Is Cain cardio really "legendary" ?

I've said several times today and i'll say it again. Cain has great skill, pace and toughness for a heavyweight,not in general. And after round 2 it looked like a typical heavyweight fight. Granted they are the two best heavyweights and only looked ordinary aginst each other. Outside of Cormier or Overeem they'd both just work over other heavyweights with ease.

Lol ask yourself if Carwin, Mir, Nelson, Hunt, Kongo, Mittrione, rothwell could hold that tempo without gassing the 2nd round, and you;'l have your answer.

No not even close to being legondary status yet, he has even been knocked out once not that long ago, A legend is way to much of a strong word to use at this point.

You just read "legendary" and "Cain" and thought that was all you needed to see.

Lol ask yourself if Carwin, Mir, Nelson, Hunt, Kongo, Mittrione, rothwell could hold that tempo without gassing the 2nd round, and you;'l have your answer.

Kongo did more damage to Cain than pretty much any other HW outside of JDS, and if he had better tdd he probably would have won.

Again I'd say watch fights like Nog/Herring 1 or Fedor/Nog 1, some insane output there without gassing.

What I think we have seen is cardio clearly start to decline as HW has increased in size. It was no different back in the day really, the likes of UFC Coleman, Kerr or Erikson could not sustain a high pace for an entire match either when they weighed around 250lbs.

Neither Nog or Fedor or Herring spent 5 rounds pushing forward and going for takedowns. Plus, most of those dudes had almost less 20 pounds than Cain.

Kongo did more damage to Cain than pretty much any other HW outside of JDS, and if he had better tdd he probably would have won.

If Kongo would've followed up on either knockdowns he would've one. For whatever reason he just threw one right hand at a time.

Lols, y'all act like Cain never got hit in the face either. That slows you down considerably.

non stop? lol
his tempo slowed really down

slowing down isn't stopping.

without a doubt. a wrestling match is 7 minutes long, and after a grueling match guys can barely walk. and wrestlers are some of best conditioned athletes in sports. Cain pushed the pace hard for those first two rounds. even the best conditioned athletes cant just sprint forever. The thing is that he can sprint longer and harder than anyone else, which to me puts him in legendary status. Cain turned those 5 minutes into a fast paced wrestling match, which as i said would tire out even high level wrestlers. JDS came in in shape. Cain just trusted he could "sprint" longer

Bolded: This... god, this.
No, not legendary.

Although. If any other HW fighter would've done what Cain did to JDS for rd1-2 they would be gassed as fucked. All the completely failed TD's Cain went for in RD1 would've most likely gassed most HW's and then get their ass kicked by JDS.

Cain was definitely slowing down which is understandable. He might very well have the best cardio/fighting style for cardio in the division though

So he did what no other HW could do... but that doesn't mean he has great (legendary) cardio... got it.

He gassed himself after the second round - all the hype talk from Rogan about this legendary cardio during the later rounds was laughable. JDS actually looked more energized than Cain in the fifth, like he got his second wind.

You knew this fight was going to a decision after the second because Cain lost any power to finish.

Serious question, do you think it's more tiring to get punched or throw punches?

If Kongo would've followed up on either knockdowns he would've one. For whatever reason he just threw one right hand at a time.

Or Cain has great recovery & Kongo is a fish out of water on the ground...

I couldn't even see a ww going for that many td's and trying that hard to finish and yet still not fading out completely.

Cain's cardio is legit

He has good cardio, but an even greater pace for a heavyweight.

Cain looked slow and sloppy starting in the 3rd round. The myth of JDS died last night but the myth of Cain's cardio also took a hit

cain's cardio is amazing. especially when you compare it to jds who was tired after 2 minutes.

It's really fucking good for a 240 pound man but to call it legendary is premature.

I don't know if its legendary, but for a heavyweight to keep that pace was pretty damn awesome.

People keep missing the point. Have you seen anyone go 5 rds who basically tired themselves out? Most fights are exchanges and back and forth but the 1st 3 rds Jds had ZERO offense. For those 3 rds Cain was doing the only attacking.
I also think Chael has the best cardio by far. The pace he set in Anderson 1 was unbelievable, and he never became as sloppy as Cain got.

Yes we have seen people punch themselves out. Shane vs Lesnar, he gassed himself out in one round of beating up Brock.

Back