Is anyone actually surprised that Lawler got KO'd by Woodley?

MachidaNo1Fan

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Even when it happened, I'm really not surprised at all. Complete straight face. Weird. Maybe everyone saw it coming.

It certainly wasn't out of left field. There was a strong possibility that the fight would end that way to anyone looking at it objectively. That won't stop biased fools from whining though.

I picked Robbie to win but no, I am not surprised. Robbie is one of those guys who has been in so many wars that it's hard to believe that he can just continue to eat big shots and not get finished. It happens to everyone.

I knew he could, didn't think he would.

Surprised he did it with what was basically one clean shot. Lawler is a tough guy, his cheek looked nasty at the end.

Hope he doesn't go on a chuck Liddell like decline now :(

Not surprise. Lawler been through many wars

im not surprised so many say after the event they arent surprised

I knew woodleys momma would b on camera!! Id rather see her reaction than his own corner!

I'm very surprised actually. I didn't think I would be, but I am.

TWood has dynamite in both hands.

Woodley vs Thompson & Lawler vs Diaz 2 next.

Not gonna lie i never thought i'd see Lawler go down like a tree from one punch

No... Everyone on the fox panel seems to be winning titles these days.

I can't believe Lawler got caught like that

That's what Woodley can do when he doesn't sit on the outside and just watch people.

Him in that first round is one of the scariest dudes on the planet.

To be completely honest I'm a lawler fan and a Woodley hater. I also think woodly is a limited fighter and some what lousy champ...but that's exactly what I thought would happen.

The fact that Woodley only has a right hand helped him vs a southpaw.

Surprised he got KO in the first yes. However Robbie performed poorly against Condit, i thought he looked shit in that fight and should have lost hes belt then.

I thought he had 2 rounds to do it or he'd get finished in the later rounds.

When the fight actually started though it seemed inevitable Robbie just looked so tentative.

I just figured, one of these days, fighting with his chin would catch up to Lawler.

I will admit that I actually wasn't expecting that at all. I didn't see that coming. I guess I suck :p

This sport is too unpredictable. That's what happens when you have pro athletes in an essentially bare kunckle fight. I don't care how good your 'chin' is or whatever, it isn't going to save you in this sport. I think the skill levels has evened out to a fair degree also.

Back