Is DC strong enough to successfully wrestle Bones?

he will rag doll Jones like a kid in a wrestling match

and even if Bones keep it standing, i dont think he can avoid, the speed striking of Cormier, i mean we saw him outstrike guys like Nelson and Pat with ease. he is not really 'traditional' in his striking approach, he is little unorthodox striker IMO, and with great hands as well. and we saw how Jones dealt with guys with great hands in gustafsson fight.

so Cormier beat Jones anywhere

Beats Jones anywhere? Are you fucking kidding me? You act like Jones just got the belt or something. Dude is a winner, and he will do whatever he can to NOT wrestle with DC. He will use his precision striking and dominate....yes dominate...the fight. You guys act like he DC just beat some top contender....1 win in his past 4 fights...that's Hendo's record. I am a big fan of Hendo, but of coarse DC takes this fight. I don't think DC beats Gus and I sure as hell don't think he beats Jones.

wasnt hendo on trt as well?
besides, vitors trt usage is completly fucking irrelevant because thats not what made hendo fight like a complete amateur first day in the gym

theyre trying to relive the days off MMA past.

beat one dude in the last 3 years. hendo is all but totally irrelevant and they cant stomach it.

Strong enough? He is easily much stronger than Jones. A better pure wrestler too. But can he get in and get a hold of the guy? It won't be easy. It's not like people haven't tried to get in Jon's face before.

Dc is the best wrestler in the history of the sport, and hes took down bigger guys than jones.

Let's get real. That is just not true. We've had legit world champs with olympic medals in MMA. A guy like Kevin Jackson was a better wrestler (Olympic gold '92, world champ '91 & '95). In fact, he was probably the best wrestler ever in the sport for real (let's not count the one fight Karelin had). For guys with longer MMA careers Matt Lindland achieved more in wrestling than Cormier too. Daniel is probably the most successful currently relevant wrestler.

Last edited:
Beats Jones anywhere? Are you fucking kidding me? You act like Jones just got the belt or something. Dude is a winner, and he will do whatever he can to NOT wrestle with DC. He will use his precision striking and dominate....yes dominate...the fight. You guys act like he DC just beat some top contender....1 win in his past 4 fights...that's Hendo's record. I am a big fan of Hendo, but of coarse DC takes this fight. I don't think DC beats Gus and I sure as hell don't think he beats Jones.

His wins in LHW are not Impressive

but if you count his win in HW

Soa, Barnett, Nelson, Antonio Silva, Mir, Monson.

all bigger guys than anyone in LHW, and DC rag doll them.
Jones never face anyone like DC

you just used nelson and pat barry as a measuring stick for striking with jon jones. SMH

gustafsson is a HUGE and very talented striker. neither would i apply to cormier.

first off all i mean patt cummings

Cormier also huge ( although not as tall and have shorter reach) and also very talented striker. and the best thing is he can mix it up with takedown and make Jones think more and hesitate more, which going to make Cormier easier to landed that big one.

I really think if DC wanted to he could have hurt Hendo on the feet and maybe TKO'd him, but that was not his decided gameplan, and he did not want to risk anything. (which is smart)

But yes he could easily tag and hurt Jones on the feet. His wrestling as well should give Jones fits. DC will win, mark my words.

Agreed, but why risk breaking his hand (again)? Especially against someone who likely will not go down and out off a single punch like Hendo. He'd literally be risking injuring/broken bones to put someone away when wrestling could do the trick. And he got the submission to cap it off.

Now against Jones..? And winning the gold? That's worth a broken hand.

This. Also, DC almost brings new meaning to the term "rag-dolled". That's not to say Jon hasn't thrown around some people in his day, but the way DC leverages people like Hendo as if he was never an Olympian, and the way he made Barnett look like he was on a kid's ride gone awry... man, you just have to believe he's got the upper hand.

DC has done it/is doing it at both HW and LHW. Jon has been doing it to opponents nearly everyone agrees he has dwarfed in terms of size post weigh-in.

