Opinion Is anyone patriotic anymore?

while over all its a pretty friendly place, I live in Winnipeg, Im well accustomed to unfriendly "locals".... this is my last winter here no doubt...
F*$k the bluebombers

Ya I’m extremely patriotic. I love Canada so much. The balance of freedom, diversity, safety, opportunity and quality of life the institutions provide me is basically unmatched in the world and history of the world outside of other modern day western countries and only maybe 1 or 2 other at the same level. I like those things a lot so I really really appreciate the singular thing that allows for all of them.

To answer the question of the TS, yes. And I’m one of them.

Damn..@Viva FINALLY got banned. I had a feeling Trumps acquittal was going to push him over the edge.

Anyways, I'm very patriotic and I love my country. There has been an attempt by the progressives to reject patriotism and rebrand it as racism and xenophobia, but those douche bags are losing their culture revolution. I love my country and at the same time acknowledge that it's not perfect and some things should certainly change.

With our prime minister saying my country doesnt have a culture- that is to say that we dont share beliefs and values, and the proliferation of division amongst our ranks..

What does it mean to be patriotic? Identity politics have split us, we share no culture or values, big business interests and the few govern us.. what exactly am I proud of or supporting?

I am at the point I do not want to stand for an anthem tbh. I was born into an arbitrary set of lines on a globe that mean and stand for nothing. Why do I want to stand for a song to glorify a set of lines? A set of lines that have passed the reigns of society over to faceless greedy corporations?

Are you patriotic? If so, why? It seems so cuck to me in 2020.

Globalists have done every single thing to undermine national identity so what exactly do I have allegiance to?

Nope. Nationalism is dumb and dangerous and shouldn't be encouraged. Everyone should care for people and not care where they come from

That whole white guilt thing is a bunch of bullshit. Countries throughout history have done both great and horrible things, but we're in 2020 now we gotta move forward. As far as patriotism goes I think people still are. We saw it here in the US when 9/11 happened and I'm sure if something similar happened in Canada then Canadians would be dropping some freedom too.

You're Caucasian right lol?

A snow flake will not stand for his home country's anthem. I am sure he will continue stuffing his face with doughnuts and twinkies though. Nom nom nom

Snow flake also elaborates on how he is accountable for paying taxes.

Remember when anyone was a piece of shit for not being "patriotic"? oh how the tables have turned...

Lots of fake patriotism: people think if they put a flag on their pickup but support Trump literally raw dogging the constitution their (*they're) patriots.

Meanwhile a person like myself who sees the constitution as being above any political party is called unpatriotic because I don’t have a flag on my truck and don’t wear an American flag shirt on the 4th of July

You mention the president and equate supporting him and in turn supporting the "literal raw dogging of the constitution" to being unpatriotic... Do you remember the "patriot act"?

Sounds like you're trying to appeal to one of the lowest common denominators, don't worry what someone thinks about you if they are worried whether or not you have a flag or certain shirt. Gatta break that cycle...

Ya I’m extremely patriotic. I love Canada so much. The balance of freedom, diversity, safety, opportunity and quality of life the institutions provide me is basically unmatched in the world and history of the world outside of other modern day western countries and only maybe 1 or 2 other at the same level. I like those things a lot so I really really appreciate the singular thing that allows for all of them.

Where is this Canada that you speak of? I hope you were just being sarcastic.

Balance of freedom?

Don Cherry lost his job because he didn't toe the Liberal line and PM blackface still has his job.
Our Media and schools are controlled by Liberals so that means they can sway public opinion. Internet forums, comments sections and other forms of social media are the new town halls where society gathers to discuss issues.

There is no free speech what so ever in Canada.

Balance of diversity?

Liberals are using immigrants for votes and lied about election reforms. The Liberals are actively destroying the West
There's white flight because Canadians don't want to live in another country. People not speaking English is a problem and we basically don't have an official language anymore. Even the Natives are bailing out.

https://vancouversun.com/opinion/co...boriginals-and-whites-leaving-metro-vancouver

A net total of 9,345 whites and 460 Indigenous people left Metro for other parts of the province in the one-year period ending July, 2016, according to newly released Statistics Canada data.

