Opinion Is anyone patriotic anymore?

Ya the railway shutdown is ridiculous. The whole native situation in Canada needs to be addressed but whoever does it will be kicking a hornets nest and nobody wants to put the work in and the message out that is necessary.

I disagree that country will ever be awesome for everyone though, I don’t think it’s possible. No matter what you do it’ll help some and hurt others. That’s the reality of everywhere and always, the difference in Canada and the states is if you put the hard work in you can get ahead. Funny thing is I used to think like you, I judged Canada based on the problems it had rather than all of its positives. But as I travelled more, read more, and learned more about the alternatives in the world, and spent more time with older folks who’d fought in or been around for WW2 (and the depression), I changed my opinion and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I’m not telling you to change and love the country, do you, but personally I love this country and always will.

It's incredibly easy to not waste billions confiscating guns. Limiting immigration to protect our culture and directing funds to the right places to improve them is also pretty easy.

The left right division is pretty bad and there's Canadians that don't have any plans on handing in their registered firearms. We know how bad that can get.

We're supposed to stand on guard and protect Canada from tyranny. Canada has become weak and it is ripe for the taking by the UN and China.

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious.

But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly.

But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself.

For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men.

He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist.

A murderer is less to be feared."

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero 42 B.C.

Sounds like the Trudeau family.

Back