Is DC strong enough to successfully wrestle Bones?

DC can wrestle JJ, no doubt. The factor will the reach, I mean, not really the reach, but the eye poking. If JJ consistently pokes DC eyes he will succeed.

i think Dc can outwrestle Jones and has good chances to be productive on the feet to. i think for a smaller guys the only chance to fight Jones is to push all the way , and Dc in my opinion is the guy

Jones is the more accomplished MMA-wrestler so far, and he's much harder to take down than any HW.

In what way is jones more accomplished? Ive seen this before and there is literally no argument jones is a better wrestler

He'll get him down but what's he doing to do? Holding down a 199lb man is one thing, holding down a guy that is probably 225lbs on fight night who is strong and unorthodox is another.

Cormier looked a bit lost on the ground against Hendo. He showed great top control but he didn't seem like knew what he wanted to do. His ground and pound looked poor and his submission attempts (before the RNC) looked amateurish.

He's going to need to work on submission wrestling or ways to finish on the ground. Holding Jones down for 25 minutes just doesn't seem feasible.

He'll get him down but what's he doing to do? Holding down a 199lb man is one thing, holding down a guy that is probably 225lbs on fight night who is strong and unorthodox is another.

Cormier looked a bit lost on the ground against Hendo. He showed great top control but he didn't seem like knew what he wanted to do. His ground and pound looked poor and his submission attempts (before the RNC) looked amateurish.

He's going to need to work on submission wrestling or ways to finish on the ground. Holding Jones down for 25 minutes just doesn't seem feasible.

Didn't he just submit Hendo?

If Cormier can hold JJ down for even 15 mins of the 25 he'll win.

This will be a co-main event anyway since Bones is losing against gus

you guys ripping up rachel zane for telling the truth about hendo is SAD.

the guy is garbage in 2014. hes beaten one guy in the last 3 years. hes not shit in terms of relevance in the top of the division and a win over him does NOT warrant a title shot. cormier is going to be surprised at how good jones is compared to his last few opponents

he will rag doll Jones like a kid in a wrestling match

and even if Bones keep it standing, i dont think he can avoid, the speed striking of Cormier, i mean we saw him outstrike guys like Nelson and Pat with ease. he is not really 'traditional' in his striking approach, he is little unorthodox striker IMO, and with great hands as well. and we saw how Jones dealt with guys with great hands in gustafsson fight.

so Cormier beat Jones anywhere

when your best win in your last 6 fights is roy nelson you should consider yourself lucky to be in the title picture.

he will rag doll Jones like a kid in a wrestling match

and even if Bones keep it standing, i dont think he can avoid, the speed striking of Cormier, i mean we saw him outstrike guys like Nelson and Pat with ease. he is not really 'traditional' in his striking approach, he is little unorthodox striker IMO, and with great hands as well. and we saw how Jones dealt with guys with great hands in gustafsson fight.

so Cormier beat Jones anywhere

you just used nelson and pat barry as a measuring stick for striking with jon jones. SMH

gustafsson is a HUGE and very talented striker. neither would i apply to cormier.

Yes his slam is all you need to take notice of. He slammed Barnett the same way. I'm not sure how he did it only he knows.

Yes his slam is all you need to take notice of. He slammed Barnett the same way. I'm not sure how he did it only he knows.

Barnett was hopping and helping him...thats how. People forget that even though Barnett is a legit MMA fighter hes also a legit "pro" wrestler.

I don't think he'd get a real chance to wrestle Jones...that length will hurt DC

7V2ArKq.gif

It clearly shows that you know nothing about the history of Hendo or MMA. You're picking one fight he lost out of 40+ fights. Congrats on becoming "that guy".

look at what hendo is doing dude
right arm up in the air flailing around
eyes on the ground
left arm not defending or anything
head completly exposed
walks 3-4 steps forward
expects to land "h bomb"

he was pretty good back in the day, but that was way back, like YEARS ago
nowadays he just a one trick pony who cant even execute his only trick

so i guess that makes him a no trick pony

Because everyone knows Vitor was jacked up with TRT at the very least, and probably other better shyt as well.

wasnt hendo on trt as well?
besides, vitors trt usage is completly fucking irrelevant because thats not what made hendo fight like a complete amateur first day in the gym

Back