Is anyone actually surprised that Lawler got KO'd by Woodley?

Lawler was never the most technical or skilled fighter. No fucking shit, no one is arguing that. But he is one of the only REAL fighters.

Just stop...

They're all real fighters. If you think you have to get hit so much that you bleed, and people can see your skull, then I guess that makes Lawler a "real fighter". LOL.

Just Bleed!!!!

I wasn't shocked AT ALL. In fact it was one our of two most likely outcomes.

Lawler was never the most technical or skilled fighter. No fucking shit, no one is arguing that. But he is one of the only REAL fighters. Only a real fan can appreciate that. He's been bringing it for decades and is an absolute savage. His career turn around was probably the best of all time. More balls and heart than everyone of you Sherdoggers combined. He shows absolute respect to all of his opponents, talks no shit, and just comes to fight every fucking time. Show respect where it's due.

Ignorant as hell. Did you just start watching MMA tonight? Sherdog is such a joke on fight nights. New fans come in and type garbage like your post. The other fighters aren't "real".... lmfao. You're not very intelligent.

Honestly I'm not surprized after the Condit fight I thought to myself.
How many wars/brawls can he engage until he get's his lights shut out?
I realize that punch from Woodley would've KO'd anyone but relying on your chin and a aggressive style is playing with dynamite.
His style is just not ment to be for a long time reigning champion.
I mean Robbie's lip was hanging off of his face last year...
I just hope Robbie's chin isn't cracked and hopefully he can come back.

It's easy to say now that it's over but plenty of people here seemed to think Woodley would win. Lawler has had a great career but he's taken a shit ton of punishment and it will catch up to you. In fairness to Woodley that shot finishes any version of Robbie.

It's like people don't understand the concept of wear n' tear until it actually happens.

"Lawler's chin is great, he didn't get knocked out in 5 round wars against Condit, Rory, and Hendricks"... well think about that for a second... how close do you think he'd be to turning into fine china after 15 rounds with the deadliest welterweights on the planet?

fucking goons here.

Ignorant as hell. Did you just start watching MMA tonight? Sherdog is such a joke on fight nights. New fans come in and type garbage like your post. The other fighters aren't "real".... lmfao. You're not very intelligent.

You're a fucking clown. Stop acting like you have any interest in MMA as a whole.

Just stop...

They're all real fighters. If you think you have to get hit so much that you bleed, and people can see your skull, then I guess that makes Lawler a "real fighter". LOL.

Just Bleed!!!!

We all know why you have a yellow card

Nope he is fun to watch but Very much overrated.

You mentioned Maia and I'm saying that if that guy KOs Condit that'd be surprising. You even have a brain, brah?

You completely missed the point of what I was saying. But yes, I'd be VERY surprised if Maia KO'd Carlos, mainly because I don't think that will be his game plan in a million years.

Nope, Woodley can throw bombs. Robbie likes to stand and bang. Someone was gonna get KOed. Woodley landed a huge shot 1st followed by heavy GNP. Picked Woodley to win via KO IN 1st but wouldn't of been mad if Lawler won. Props to Robbie, he comes to fight everytime.

yes and no
Yes because i'm surprised it happened
but no because Woodley had the tools to do this i just didn't think he would .
in saying that I'm glad he got the win as i was hoping he would win as he seems like a nice down to earth guy

You completely missed the point of what I was saying. But yes, I'd be VERY surprised if Maia KO'd Carlos, mainly because I don't think that will be his game plan in a million years.

You said a KO never surprises you but then you just said Maia KOing Condit would surprise you lol.

But anyways I wasn't trying to argue or refute your point all I wanted to say was that Maia KOing Condit would be hella surprising

You're a fucking clown. Stop acting like you have any interest in MMA as a whole.

Yeah the man who's NOT arguing that the pedigree of fighters in the UFC are "fake" is a clown, makes sense. Don't get salty just because I put you in the corner for your uneducated, ignorant, immature "opinion". Get salty because you now know you're an embarrassment.

Well I assumed that Lawler would win, but I knew that Woodley was capable if he was on tonight. He's a guy that really seems to run hot and cold.

Of course, this guy barely beat Kevin Gastelum.

You never know what version of him you'll get but I expected this fight to at least go 2-3 rounds.

Nope, picked Woodley by KO in first from the get go

It made me put both hands on the sofa and say "oh shit" when the first big punch connected but yeah this is coming as the usual seeing champions changing all the time

If Bisping KO'd Miocic stiff in a super fight I wouldn't be shocked anymore. Fuck betting on title fights these days.

Back