Is DC the most over rated fighter at LHW?

TomTomNT

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Now before some of you fanboys throw a gigantic fit, remember that this is only a question, im not saying he is, but it sure feels that way.

Lets look at some of his wins.
patrick cummins(who?)
Dan henderson(old,slow,fighitng 50 pounds over his weight class)

Those are his 2 wins in LHW division...

Now i get it, hes got some hype, but he is not a young guy, his stand up is not good, he struggled to strike vs dan, but yes, he can wrestle, jon jones is a pretty good wrestler himself, hes also one of the best if not THE best at making sure there is distance between him and his opponent. Are we honestly going to believe that DC can take jones down at will, and hold him there throwing little tiny punches like he did vs hendo? Are we saying hes a MUCH better wrestler then Sonnen who is one of the best wrestlers in the UFC? Or are we going to believe that he is going to somehow become a good enough striker to close the distance to even get that takedown?

Honestly, i think he needs at least 2 more top 10 guys at LHW before i can see him fighting for a title. I would love for him to fight gus(if he was to lose to jones) just to see how he is going to close that distance on a similarly built fighter, would i be wrong here?

What about Rashad? Is DC better fighter then Rashad? He certainly cant out strike Rashad, and i think Rashad has good enough wrestling to keep it on his feet.

I honestly think we are giving this guy too much credit for too little right now, he hasn't accomplished that much, his record is very deceiving and i don't think he has the diversity in his game to be able to challenge some of the better younger fighters in the division. Hes a good fighter, im sure he will get better, but hes not getting younger and i think he has limited potential at this point, what you fellas think?

How can a fighter be overrated if he has only Wins ?

Now before some of you fanboys throw a gigantic fit, remember that this is only a question, im not saying he is, but it sure feels that way.

Lets look at some of his wins.
patrick cummins(who?)
Dan henderson(old,slow,fighitng 50 pounds over his weight class)

Those are his 2 wins in LHW division...

Now i get it, hes got some hype, but he is not a young guy, his stand up is not good, he struggled to strike vs dan, but yes, he can wrestle, jon jones is a pretty good wrestler himself, hes also one of the best if not THE best at making sure there is distance between him and his opponent. Are we honestly going to believe that DC can take jones down at will, and hold him there throwing little tiny punches like he did vs hendo? Are we saying hes a MUCH better wrestler then Sonnen who is one of the best wrestlers in the UFC? Or are we going to believe that he is going to somehow become a good enough strike to close the distance to even get that takedown?

Honestly, i think he needs at least 2 more top 10 guys at LHW before i can see him fighting for a title. I would love for him to fight gus(if he was to lose to jones) just to see how he is going to close that distance on a similarly built fighter, would i be wrong here?

What about Rashad? Is DC better fighter then Rashad? He certainly cant out strike Rashad, and i think Rashad has good enough wrestling to keep it on his feet.

I honestly think we are giving this guy too much credit for too little right now, he hasn't accomplished that much, his record is very deceiving and i don't think he has the diversity in his game to be able to challenge some of the better younger fighters in the division. Hes a good fighter, im sure he will get better, but hes not getting younger and i think he has limited potential at this point, what you fellas think?

You think Hendo should be at LW?

You have got to be kidding me, yes he has only fought in the lhw twice, so you're just gonna ignore all of his wins at heavy weight: Mir, Barnett, Bigfoot, Nelson,etc.?

That's a lot of writing for such a terrible idea.

Only if you are retarded and act like he is a differnt fighter then he was at HW because he lost body and cuts weight.

Threads

1. You should fight whoever the UFC puts in front of you

2. UFC puts people in front of you and you destroy them

3. You are overrated

Kinda. If you're going to disagree, you at least have to mention an alternative..

Rumble maybe? At least I'm making an effort.

If after watching all his fights you still haven't figured out that he is a beast then you don't know much about mma. He didn't try to stand with Hendo because that was Hendo's sole and only chance to win. He ragdolled Hendo like no one ever came close to. And BTW those "weak" punches on the ground forced all-time badass Hendo to give up his back.

No, all he does is accept fights and wins in dominant fashion. The fact that you think hendo should fight at 155 shows how dumb you are...

No... And I didn't even read a word of your thread. Just the title.

Well I guess if you want to ignore everything else he has done then sure....

lol...

If you think Hendo isn't a worthy win, then I'm assuming the LHW only has 4~5 'good' fighters in your eyes:

- Jones
- Gusta
- Johnson (maybe?)
- Rashad
- DC

In the LHW Division DC is top quality no matter how you paint it, man.

TS is embarrassing himself. I guess Velasquez is overrated.
Doesn't realize heavyweight fighters are generally better than LHW ones.

Everybody's overrated apparently.

Back