Two other demographic groups that are tending to say goodbye to Metro Vancouver are those who are born in Canada and those between ages 55 and 65.

It’s been more than two decades since Metro Vancouver has experienced so many residents depart for other regions of the province, according to data provided by Patrick Charbonneau, a senior analyst at Statistics Canada.

Out-migration trends similar to Metro Vancouver have also occurred in Toronto and Montreal. In all three cities, said Charbonneau, “there were more non-visible minorities (i.e. whites) leaving those regions for elsewhere in the province than the opposite.”

Related
Douglas Todd: ‘Visible minority’ now a meaningless term in Vancouver, Toronto
Reducing immigration to protect culture not seen as ‘racist’ by most: Poll

While Metro Vancouver is generally losing people to the rest of B.C., Statistics Canada reports that Victoria and Kelowna have become the only cities in Canada that are growing because of inter-provincial migration.

Meanwhile, people of colour (which StatsCan refer to as “visible minorities”), are generally not moving out of Metro Vancouver to other parts of the province. They are, however, arriving in the city in large numbers through immigration.

Several reasons are being offered for the exodus of whites, aboriginals and older people from Metro Vancouver.
Some mayors say Metro Vancouver residents are seeking lower-cost housing outside the city. Others point to how retirement-age homeowners are cashing out on Metro Vancouver dwellings that have skyrocketed in price. And scholars point to demographic trends in which people of the same ethnicity often choose to live among each other.
“Across the Western world, white majorities, especially those with children, have a tendency to gravitate to neighbourhoods that are both relatively white and have limited ethnic change,” said Eric Kaufmann, a University of London, Birkbeck, professor, who was born in Hong Kong and raised in Vancouver by parents of mixed ethnicity.
“This is true in the U.S., Canada and Britain. In diverse London, England, for instance, around 600,000 more white Britons left the city than entered it in the 2000s,

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/furey-the-rise-of-the-organized-muslim-vote-in-canada

In the months leading up to the election, a group called The Canadian Muslim-Vote (TCMV) was unapologetic in predicting the power the organized Muslim vote could yield over the 2019 federal election results.

“The Canadian Muslim community has the numbers to decide the winners and losers this election, which directly impacts the composition of the government we will have,” TCMV executive director Ali Manek wrote in a press release that went out on October 17 – just days before the election. “Muslim voters have turned out to the Advance Polls over Muslim Vote Weekend and we will be there on election day because we understand that we speak the loudest when we vote.”

Too many Chinese in Canada is starting to influence the way our government acts. We gave a bunch of viruses to China right before the outbreak. China has a lot of influence.

Diversity is killing Canada and its culture. There's never been more division and the hatred for white people is getting out of hand. White people are privileged and they should just stop talking is actually catching on here and getting worse.

Who would be proud of that?

Balance of safety?

We do not have the right to bear arms or to use guns for self defense.

The Liberals want to ban and confiscate semi auto rifles just because. Taking people's property and threatening them with 10 years imprisonment is not freedom. Constantly worrying about a SWAT team kicking your door in is not freedom.
There's shootings every week now and immigrant gangs are constantly growing and expanding. Rather than try to integrate these immigrants we say Canada has no culture so these immigrants integrate into gangsta hip hop culture.

Liberals want to spend billions taking guns from Canadians and imprison them instead of gangs.​

If we defend our selves with guns or any other weapon, the criminal is automatically the victim. If he's a non white immigrant or Native and you're white, it's definitely your fault he's breaking into your house.

Quality of Life is so good in Alberta that people are constantly having their houses and cars broken into.

Last edited:
I thought my grandparents generation were more patriotic, or maybe better said did more to display their patriotism. They lived through or fought in WW2 and I suspect that played a role in their beliefs.

Today I know several people young and old that I would say are patriotic. They tend to not show it as much though.

Where is this Canada that you speak of? I hope you were just being sarcastic.

Balance of freedom?

