Is anyone hurting for cash with the whole Corona thing?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by frye666, Mar 24, 2020.

1. CrimsonFan

CrimsonFan Gold Belt

I'm pretty fucked. Money is dwindling and I have no more coming in. I've been trying to get a job doing something else but nobody Is hiring right now and I'm actually starting to get worried that I might get it.. so staying home is probably for the best. Might have to pay rent late or something I dunno

2. SandisLL

SandisLL Purple Belt

Well, some non working class are affected pretty hard: all that invested too much in tourism business etc, some businessmans that operate in tourism etc are in debts due to business plus now they are without clients.
    I for example know one lady, she recently bought cafee/ pub and now……….:D
    She ofc fired employees, each day they are at work must be paid and tax too, ofc mortgage tax she still will pay, what bank will tell her about her Credit line payments, I don't know.
    Also monthly payments for security alarm system etc stuff.
    ---------------
    I get hit a lot.
    Plus I can't now get unemployment benefits……………..
    -
    If I was just some paid employee and now fired, then I immediately get scheduled for benefits.

Jackie Blue and TheLinguist like this.
  3. Oblivian

Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

My wife's industry and my industry is thriving. My bonus should be large this quarter and she's working overtime.

I know a lot of people this has hit though. Mainly small business owners that are affected. I know people taking a leave of absence as they have no option for childcare. Others are factories that are closed.

Jackie Blue and TheLinguist like this.
  4. SandisLL

SandisLL Purple Belt

Boxers, these that aren't well known and had recently paid training camps & now fights are cancelled, too aren't happy. Sponsors too of course etc.
    ---
    Gyms suffer a lot too.

sweetviolenturg likes this.
  5. Versace

Versace Bezos Belt Double Yellow Card

lucky man

sweetviolenturg likes this.
  6. MeatWagon06

MeatWagon06 It’s Tirami-Fucking-Su Time!! (Maybe)

I’ve been laid off indefinitely (1-2 months) but I have a lot of money saved. I lost a good bit in the market. But with the time off I’ve had plenty of time to play opportunities in the market and have made back my loses. I bought a couple bullion bars yesterday (Gold looking to go up!) So I’d say I’m doing good. Hope everyone else is as well. Lot of opportunities out there right now in the market. If you’re into that.

7. Halge

Halge Silver Belt

I think the vast majority of them will be fine, financially. Not like most people are living hand to mouth, or can't collect unemployment benefits. Chances are companies will rehire as soon as restrictions are lifted, too.

8. Rygu

Rygu R.I.P. Obie Platinum Member

I'm pretty lucky that my company is an essential service. We're getting tons of overtime, I worked 12 hours Mon/Tue and again today. It's all on a computer though so it's rather easy.

A lot of people aren't so lucky and are being laid off or let go altogether. It must be stressful times for them especially the ones with families. There's EI available but apparently it's next to impossible to get a hold of them due to massive traffic. Even when they do get a hold of them who knows how long until any money actually comes. Daycares I don't think are running either so even if someone with young kids is still working, having no daycare would make things complicated.

9. Squintz

Squintz Red Belt

Oh he contacted you too? Damn how many nights this mfer trying to stay at Motel 6 for?

10. Benjamin Burton

Benjamin Burton Brown Belt

Nope still working as normal. I wish my job would close for a couple months. I make a lot but I fucking hate work.

clutchgnp and Zarate like this.
  11. Squintz

Squintz Red Belt

I made an OnlyFans account and I side hustle hand sanitizer on IG.

[​IMG]

MoparOrNoCar and lsa like this.
  12. Killuminatrix

Killuminatrix White Belt

The average americunt has only $500 saved for emergencies. Lol people are going to be fucked, all those people working cash jobs dont get employment insurance.

This will create homeless people and destroy small business owners.

13. Bme26

Bme26 Green Belt

My story is a bit complicated, but financially I’m not struggling. I work for one of the largest “essential businesses” right now. Part of the problem is my wife (just got married 2 weeks ago) and I were staying with the folks until we got our own place. Now that everything is in a tail spin,I don’t know whether to rent an Airbnb, quit my job, etc. I’m basically the only person putting people at risk by going to work. I have a decent savings, but we have no idea how long this could go on for, therefore paying for insurance and living expenses could deplete what I have in a matter of 8 months.

14. syct23

syct23 ...ElipsisBelt...

So basically everyone on sherdog is fine because they have way to much in their savings to worry about and their stocks are fine,

But they know people who have hard times stories to share...

15. CodeBreaker

CodeBreaker What belt?

Same. Working under IT was definitely a good choice

ChallengerDeep likes this.
  16. legkicktko

legkicktko Only the Strong Survive

I am making exactly the same because I am on salary and work from home regardless.

However, is it great for my long-term outlook that my company is taking it in the shorts? No. If this goes over 6 months there are going to be big problems.

17. Oceanmachine

Oceanmachine Blue Belt

Purchasing power parity man. US has high costs despite the dollar being more than most currencies on earth.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    Herwald likes this.
  18. TardStrong

TardStrong Brown Belt

It has not even been 2 weeks yet. Wait until the 8 week mark, people will be hurting then.

Curious to see how fast the gov gets those checks out

19. Holic

Holic I wrote a book!

With no more random outings with the wife or family assistance obligations I've got more cash on hand than I've had in a very very long time.

20. TeTe

TeTe Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

What's your outlook on the housing market now?