Is anyone hurting for cash with the whole Corona thing?

Some of my businesses have been hit pretty hard. Doesn't help that I purchased a travel company last year, which is essentially dead and bleeding money right now.

I'm still very healthy cash wise, so I'll see how this plays out. Might be some good opportunities that arise.
You and me both buddy. Just bought and started a vacation rental in a tourist spot in January. Lol. Luckily my wife and I have good govt jobs so we can pay the mortgage.

Last edited:
No. I don't have a job or an income but I'm spending about 2% of my savings per month.

So I'm fine for about 4 years. I think this should play out way before that.

How do you live off of $6 a month?

I’ve been fortunate so far, and I’m still working. The co-workers that report to menace been temporarily laid off, and a good friend of mine has been laid off as well. My friend is a single mother, so it’s a really stressful and difficult time for her.

edit: no, you are not getting pics of the single mom friend.

I was doing fine but had to start wiping my butt with all my Benjamin’s after the tp ran out.

Just curious. I have not heard much about this aspect at all. Well, aside from rich guys that have taken a beating in the stock market.
I'm cash rich at the moment because I recently sold a home which I paid cash for with a return on investment of 80%. I have family members who are out of work, though. And I do expect my business to lose money until this blows over. But it will not be ruinous to me.

The average americunt has only $500 saved for emergencies. Lol people are going to be fucked, all those people working cash jobs dont get employment insurance.

This will create homeless people and destroy small business owners.
<3>

Just curious. I have not heard much about this aspect at all. Well, aside from rich guys that have taken a beating in the stock market.
Grocery stores and food delivery places are hiring right now if anyone is unemployed. Wal Mart and Pizza Hut are both trying to hire tens of thousands of people right now.

I’m a self employed striking coach. I’m fucked. I had a few Bellator fights and a main card ufc bout scheduled in the coming months and they’re all cancelled. My private clients dropped off. Currently living off of savings. This sucks.

Wow, yeah, trainers now are f**ed.
For example if a gym charge like xx $/ monthly and for extra work scheduled a guy is paying at the beginning of current month too.
Now without fights scheduled they don't have payments for mitt/ pad work, privates 1 vs2 etc etc.
Sparring partners too is not necessity to handle, payments for this 0...………..
0 corner fees too.
Long story.
One club initially intended to use their cutman as attendant, now safety measures, he is stitting at home and watching internet & TV.

I'm friends with the owner of the local boxing club. They're in deep trouble and may end up folding. The lockdown where I live has closed down all fitness clubs & gyms so they have nothing for at least the next 2 weeks. On top of that all scheduled fights are gone, and several of coaches also work as refs and that's gone as well. They're completely zeroed out and bleeding money for the foreseeable future.

I'm friends with the owner of the local boxing club. They're in deep trouble and may end up folding. The lockdown where I live has closed down all fitness clubs & gyms so they have nothing for at least the next 2 weeks. On top of that all scheduled fights are gone, and several of coaches also work as refs and that's gone as well. They're completely zeroed out and bleeding money for the foreseeable future.

A lot of gyms are going to be forced to close down for good because of this unless they're subsidized by a couple-few decent pros who can help out with keeping things operational. But even if that's the case, it's going to be tough because no one in the industry is making money right now & won't be until after the shutdowns are over. It's a damn shame because only the biggest & the best will be left.

I think the vast majority of them will be fine, financially. Not like most people are living hand to mouth, or can't collect unemployment benefits. Chances are companies will rehire as soon as restrictions are lifted, too.

That really depends on the economy they are in. Regardless, there are many people living paycheck to paycheck, with all kinds of debts, kids, medical bills, alimony, etc. they need to pay that they might not be able to if their salary would be reduced to unemployment benefits.

Of course, it's not an immediate death sentence for everyone who is getting laid off, but it's kinda silly to dismiss the whole thing all together.

You and me both buddy. Just bought and started a vacation rental in a tourist spot in January. Lol. Luckily my wife and I have good govt jobs so we can pay the mortgage.

I have a friend that is completely fucked. He rented out a bunch of unfurnished places, furnished them, and then sublet them on AirBNB. He had 30+ places and with AirBnb dead, he has all of these rent payments coming up that he has no idea how to pay.

it's going to be tough because no one in the industry is making money right now & won't be until after the shutdowns are over. It's a damn shame because only the biggest & the best will be left.
Looks like this, yes.
I for example know one european promoter, not a big, he does have some restaurant and gym business too, all this is impacted by this virus crisis.
Another prom does have shares in some clubs/ pubs. Again all this is impacted ….....
------
etc etc.

The lockdown where I live has closed down all fitness clubs & gyms so they have nothing for at least the next 2 weeks. On top of that all scheduled fights are gone, and several of coaches also work as refs and that's gone as well.
Yeah, in europe plenty of countries does have the same.
Ofc already before lockdown 1-2 weeks client flow started to drop cos fear from viruses. :(
With new safety measures ……………………………. most of gyms does have closed doors for safety reasons.

Wife and I have both been informed by our employers that we can work from home for as long as it takes until the dust to settles. My wife has already been working from home once a week before this. We feel pretty fortunate that this outbreak will have no negative financial impact for us.

Grocery stores and food delivery places are hiring right now if anyone is unemployed. Wal Mart and Pizza Hut are both trying to hire tens of thousands of people right now.

I'm not sure working for minimum wage, whilst dramatically increasing your exposure and risk of getting Corona is a particulalry good deal...

Also, I didn't realize Pizzahut was still in business

Back