Don Cherry lost his job because he didn't toe the Liberal line and PM blackface still has his job.
Our Media and schools are controlled by Liberals so that means they can sway public opinion. Internet forums, comments sections and other forms of social media are the new town halls where society gathers to discuss issues.

There is no free speech what so ever in Canada.

Balance of diversity?

Liberals are using immigrants for votes and lied about election reforms. The Liberals are actively destroying the West
There's white flight because Canadians don't want to live in another country. People not speaking English is a problem and we basically don't have an official language anymore. Even the Natives are bailing out.

https://vancouversun.com/opinion/co...boriginals-and-whites-leaving-metro-vancouver

A net total of 9,345 whites and 460 Indigenous people left Metro for other parts of the province in the one-year period ending July, 2016, according to newly released Statistics Canada data.

Two other demographic groups that are tending to say goodbye to Metro Vancouver are those who are born in Canada and those between ages 55 and 65.

It’s been more than two decades since Metro Vancouver has experienced so many residents depart for other regions of the province, according to data provided by Patrick Charbonneau, a senior analyst at Statistics Canada.

Out-migration trends similar to Metro Vancouver have also occurred in Toronto and Montreal. In all three cities, said Charbonneau, “there were more non-visible minorities (i.e. whites) leaving those regions for elsewhere in the province than the opposite.”

Related
Douglas Todd: ‘Visible minority’ now a meaningless term in Vancouver, Toronto
Reducing immigration to protect culture not seen as ‘racist’ by most: Poll

While Metro Vancouver is generally losing people to the rest of B.C., Statistics Canada reports that Victoria and Kelowna have become the only cities in Canada that are growing because of inter-provincial migration.

Meanwhile, people of colour (which StatsCan refer to as “visible minorities”), are generally not moving out of Metro Vancouver to other parts of the province. They are, however, arriving in the city in large numbers through immigration.

Several reasons are being offered for the exodus of whites, aboriginals and older people from Metro Vancouver.
Some mayors say Metro Vancouver residents are seeking lower-cost housing outside the city. Others point to how retirement-age homeowners are cashing out on Metro Vancouver dwellings that have skyrocketed in price. And scholars point to demographic trends in which people of the same ethnicity often choose to live among each other.
“Across the Western world, white majorities, especially those with children, have a tendency to gravitate to neighbourhoods that are both relatively white and have limited ethnic change,” said Eric Kaufmann, a University of London, Birkbeck, professor, who was born in Hong Kong and raised in Vancouver by parents of mixed ethnicity.
“This is true in the U.S., Canada and Britain. In diverse London, England, for instance, around 600,000 more white Britons left the city than entered it in the 2000s,

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/furey-the-rise-of-the-organized-muslim-vote-in-canada

In the months leading up to the election, a group called The Canadian Muslim-Vote (TCMV) was unapologetic in predicting the power the organized Muslim vote could yield over the 2019 federal election results.

“The Canadian Muslim community has the numbers to decide the winners and losers this election, which directly impacts the composition of the government we will have,” TCMV executive director Ali Manek wrote in a press release that went out on October 17 – just days before the election. “Muslim voters have turned out to the Advance Polls over Muslim Vote Weekend and we will be there on election day because we understand that we speak the loudest when we vote.”

Too many Chinese in Canada is starting to influence the way our government acts. We gave a bunch of viruses to China right before the outbreak. China has a lot of influence.

Diversity is killing Canada and its culture. There's never been more division and the hatred for white people is getting out of hand. White people are privileged and they should just stop talking is actually catching on here and getting worse.

Who would be proud of that?

Balance of safety?

We do not have the right to bear arms or to use guns for self defense.

The Liberals want to ban and confiscate semi auto rifles just because. Taking people's property and threatening them with 10 years imprisonment is not freedom. Constantly worrying about a SWAT team kicking your door in is not freedom.
There's shootings every week now and immigrant gangs are constantly growing and expanding. Rather than try to integrate these immigrants we say Canada has no culture so these immigrants integrate into gangsta hip hop culture.

