Is anyone actually surprised that Lawler got KO'd by Woodley?

I knew he was eventually going to go down. With Tyron's power, it's no surprise that he did when he got caught.

i completely thought lawler would tough it out first two rounds and eat some huge shots but i didnt think he was going down. thought hed turn it up lawler-style later in the fight and possibly stop tyron in championship rounds.

Lol overrated? Smh. The stupidity in that comment baffles me. Let's not get carried away now.
Bro, defending the WW belt 2 times in one of the most stacked divisions in the UFC in absolute wars obviously means you're overrated.

Why couldn't T-Wood do that to Rory or Marquardt?

Because Rory is a superior fighter and did not allow him to close the distance. Instead used great defensive tactics and kicks to control Woodley's distance. Woodley is more of a one trick pony. He either explodes with a blitz of one right hand or he stays on the outside and gets picked apart by a patient striker. Rory would easily beat him again.

Well to be fair, if Maia can't take you down, he looks like a flopping desperate fish looking for water trying to strike.

...and to be fair he's more success then not. Also its waaaay harder trying to do what he does vs swinging away like a god damn street fight, hoping and maybe getting a KO. You don't "maybe" get a sub, or grapple fuck someone. Again, takes serious skill.

Lol overrated? Smh. The stupidity in that comment baffles me. Let's not get carried away now.

He is. Who has he beaten? Rory MacDonald? Wow. Watch out GSP! Your GOAT status is in trouble.

Don't get me wrong, Lawler is good, but he was never that good.

The future threads made on here will surely back me up.

I'm surprised. I thought this would be an easy fight for Lawler. I don't really have much respect for Woodley.

Wouldn't want to take that punch clean. Clip of Frank Trigg talking about the fight before it happened- pretty good insight-

Robbie gets hit alot in all the fights he's fought. I've seen him get hit harder, but I guess it's the placement of the punch, and that one was right on the money. He was just sitting back waiting for the punch it seemed...but I can't say I was surprised or outraged over it...Now we get to see Wonderboy finally get his shot against a guy who seems one dimensional.

post-37094-Tom-Cruise-WHAT-gif-Oblivion-I-wDog_zps89khyuh7.gif~c200

You mentioned Maia and I'm saying that if that guy KOs Condit that'd be surprising. You even have a brain, brah?

uh, yes. i am sure there are a few people who are genuinely surprised.

He is. Who has he beaten? Rory MacDonald? Wow. Watch out GSP! Your GOAT status is in trouble.

Don't get me wrong, Lawler is good, but he was never that good.

The future threads made on here will surely back me up.

Lawler was never the most technical or skilled fighter. No fucking shit, no one is arguing that. But he is one of the only REAL fighters. Only a real fan can appreciate that. He's been bringing it for decades and is an absolute savage. His career turn around was probably the best of all time. More balls and heart than everyone of you Sherdoggers combined. He shows absolute respect to all of his opponents, talks no shit, and just comes to fight every fucking time. Show respect where it's due.

I said in another thread that law lets style is bad for everyone in that division Including himself. The way he fights he going to wreck people and then he's suddenly going to look old. The punishment adds up, I picked lawler, but this is not a shock. I also gave Conner a chance if they fought for that same reason. I hope he's not done, I hope he can get back win some fights and go out on his terms.

Anyone thinking a guy that gets tagged as much as Robbie would be a champion for a long time doesn't understand mma. Anderson Silva in his era wasn't hit at all (except at the Sonnen fight), post-serra GSP also barely took damage, Demetrius doesn't get touched, Dominick plays it defensively, Jones has bleed in one fight in his entire career.

I was surprised, but it was exactly was most people said as far as how Woodley could win. Catch lawler with a big punch and swarm him. Still shocked he actually did it.

I thought it was pretty much common perception that Woodley would take it early or Lawler would take it in the later rounds.

Back