Opinion Is anyone patriotic anymore?

Remember wayyyyyy back (3 years ago) when the Republican Party acted like the most patriotic kid on the block.

Then instantly dropped that 70 year charade for a grifter. I remember that

Remember wayyyyyy back (3 years ago) when the Republican Party acted like the most patriotic kid on the block.

Then instantly dropped that 70 year charade for a grifter. I remember that

"Instantly" is an exaggeration. All throughout the GOP primary up to the early days in office, Republicans kept disavowing him. They hated him and wanted someone more like them e.g. Jeb Bush, but the public said nope. Eventually they either accepted that Trump was all they got and went along with it, or they genuinely became happy with him in some regards when he started doing things they liked e.g. deregulation, tax cuts for the rich.

The left sure isn't.

"Instantly" is an exaggeration. All throughout the GOP primary up to the early days in office, Republicans kept disavowing him. They hated him and wanted someone more like them e.g. Jeb Bush, but the public said nope. Eventually they either accepted that Trump was all they got and went along with it, or they genuinely became happy with him in some regards when he started doing things they liked e.g. deregulation, tax cuts for the rich.

They dropped that and every other one of their fake morality tent pole positions rather quickly.

All for a criminal

Patriotism during the 20th Century centered around people feeling a common sense of belonging and pride in being a part of something bigger than themselves. Different pieces of the puzzle were represented by civic virtue, being neighborly, being hopefully for your fellow human beings, and being involved in your community.

Patriotism in the 21st Century evolved into:

The globalists prefer it this way. They found some useful idiots (leftwing wokesters) to claim its racist to be partiotic.

Last edited:
They dropped that and every other one of their fake morality tent pole positions rather quickly.

All for a criminal

What do you want them to do? The public voted for Trump, even though they didn't want them to. He's the president now and they're stuck with him. Constantly denouncing him now would be seen as breaking ranks in their party as well as completely counter-productive. Even if individuals want (and many have) to speak out against Trump, there are internal pressures inherent to the situation. They can't do whatever they want unless they want to suffer serious consequences: cut off and denied resources within their party, as well as be the dire subject of ire from the president. Puts their job at risk for no real gain, it's not like the public is unaware of what kind of person Trump is.

hell yeah

IJNyQ78.png

What do you want them to do? The public voted for Trump, even though they didn't want them to. He's the president now and they're stuck with him. Constantly denouncing him now would be seen as breaking ranks in their party as well as completely counter-productive. Even if individuals want (and many have) to speak out against Trump, there are internal pressures inherent to the situation. They can't do whatever they want unless they want to suffer serious consequences: cut off and denied resources within their party, as well as be the dire subject of ire from the president. Puts their job at risk for no real gain, it's not like the public is unaware of what kind of person Trump is.

The public dropped all there fake morality as well. I don’t know what you’re trying to explain to me here.

There's nothing wrong with patriotism and loving your country, despite it's flaws.

The public dropped all there fake morality as well. I don’t know what you’re trying to explain to me here.

There's a phenomenon (fundamental attribution error) studied in psychology which shows that people 1. overestimate dispositional factors, and 2. underestimate situational factors in the behaviour of others. This also comes into play with publicity. Studies show people incorrectly perceive that a celebrity reading a promotional messages likes the brand they're promoting, and completely disregard the celebrity is being paid - even though they consciously know that they are. In studies where someone is forced to read a text promoting a position they don't agree with, participants perceive that the person reading the text agrees with what they're reading - even though they've been told the person is forced to read the text.

You interpret that GOP's members lack of speaking out as implicit approval of Trump's behaviour based on no evidence at all, while disregarding all the factors inside the situation that are preventing and heavily discouraging them from speaking out.

There's a phenomenon (fundamental attribution error) studied in psychology which shows that people 1. overestimate dispositional factors, and 2. underestimate situational factors in the behaviour of others. This also comes into play with publicity. Studies show people incorrectly perceive that a celebrity reading a promotional messages likes the brand they're promoting, and completely disregard the celebrity is being paid - even though they consciously know that they are. In studies where someone is forced to read a text promoting a position they don't agree with, participants perceive that the person reading the text agrees with what they're reading - even though they've been told the person is forced to read the text.

You interpret that GOP's members lack of speaking out as implicit approval of Trump's behaviour based on no evidence at all, while disregarding all the factors inside the situation that are preventing and heavily discouraging them from speaking out.

No, I’ve always known the gop and their voters were as phony as a 3 dollar bill. They finally just took the mask off.

I pretty much only see white people displaying flags and all that corny shit.

"ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." does not apply to today's generation

0 likes.

hell yeah

IJNyQ78.png

If WW3 broke out there is a 0% chance I would fight in it. Why would I want to go die in the elites war machine? To go expend my life as fodder in the military industrial complex and kill my fellow man?

No thanks. I would draft dodge. I have no problems with fighting for my life in a post war anarchy situation, but I rather live to rebuild than be a part of the destruction. Imaginary lines of division be damned, I wouldnt fight for my country.

I know that the more you learn about the system the less happy you will be if you let it get to you. I'm addicted to knowing how we are manipulated, but I try not to become too negative.

How do you not get passionate about it though? I try to put it out and vent a little.. To mix a little of it into the public discourse to counter the narrative of propaganda we are constantly fed.
it's not a sexy answer, but the reality is we have to train our minds

I would recommend taking maybe 5 or 10% of the mental energy you find yourself describing as addicted and train that fraction to rely on a content state of mind..

Overtime a balance will develop.. fires that seem inextinguishable will die down.

The biggest heist for my money in our societies is the idea of being an individual with a story, a history.. it's all bullshit, toys for grownups

Back