Liberals want to spend billions taking guns from Canadians and imprison them instead of gangs.​

If we defend our selves with guns or any other weapon, the criminal is automatically the victim. If he's a non white immigrant or Native and you're white, it's definitely your fault he's breaking into your house.

Quality of Life is so good in Alberta that people are constantly having their houses and cars broken into.

I’m sorry you feel that way but life is fucking amazing in Canada. your perspective is defining your reality. Let reality define your perspective. What are you comparing it to? Where and when is better and if so how much better? I’ve lived so much of the stuff you’re arguing about. I’ve met don cherry he was a big fan of my uncle who played in the NHL and was a fighter back in the day and he gave a great tribute to him on his radio show and on tv when he died a few years ago so I have deep regard for him on a personal level. I’m a member of the Nfa nra Ofah and I’m a large property owner and hunter and gun enthusiast. I come from immigrants who came to Saskatchewan and Manitoba and Ontario and hacked it out in the woods or on farms eating what they could hunt and catch, building their own houses living entirely off the land. My other half came to Hamilton Ontario and were able to keep their Italian heritage while getting paid and having houses and building wealth. Where all my family came from they’d still be poor and I wouldn’t exist.

So yes I love Canada. Things aren’t perfect but they are a hell of a lot better than anywhere else. We work to make things better but we don’t trash the country that provides us everything we have because of its flaws.

Last edited:
I’ll be forever grateful to this nation for giving me and mine so much and the opportunity to make my dreams come true. For that I’ll always be patriotic

Sucks when the immigrants are more patriotic than the natural born citizens

If you’re a self hating do nothing race baiting type of guy....you’ll probably try to convince those who focus on the positives they’re wrong for doing so.

I’m sorry you feel that way but life is fucking amazing in Canada. your perspective is defining your reality. Let reality define your perspective. What are you comparing it to? Where and when is better and if so how much better? I’ve lived so much of the stuff you’re arguing about. I’ve met don cherry he was a big fan of my uncle who played in the NHL and was a fighter back in the day and he gave a great tribute to him on his radio show and on tv when he died a few years ago so I have deep regard for him on a personal level. I’m a member of the Nfa nra Ofah and I’m a large property owner and hunter and gun enthusiast. I come from immigrants who came to Saskatchewan and Manitoba and Ontario and hacked it out in the woods or on farms eating what they could hunt and catch, building their own houses living entirely off the land. My other half came to Hamilton Ontario and were able to keep their Italian heritage while getting paid and having houses and building wealth. Where all my family came from they’d still be poor and I wouldn’t exist.

So yes I love Canada. Things aren’t perfect but they are a hell of a lot better than anywhere else. We work to make things better but we don’t trash the country that provides us everything we have because of its flaws.

Just because life is amazing in your little bubble doesn't mean it's amazing for everyone else. Is it amazing for those people getting shot by stray bullets and their houses broken into? Is it amazing for all the drug addicts in Canada that will do desperate things for money?

Life in Canada is not free. Our sovereignty has been handed over to the UN and to a lesser degree China. You're living in a souless country. Your only purpose is to work like a slave and buy government approved products.

Life after WW2 in Canada was pretty good. Canada started to turn to shit in the 60s when Pierre Trudeau gained power and then declared Canada was multicultural when it clearly wasn't. This lie is repeated at birth and Canadians are raised to believe in this lie. Now we have the current cluster fuck we're in. Despite having an official language, Liberals boast about all the different languages spoken in Canada, as if that's a good thing. It's normal for the people of a country to not be able to communicate with each other properly.

Speaking of which, your typical "I come from a family of immigrants" (as if that scores you points) is touching but that doesn't stop the Liberals from banning and confiscating guns and taking people's freedom of speech away.

Just because life is amazing in your little bubble doesn't mean it's amazing for everyone else. Is it amazing for those people getting shot by stray bullets and their houses broken into? Is it amazing for all the drug addicts in Canada that will do desperate things for money?

Life in Canada is not free. Our sovereignty has been handed over to the UN and to a lesser degree China. You're living in a souless country. Your only purpose is to work like a slave and buy government approved products.

