Is anyone actually surprised that Lawler got KO'd by Woodley?

Big Fan of Lawler. I kinda felt like tonight he was going to get KO'd though.

im not surprised so many say after the event they arent surprised

When you look at both fighter's strengths and weaknesses and previous performances I don't think Woodley via right hand KTFO is too surprising. If Woodley won by flying armbar or something that would be pretty surprising. But he won by what pretty much everyone considers his best punch and specifically that right hand and the power he has is one of the only things people mention when they talk about his strengths. And also, Robbie has been dropped/wobbled in the last few fights and has been taking a lot of damage despite winning.

I thought Lawler would win by virtue of intelligent defense in the first round or two and a technical assault in the later rounds. I think that was probably his gameplan, but the feint caught him off guard, and I think he was also weary of the takedown.

Is anyone surprised that someone goes down from a shotgun blast? No. But I thought Lawler would be able to avoid the shotgun and make Woodley waste his ammo.

nah wasn't surprised, most everyone knew woodley had that first round or two to land the big shot.

and he did.

A KO never surprises me, in MMA ANYONE can get caught. That's why someone like Maia is so bad ass, if he doesn't tap you he just dominates your ass the whole time. Takes serious skill to do that, anyone can throw a hail mary and get lucky (not saying Tyron did).

Why couldn't T-Wood do that to Rory or Marquardt?

I had Woodley by ko in the third. Surprised it happened that quickly

A KO never surprises me, in MMA ANYONE can get caught. That's why someone like Maia is so bad ass, if he doesn't tap you he just dominates your ass the whole time. Takes serious skill to do that, anyone can throw a hail mary and get lucky (not saying Tyron did).

Maia KOing Condit would legit be surprising as hell. Even though Condit also has been in many wars and taken a lot of damage, there's almost no way I see him being KO'd by Maia

Thought Robbie would win but not surprised at all. Crazy sport this is

I've been calling Lawler overrated for what seems like forever now, so no. However, watch out for USADA. That Woodley guy looks a little too jacked.

The only thing that surprised me was how fast he went out. The speed and power of his punch wasn't surprising since he's shown it in his previous fights but I thought for some reason Lawler's chin would hold up a bit better.

Not at all.

Knew that Robbie would eventually get stopped especially by someone as athletic and explosive as Woodley.

Too many wars and hell if Condit was able to knock Lawler down with a jab then Woodley just might finally put the lights out.

I was shocked at first, then remembered how hard Woodley hits.

Nah, he gets hit a lot and has been rocked or dazed by lesser men. I dreaded this fight.

Well to be fair, if Maia can't take you down, he looks like a flopping desperate fish looking for water trying to strike.

I've been calling Lawler overrated for what seems like forever now, so no. However, watch out for USADA. That Woodley guy looks a little too jacked.

Lol overrated? Smh. The stupidity in that comment baffles me. Let's not get carried away now.

Maia KOing Condit would legit be surprising as hell. Even though Condit also has been in many wars and taken a lot of damage, there's almost no way I see him being KO'd by Maia

post-37094-Tom-Cruise-WHAT-gif-Oblivion-I-wDog_zps89khyuh7.gif~c200

I wasn't surprise that he finished Robbie, what did surprise me a bit was that he did it in the first. I thought he was going to wrestle Robbie a bit and would finish him in the later rounds.

Back