Is CrossFit for me?

This thread is getting pretty sidetracked, so I'll spoiler. Re: Military

First, I'll say that I don't hold any prejudices against anyone in the military. I have friends that were in the military, my neighbor is part of the military, and I know a lot of others in the military. I don't stereotype military people as there are all sorts of different types in the military.

My gripe is how many people in our country say how in debt we are to our soldiers. The amount of military love out there is pretty ridiculous. When you are in the military, you are compensated. In fact, you are compensated fairly well. Many people enter the military for the compensation. We, as taxpayers, are paying for this. Our nation has one of the biggest military expenditures. We pay a lot for this. So no, I am not in debt to soldiers. No, I don't have to show a soldier any more respect than I'd show any other worker.

I just can't get behind the people that act like we should be sucking the dick of everyone who ever served. We don't act like this with policemen, firemen, or any other profession that risks their lives for society.

cool story bro

100% agree

This military troops love is a very american thing.

Yes we thank the troops for protecting us etc., but honestly, as a political science phD, it's pretty amusing how people ine the US are blessing their troops when a good part of the conflicts they are involved to aren't even necessary to begin with..

This thread is getting off the main subject...

95866c8fe4c8c91a3cd5ddb078f7ce9a.jpg

That Crossfit boi, tell you what, that shit works!

That's it. I've figured it all out. Crossfit is primarily for women who want dat big booty.

What the fuck.
http://www.cdn.sherdog.net/forums/sd_miscimages/icons/icon9.gif
I have seen a few douchebag sherdog posters, you might be among them.

lol join the club of mid life crisis dudes who can't handle criticism.
You and ironwolf definitely make a cute couple

Eric
Excuse me?
So you mean to tell me there are no douches in the military?
What I was trying to say is, yes I have met crossfitters that are douchey, but are they douchey because of crossfit? I would say I would have been douchey no matter what.
Apply that same thought to the military!

I'm with Oblivian. I don't care one way or the other about the troops. I don't even know how that got brought into it. Every serious Crossfitter I've ever met is a douche, women included. It's not just a stereotype but a real thing. They mummify themselves in Reebok and rocktape and then blow each other. Exercise is not an identity, dipshit.
Did some crossfitter piss in your cereal bowl? Tell me about your "serious" crossfitters who are douches. THe ones I know are pretty cool dudes, with normal lives.
And I would venture to say they are in a better position to represent crossfit than your douchey friends (some of them are regional qualified and can lift numbers you cant)

So is most strength training, like olympic lifting. Seems to be you are now just simply bashing on another religion then your own.

cult
a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
b. The followers of such a religion or sect.
2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.
3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.
4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.
a. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.
b. The object of such devotion.
6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.

the trolling is pretty obvious at this point

lol join the club of mid life crisis dudes who can't handle criticism.
You and ironwolf definitely make a cute couple

Eric

What I was trying to say is, yes I have met crossfitters that are douchey, but are they douchey because of crossfit? I would say I would have been douchey no matter what.

Did some crossfitter piss in your cereal bowl? Tell me about your "serious" crossfitters who are douches. THe ones I know are pretty cool dudes, with normal lives.
And I would venture to say they are in a better position to represent crossfit than your douchey friends (some of them are regional qualified and can lift numbers you cant)

I bet you are wrong on your buddies that you think can lift better numbers than him.

I bet you are wrong on your buddies that you think can lift better numbers than him.
My numbers are
sn: 90
cnj:120
clean:140
squat: 200
DL: 220
I compete at 77kg weightclass
All the crossfit regional guys I know lift more than me

Eric

This goes beyond straw man. If you are going to troll, at least do it without blatantly and obviously lying about what I said. Or, perhaps, show me where I said that.

Hint: You will not find it anywhere.

How would I know? I would not and neither would you.

Rushing to judgment and making gross, sweeping generalizations based on ignorance is not a thought, it is the lack of thought.

The estrogen in here is off the fucking charts.

The only reason I came in this thread was to see pics like this. 618 knows whats up.

My numbers are
sn: 90
cnj:120
clean:140
squat: 200
DL: 220
I compete at 77kg weightclass
All the crossfit regional guys I know lift more than me

I would hope they would be lifting more than that if they have achieved this amazing regional status you speak of.

I outsourced my programming too. I hired a trainer to do that shit for me. The trainer i hired was a powerlifter who competes locally and places, because i wanted someone who had a background in strength building.

Here's Infinite Elgintensity bagging on an actual crossfit programming class:
http://www.infiniteelgintensity.net/2014/08/blog-post_35.html

"[crossfit] is the best at maximizing GPP"

How the fuck do you maximize generally?

PUf1yyc.jpg

This is Annie Thorsdottir, Crossfit Champion.

annie.jpg

ANNIET.jpg

Annie-Thorisdottir_2.jpg

Let's not act like all regional guys are putting up great numbers. I just found one with a 420 lbs deadlift and 380 lbs squat (http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/4489) and another with a 420 lbs deadlift and 320 lbs squat (http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/58645). I will say that the numbers have improved drastically over the years. I remember years ago you could find several people in the low 300s on squats and low 400s on deads. You can also watch on youtube the deadlift ladder in the crossfit games and the athletes are hitting PRs at around 440 lbs on deads. That's pretty bad for people that are supposed to represent the cream of the crop of a "sport to find the fittest athlete on earth".

Back