Life after WW2 in Canada was pretty good. Canada started to turn to shit in the 60s when Pierre Trudeau gained power and then declared Canada was multicultural when it clearly wasn't. This lie is repeated at birth and Canadians are raised to believe in this lie. Now we have the current cluster fuck we're in. Despite having an official language, Liberals boast about all the different languages spoken in Canada, as if that's a good thing. It's normal for the people of a country to not be able to communicate with each other properly.

Speaking of which, your typical "I come from a family of immigrants" (as if that scores you points) is touching but that doesn't stop the Liberals from banning and confiscating guns and taking people's freedom of speech away.

Life in Canada is what you make it. I worked hard to get from where I was to where I am just like my ancestors who came here. I don’t really know how to have a conversation with someone who makes these broad generalizations about my soullessness, says I work like a slave just to buy products. I’m more of an experience kind of guy myself. I agree that the liberals are trying to overreach right now with this stupid gun law, hopefully it won’t go through and if it does hopefully most municipalities will not jump on board. I put my money into opposing it, I’ve signed the petition and iI have spoken to and will continue to speak to my local representatives to oppose it.

I still don’t know where anyone has taken my freedom of speech. The fact we can have this conversation and say whatever we want online is proof enough to me that your argument doesn’t hold up. Go ask people in the Arab world or China if they can say whatever they want. Shoot, even in lots of Europe or Latin America you can’t discuss things like drugs or crime or criticize your government publicly without serious repercussions. Here I can sit in a coffee shop and discuss whatever the fuck I want as loudly as I want, and I’m a big loud mother fucker, and suffer no legal ramifications. I love this country!!!!

Life in Canada is what you make it. I worked hard to get from where I was to where I am just like my ancestors who came here. I don’t really know how to have a conversation with someone who makes these broad generalizations about my soullessness, says I work like a slave just to buy products. I’m more of an experience kind of guy myself. I agree that the liberals are trying to overreach right now with this stupid gun law, hopefully it won’t go through and if it does hopefully most municipalities will not jump on board. I put my money into opposing it, I’ve signed the petition and iI have spoken to and will continue to speak to my local representatives to oppose it.

I still don’t know where anyone has taken my freedom of speech. The fact we can have this conversation and say whatever we want online is proof enough to me that your argument doesn’t hold up. Go ask people in the Arab world or China if they can say whatever they want. Shoot, even in lots of Europe or Latin America you can’t discuss things like drugs or crime or criticize your government publicly without serious repercussions. Here I can sit in a coffee shop and discuss whatever the fuck I want as loudly as I want, and I’m a big loud mother fucker, and suffer no legal ramifications. I love this country!!!!

I said the country is soulless. Saying Canada has no identity is so damaging and trust me there are many more Canadians that feel that same way the TS does.

I meant the UN and Communist regimes like China want slave populations that behave more like robots.

Trying to defy the Liberal agenda in Canada will get you silenced and or fired quick.

I use to think like you.

@S-dot

Forgot to add, I can't ignore the fact that Canada isn't awesome for everyone. We can make it awesome for everyone but we waste money on stupid shit and Liberal thinking shuts down railways and pipelines. Liberal laws create sadness and puts lives at risk.

Last edited:
@S-dot

Forgot to add, I can't ignore the fact that Canada isn't awesome for everyone. We can make it awesome for everyone but we waste money on stupid shit and Liberal thinking shuts down railways and pipelines.

Ya the railway shutdown is ridiculous. The whole native situation in Canada needs to be addressed but whoever does it will be kicking a hornets nest and nobody wants to put the work in and the message out that is necessary.

I disagree that country will ever be awesome for everyone though, I don’t think it’s possible. No matter what you do it’ll help some and hurt others. That’s the reality of everywhere and always, the difference in Canada and the states is if you put the hard work in you can get ahead. Funny thing is I used to think like you, I judged Canada based on the problems it had rather than all of its positives. But as I travelled more, read more, and learned more about the alternatives in the world, and spent more time with older folks who’d fought in or been around for WW2 (and the depression), I changed my opinion and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I’m not telling you to change and love the country, do you, but personally I love this country and always will.

Back