither does Glover, Gustafsson, or Evans.
What fighter beyond Jon Jones in the Light Heavyweight Division is not overrated in your opinion?

This guy has to be trolling.

Rashad's striking is not much better than Cormier's. When was the last time Rashad stood in the pocket and threw punches? He's been gunshy ever since Machida.

As for Cormier being overrated, it should be clear after reading through this thread that you're in the minority here. Cormier destroyed BigFoot, clearly beat Barnett, Nelson, and Mir, and manhandled Henderson in the wrestling department. Did Rashad throw Henderson around in their fight? Not even close, Rashad was lucky to walk out with a decision.

What's Gustafsson's biggest career win? Rua? Thiago Silva? Manuwa? Last time I checked none of those guys were in the Top 10. Should Gustafsson be considered overrated then?

How about Rashad, what's his biggest win over the last 3-4 years? A razor-thin decision over Henderson? How about his decision win over Phil Davis...oh, that's right, Phil Davis isn't in the Top 5 right now, so clearly Evans is overrated too.

Glover Teixeira's biggest win over the last 3-4 years is Rampage or Ryan Bader. Neither guy is even close to Top 5. Is Glover overrated?

Based off claiming that Cormier has no wins over current contenders, it seems that neither does Glover, Gustafsson, or Evans.
What fighter beyond Jon Jones in the Light Heavyweight Division is not overrated in your opinion?

This post makes no sense, you are taking fights that happened awhile back and putting them in 2014 scenario... At the time most of those fighters were contenders and top 10 fighters. Rashad has 10x better striking then DC, this is not even debatable, he went toe to toe with Bones without any problems, not many can say that.

Yes he got a decision vs dan, but at the same time, he does not outweigh hendo by such a big deficit...

Meanwhile, when has barnett or Mir been relevant in anything? Im confused... both are gatekeepers at best, mir hasn't won since the sub vs nog like what 3 years ago? Hes been a punching bag ever since... You cant honestly say that you learned anything about dc from watching that fight....

Same with barnett, his wins have been worse then matt browns.... bunch of random nobody's.

Bigfoot, hes pretty much the only win you can consider legit, and even then, he got lucky vs reem after being his punching bag, lost to cain twice, lost to werdum, he was just one of those guys that was underestimated and that's why he got away with alot of things that he got away with, people take him more serious now and i don't see a bright future for him anymore, hes kind of like brett rogers.

Im not saying DC sucks or is a bad fighter, im just saying hes being waaaaaaaaaaaay over hyped and its insane, what has he done? Toss his weight around and use his wrestling against much slower(mir),smaller(hendo) and older fighters that are either past their prime or new comers like pat cummins, hell even roy nelson, like i cant believe that guy is still in the ufc, he either ko's someone in the first 2 minutes or gasses and becomes a walking zombie, thats not talent....

DC is a good athlete, strong big athletic, but he lacks alot of fundamental skills and against higher tier fighters like the ones i already mentioned that have the full package, that can wrestle, know how to get back up and that are great strikers that will take full advantage of his mistakes on the feet, they will destroy DC easily.

Back