DC has proven his striking chops and you can't really doubt his wrestling at all. He basically has all the tools to dethrone the champion if Gus doesn't first.

Perfect post IMO. Read my mind. Cormier is on beast mode right now at any weight class.

With a full gas tank I think Cormier can control him quite well, but I think he'll slow down much faster than Jones. Could be a close decision for either guy.

Strength isn't the question here. We all, and Jones as well, know how strong DC is. DC IS strong enough to wrestle Bones. The question is, can DC catch Bones. And I think Bones is too long, too quick, and too crafty to be caught. JBJ by decision by outpointing on the feet.

Yes he's strong enough

WTH are u talking about,DC is light years ahead of Jones in wrestling department
and what are you talking about? look, KOS was a light year ahead of GSP in wrestling department and look what happen.:rolleyes:
KOS was NCAA champion, GSP has no wrestling background, GSP outwrestle KOS easily.

Jones is deceptively brutish IMO, he's been rag dolling guys every fight. Will be interesting though

DC looked tremendous against Hendo. Hypothetically speaking, he's doing ok in the stand up vs Jones and can close the distance. Is he able to do anything once he gets a hold of jones?

Please try to be as subjective as possible. No bias necessary

If he can close the distance???
Yes. Honestly don't think we'll see any high impact slams(think the leverage isn't gonna be there because of jbj body type,jbj has better wrestling than he's given credit for, and he's gonna be 20lbs heavier than hendo) but dc's wrestling is good enough to put jon on his butt....NO DOUBT

Don't see him doing it tho....

Think fight goes 1 of 2 ways
Either
Jbj controls the distance with his side kicks to the knee/big brother palm on the forehead....and wins a ud

Or
Dc closes the distance/ pushes him up against the cage and wins a UD that looks a lot like Dc vs Mir

logged just to tell you tat manchester united is better

as long as dc can stay away from jones' eye pokes, he'll be more than ok.

If DC gets a hold of JJ, yes, he can definitely be succesful

Perfect post IMO. Read my mind. Cormier is on beast mode right now at any weight class.

Thanks. And call me crazy, but am I the only one who thinks Anthony Johnson vs. either guy is almost more interesting than DC vs. Jones itself? Like, DC has more than proven himself. Same for Jones. But there's this weird ass question mark surrounding how utterly incredible and scary Johnson looked against Davis.

Oh, LHW. Who would have thought you'd stay so exciting with Machida out of the picture to go over and make MW more exciting. I love MMA.

and what are you talking about? look, KOS was a light year ahead of GSP in wrestling department and look what happen.:rolleyes:
KOS was NCAA champion, GSP has no wrestling background, GSP outwrestle KOS easily.

Wrestling credentials don't mean shit in mma when you have to worry about getting hit in the face. On top of GSP having of the most explosive takedowns in mma he also knew how to expertly setup his takedowns with feints and striking. In a pure wrestling match vs Kos, I'm sure Kos could work gsp. For some people they just can't transition their wrestling into mma well.

Shit hendos an Olympic wrestler and never really showcased amazing wrestling in the cage, DC is one of the wrestlers whose transitioned his skill set into mma very well. If he can close the distance on bones, then bones is gonna go down. Keeping bones down is another story though, no matter how good his wrestling is the elbows from the bottom are going to be a real threat.

How is this even a question?

DC is strong enough to take Jones off his feet and plant him on his head. I'm certain (though we will see proof when they collide) that he's not going to have any problems with Jones's wrestling on the feet. I also think they're fairly evenly matched in terms of striking, but with distinct stylistic differences. Jones has greater reach; DC likely has greater power.

If DC can get inside the pocket, he will ragdoll Jones all day. The best chance I see for Jones is to pick DC apart from the outside with jabs and kicks to the leg/knee, and work a trip into one of his combos later on and follow up with some seriously aggressive GnP.

Back