Is CrossFit for me?

We spend more time in the main whining about fucking Crossfit than Crossfit people do. Seriously, who fucking cares?

The problem with a thread like this is how it evolves.

The thread itself is not the issue. The guy got what he needed in the first three or four responses. But then everyone and their brother's neighbor's cat wants to put their 0.02$ in without really catching that his question was answered.

Then the fucktard CF lovers catch a whiff of something CF related and they move in, and before long Eric has to get up off his last 700# Deadlift and drop knowledge and experience on someone, who clearly has no idea what the fuck he/she is talking about. That's pretty much how these CF thread go these days.

I have yet to meet any regional qualified guys that don't lift more than you (as indicated in your log)
I am sure you can take a shit over the soccer moms and middle aged dudes in a cross fit gym

Nevermind the other guys. At least ballhawkdawk's got a log in the training subforum. Where's yours?

This is Annie Thorsdottir, Crossfit Champion.

annie.jpg

ANNIET.jpg

Annie-Thorisdottir_2.jpg

She was dethroned...

By Camille Leblanc-Bazinet.

574710_3084767159684_1006065122_n-e1362419130468.jpg

475506144_640.jpg

I have yet to meet any regional qualified guys that don't lift more than you (as indicated in your log)
I am sure you can take a shit over the soccer moms and middle aged dudes in a cross fit gym

So you agree that most Crossfit gyms are full of worthless assholes. The level of butthurt required to go digging around in the training logs... "You think Crossfit is gay? Well some guy I know that does it lifts more than you!" If I can ever afford to eat Paleo and waste $10/day on Rocktape, watch your butthole because I'm coming for you.

Let's not act like all regional guys are putting up great numbers. I just found one with a 420 lbs deadlift and 380 lbs squat (http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/4489) and another with a 420 lbs deadlift and 320 lbs squat (http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/58645). I will say that the numbers have improved drastically over the years. I remember years ago you could find several people in the low 300s on squats and low 400s on deads. You can also watch on youtube the deadlift ladder in the crossfit games and the athletes are hitting PRs at around 440 lbs on deads. That's pretty bad for people that are supposed to represent the cream of the crop of a "sport to find the fittest athlete on earth".

Crossfit is the only "sport" on the planet I'm qualified to go pro at.

So you agree that most Crossfit gyms are full of worthless assholes. The level of butthurt required to go digging around in the training logs... "You think Crossfit is gay? Well some guy I know that does it lifts more than you!" If I can ever afford to eat Paleo and waste $10/day on Rocktape, watch your butthole because I'm coming for you.

I've been avoiding this thread but this post is hilarious.

Nevermind the other guys. At least ballhawkdawk's got a log in the training subforum. Where's yours?
too lazy to update online.
ballhawk
I didnt know that soccer moms and middle aged people = worthless assholes.Not everyone going to crossfit wants to go to the Games, or Regional. They just simply want to stay in shape, have a hobby. So apprently that gives you the almighty right to make fun of and belittle them?
I can safely assure you that Rocktape, Paleo won't help get you to regionals, nor qualify you for Ontario or Quebec WL provincials.

you call me butthurt, but seeing you constantly talking shits about crossfit indicates who's the more butthurt person.

And you probably should worry more about snatching BW first, before worrying about acting tough (on the internet nonetheless)

you call me butthurt, but seeing you constantly talking shits about crossfit indicates who's the more butthurt person.

And you probably should worry more about snatching BW first, before worrying about acting tough (on the internet nonetheless)

Dude, WTF? So you're too lazy to start a log, yet you have the time to talk shit about another member's numbers? Child, please. GTFOH with that childish nonsense.

Dude, WTF? So you're too lazy to start a log, yet you have the time to talk shit about another member's numbers? Child, please. GTFOH with that childish nonsense.
Do i talk shit about your numbers? The answer has something to do with you never belittling someone else.
Plus I have no grounds to insult you on, as you make reasonable and informed posts, have respectable lifting numbers.
Same reason I dont make deriding posts towards Keosawa, Eric Brown (I might disagree with a few of his statements), and a few other knowledgeable posters

Can't say the same for Ballhawk

P.S: plus I log using pen and paper, it takes too much effort to type that up and post here. If you feel the need for proof of my lifting, let me know

I didnt know that soccer moms and middle aged people = worthless assholes.Not everyone going to crossfit wants to go to the Games, or Regional. They just simply want to stay in shape, have a hobby. So apprently that gives you the almighty right to make fun of and belittle them?

That's the problem. Strength and Conditioning is a sub forum for dedicated athletes. the fact that crossfit had high rates of injury and terrible programming make it one of the worst options available. It's one step above P90x.

too lazy to update online.
ballhawk

I can safely assure you that Rocktape, Paleo won't help get you to regionals, nor qualify you for Ontario or Quebec WL provincials.

America gives me the almighty right to make fun of and belittle whoever I want. And don't you dare talk about my lagging snatch like that. It's a sensitive subject.

Fukking lol @ the fact S&C still gets so bent out of shape at the mention of crossfit. I understand it may not be optimal for an athlete, but for general fitness, its fine. Who gives a fuck if someone does CF instead of 531 and hill sprints? Only sherdog, where everyone is a top tier powerlifter or future MMA superstar.

I understand it may not be optimal for an athlete, but for general fitness, its fine.

I agree. It's pretty shitty, but it's something, so if you need external motivation to not be a total sack of shit, then join Crossfit and piss away your $. Sounds like we're on the same page.

Fukking lol @ the fact S&C still gets so bent out of shape at the mention of crossfit. I understand it may not be optimal for an athlete, but for general fitness, its fine. Who gives a fuck if someone does CF instead of 531 and hill sprints? Only sherdog, where everyone is a top tier powerlifter or future MMA superstar.

Yeah, exactly. This is a strength and conditioning forum. We're training like athletes, not like casual fitness enthusiasts. There's a reason why most of us bag on Crossfit: forms are shit and can lead to injuries, the programming is terrible and will most likely cause overtraining especially if you do not have a good conditioning base or at the worst case scenario, rhabdo, and the Paleo diet is just a fad diet that based on pseudoscientific claims.

Yeah, exactly. This is a strength and conditioning forum. We're training like athletes, not like casual fitness enthusiasts. There's a reason why most of us bag on Crossfit: forms are shit and can lead to injuries, the programming is terrible and will most likely cause overtraining especially if you do not have a good conditioning base or at the worst case scenario, rhabdo, and the Paleo diet is just a fad diet that based on pseudoscientific claims.

Not sure, can't be sure, but I do believe there are also a lot of people who do crossfit who are serious about their health / fitness.

Not sure, can't be sure, but I do believe there are also a lot of people who do crossfit who are serious about their health / fitness.

that may be the case, but there are lots of people who are serious about their health and still adhere to homeopathy and other alternative "medicines". People stick with unproven or disproven practices in spite of being very serious all the time.

Some of these people will even see improvement in spite of their practices being sub-optimal (or even harmful). They will then cite that as proof of the validity of those practices, even in the face of proper research that contradicts them.

I think most people here are saying that unless your goal is to compete in the crossfit games, crossfit is most likely somewhere between sub-optimal and destructive to your actual goals.

I am not an expert in the subject matter. However, i don't believe i've ever seen an expert in the subject matter who endorsed crossfit who wasn't making money off of it. (saying it gets people off the couch is not an endorsement.)

yeah their just not being smart about it.

And WHY did this atrocity of a thread have to come back?

Back