Is anyone actually surprised that Lawler got KO'd by Woodley?

The thought of Woodley KOing Lawler crossed my mind this week but I thought Robbie would still pull it off. I haven't watched the fight yet but good for Woodley.

I always thought Woodley had more power than Lawler and a better chin but I didn't expect a KO that early.

not at all.

was lawler the favorite?

tyrone is a killer.

Not surprised. However I think i would have been surprised if it was later in the fight. I was expecting Woodley to fade if it was a war.

Not shocked at all. Kinda expected it. If Lawler survived R 1&2, he would win. He didnt.

didnt expect it to be 1 punch and in the first rd. the first punch ended it. he was done

Not surprised, I thought it was either going down like that or via Robbie 2nd / 3rd TKO.

Thought the latter was more likely but Woodley hits as hard as anyone at WW and his speed early is freaky.

Don't think he'll hold on to the belt long but he did it and he is the champ.

Everyone knew that was Woodley's way of winning, they just thought Robbie would avoid it.

Woodley has one really good weapon and he landed.

It could've gone differently if he missed but he didn't

Lawler has been relying on his chin too much and is a slow starter.

Surprised he got KO in the first yes. However Robbie performed poorly against Condit, i thought he looked shit in that fight and should have lost hes belt then.

If you can't appreciate 5th round Lawler... not sure if you can call yourself a real fan.

A white man can't take the soul out of a brotha.

Nick diaz would of did the same to lawler.

No. It was hard to talk about seriously without his fans talked about violence/ruthlessness (whatever that means) and saying Tyron gases and posted gods of marquardt ko'ing him years ago.

I think a lot of us felt it coming, just because of all the upsets that have been happening lately. Woodley didn't deserve the shot and should have been rusty but Lawler's getting old, has a lot of mileage on him, has gotten a lot of close decision wins, brawling taking a ton of damage. It was only a matter of time.

Back