Is DC strong enough to successfully wrestle Bones?

dc sets up some good traps
it's not just pure strenght

DC would make Jones look bad, look slow and look desperate. :)

i think that dc will want to make a point by beating jones via bullying, and treating jones like a little kid. a very motivated cormier is a scary, scary thought. if jones thought that gustafsson kicked his ass, just wait till cormier throws him around like a kid in the octagon.

i have cormier by a late tko or unanimous decision.

Definitely, but can he get close enough and avoid the elbows? My guess is Jones by a reachy 50-45

Cormier is going to get besmirched.

Jones seems to be very good at dealing with shorter wrestlers, he uses his length as leverage--which is why his wrestling was so much less effective against Gus.

Glover, Bader and Hamill are no slouches in the wrestling department and Jones had no issues with them.

That said, DC is going to toss him around like a dog playing with his favorite toy.

Yes he can.

I think alot of people are underestimating just how strong DC is. You would think after what he did to Hendo on Saturday it would quiet down, but I guess not.

DC looked tremendous against Hendo. Hypothetically speaking, he's doing ok in the stand up vs Jones and can close the distance. Is he able to do anything once he gets a hold of jones?

Please try to be as subjective as possible. No bias necessary

DC tossed a 250lb wrestler on his head, if he gets a hold of Jones the same thing will happen.

Jones can't hang with DC in the clinch. He is weaker, an inferior wrestler and doesn't have the right build.

yah i think he can take him down easily. hes an olympian in wrestling, and its a stocky build vs jones lanky build. i think cormier can easily take him down if he gets a hold of him.

How is this even a question?

DC is strong enough to take Jones off his feet and plant him on his head. I'm certain (though we will see proof when they collide) that he's not going to have any problems with Jones's wrestling on the feet. I also think they're fairly evenly matched in terms of striking, but with distinct stylistic differences. Jones has greater reach; DC likely has greater power.

If DC can get inside the pocket, he will ragdoll Jones all day. The best chance I see for Jones is to pick DC apart from the outside with jabs and kicks to the leg/knee, and work a trip into one of his combos later on and follow up with some seriously aggressive GnP.

Solid post. I agree with everything you said.

I am sure he is more than strong enough to but I think the question is whether he can establish the range to do so.

I think Jones will tire DC out with foot movement, outside striking. When DC does take him down, Jones will make him pay with elbows and sub attempts.

Just because DC is so amazing in wrestling, and is a decent powerful striker, I think people forget that Jones is superior in more ways than DC is superior over him.

I am a big DC fan, but Jones can run around and stay out of the clinch, and soften DC up over the course of the first 3 rounds. I don't think that takedowns = automatic victory for DC, even though I do believe he will inevitably get on average one per round.

I think Jones will tire DC out with foot movement, outside striking. When DC does take him down, Jones will make him pay with elbows and sub attempts.

Just because DC is so amazing in wrestling, and is a decent powerful striker, I think people forget that Jones is superior in more ways than DC is superior over him.

I am a big DC fan, but Jones can run around and stay out of the clinch, and soften DC up over the course of the first 3 rounds. I don't think that takedowns = automatic victory for DC, even though I do believe he will inevitably get on average one per round.

What makes you think he will be very good at something we've never seen him do?

Did you not see what DC did to Josh Barnett? ... Of course he's strong enough. First step is getting a hold of Jones though. "Can he close the distance to get a hold of Jones?" ... That's the real question.

Cormier is without a doubt definitely strong enough to successfully wrestle Jones. When Cormier was wrestling he was dominating wrestlers stronger & better than Jones. He even bumped up to heavyweight (when he was still competing at 211 pre 2008 not after he shot up in weight) and had no trouble strength wise.
Cormier's strength isn't the question for him against Jones.

Back