Is Cain cardio really "legendary" ?

Nope, he got tired much quicker than normal. For his size, his cardio and pace is great. Overall in the UFC, not even top 10.

I do not see any HW pushing that kind of pace for 5 rounds. Cain was being extremely active for 5 rounds without any LnP or wall and stall.

No LnP sure, but there was a healthy portion of wall and stall.

Cain has great cardio. His pace he keeps up is crazy....

His stamina reminded me of Holyfield where he can fight in bursts forever.

without a doubt. a wrestling match is 7 minutes long, and after a grueling match guys can barely walk. and wrestlers are some of best conditioned athletes in sports. Cain pushed the pace hard for those first two rounds. even the best conditioned athletes cant just sprint forever. The thing is that he can sprint longer and harder than anyone else, which to me puts him in legendary status. Cain turned those 5 minutes into a fast paced wrestling match, which as i said would tire out even high level wrestlers. JDS came in in shape. Cain just trusted he could "sprint" longer

No not even close to being legondary status yet, he has even been knocked out once not that long ago, A legend is way to much of a strong word to use at this point.

His cardio got KO'ed?

Here's the distinction:

- It's not unlimited, as you clearly saw him slowing down. Ignore what Rogan says, he has a tendency to get over excited and talk rubbish. I had to mute him last night as I felt he was being a disrespectful d*ck to Dos Santos

- Even though it's not unlimited, it still far exceeds everyone at HW, and possibly lower weights. So by the time Cain is down to 80%, everyone else is at 20%. You can't throw a hard punch or kick if you're exhausted

He was going hard for ten minutes. In the latter rounds he had no snap to his punches and his shots were coming from ten feet away w no set up. He was gassed as fuck. Mad props tho.

What I found strange was he looked in much better shape after 3 rds against Kongo where he took some shots and was hurt multiple times than he did against Jds who really didn't land any significant shots at all.

non stop? lol
his tempo slowed really down

He never stopped though. That's why it's "non-stop". Any more basic reading comprehension deficiencies you need help with?

People get tired doing really hard things, like fighting the best HW in the world besides yourself that just won't give up.

Legendary.

Most WW's can't keep that pace. You're really not putting it in context of the heavyweight division. You have to look at LW and below to see some guys that can keep that pace.

No, not legendary.

Although. If any other HW fighter would've done what Cain did to JDS for rd1-2 they would be gassed as fucked. All the completely failed TD's Cain went for in RD1 would've most likely gassed most HW's and then get their ass kicked by JDS.

Cain was definitely slowing down which is understandable. He might very well have the best cardio/fighting style for cardio in the division though

He gassed himself after the second round - all the hype talk from Rogan about this legendary cardio during the later rounds was laughable. JDS actually looked more energized than Cain in the fifth, like he got his second wind.

You knew this fight was going to a decision after the second because Cain lost any power to finish.

Rounds 4 and 5 were the usual, just awful, slow motion gassy HW action. But he did push through it to get more TD's and pushed a furious pace in the first 2 rnds.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone in his weight class, or even MW/LHW who could hold that non-stop tempo.
There have been five round HW, MW, and LHW fights where the fighters were still active throughout the fight. They may not have pushed the pace by throwing themselves over the place from the get go, but knowing how to pace yourself is also a factor of endurance.

Boetsch for example was doing high amplitude throws and seemed to be getting more active in the third round and in a high-altitude location. Cain already slowed down considerably in the third round. Cormier and Barnett also kept a decent pace throughout the fight. There are probably much better examples out there. So no, his cardio isn't legendary.

Back