Ironically the thing that initially started the whole Jones DC Beef was Jones...

Maybe it does not fit perfectly into the exact definition of irony, but, it's close. The irony is not that he said he could do it, and then did it.....it's more along the lines of him saying it, and it infuriated Cormier and he made it such an issue....then every Cormier nut hugger added that Cormier will rag doll, and take down at will, and out wrestle, and this, n that......THEN, Jones takes him down in the 1st and multiple times in the 4th...........THAT indeed does make it a bit ironic.

And those who are clinging tenderly to the one Cormier lift n slam? Really? That's it? That's all you got? Kinda feeble.

We need the class of Cormier w the skill of Jones to make a super champion.

And DC took Jones down too.

Even with Jon trying to grab the cage.

Daniel%2BCormier%2BSlams%2BJon%2BJones%2BUFC%2B182.gif

lol at the dude who stands and claps when he gets Bones up

too bad at that point all the slam meant was a moral victory for DC

And Jones never even argued he wouldn't or threw a hissy fit about it
and then when it came time to stop the talk and walk the walk, he outwrestled the "best wrestler in MMA today"

Jones took down Cormier in an MMA setting which is very different.

First Rd takedown was a trip from a kick - clearly would not be a possibility in pure wrestling

All other takedowns in later rds were when had Cormier pressed against the cage - again not something Jones could lean on in pure wrestling.

It is a shame that an athlete like Jones had his wrestling career cut short but I dont think you can read too much into who is the better wrestler.

In MMA, Bones is the better wrestler. I know that is hard to come to grips with considering how many people honestly believed DC was going to ragdoll Jones but it is what it is.

When a hitter goes up to a strike out pitcher and says, "hey, I bet i can hit your 98 mph fastball"....does the the pitcher go all rabid dog? When the corner back tells the receiver, "I'm gonna shut you down", does the receiver go rabid dog? When a basketball player says to another, "I bet I can dunk over you"...does the guy get so insulted that it becomes a lifelong issue? Answer? A big NO!

I think Cormier either saw the initial comment as a way to psyche himself up, or sell tickets, but when one fighter meets another fighter and comments that I think I can take you down....I dont see that as the worst insult and disrespect to start all this BS.
Because if Cormier saw that as the worst insult imaginable, he has a lot more to worry about and needs to see a psychologist.

IT was a nice slam. but it cost DC more in gas than it did to hurt john who popped back up a nano second later.

DC also should have been less worried about getting in his "slam" & knocking Jones out
He was losing & one slam without a follow-up meant zero

In MMA, Bones is the better wrestler. I know that is hard to come to grips with considering how many people honestly believed DC was going to ragdoll Jones but it is what it is.

I mean so how do you beat bones? you cant out strike him, you cant brawl him for a win anyway, he subs BJJ Black Belts, he out wrestles Olympians. and tbbh John's technical striking, and fluidity still need a fair amount of work. when John eventually gets a legit Jab oh my:eek:

He clearly didn't grab the cage and stopped as soon as he realized. If he tried to grab the cage, he would have.

DC didn't take him down 100 out of 100 times or have 100% TDs like he said he would. Not even close.

Well how about TS meet with someone for the first time and say "hey i bet i can beat you up" and see how that goes.

What, its just the truth right.

When a hitter goes up to a strike out pitcher and says, "hey, I bet i can hit your 98 mph fastball"....does the the pitcher go all rabid dog? When the corner back tells the receiver, "I'm gonna shut you down", does the receiver go rabid dog? When a basketball player says to another, "I bet I can dunk over you"...does the guy get so insulted that it becomes a lifelong issue? Answer? A big NO!

I think Cormier either saw the initial comment as a way to psyche himself up, or sell tickets, but when one fighter meets another fighter and comments that I think I can take you down....I dont see that as the worst insult and disrespect to start all this BS.
Because if Cormier saw that as the worst insult imaginable, he has a lot more to worry about and needs to see a psychologist.

Jones said every other fighter kids like that without issues.
Weird DC took it so crazy
Between that & the crying after, he really is very sensitive.
Great fighter & I hope this humbled him
He will either come out of it better or this will destroy him

Lol the only reason he got the TD was because Jon tried for a guillotine. Every other attempt Jones got wrist control, head pressure and fought them off.

Talkin' the talk and walkin' the walk.

Well how about TS meet with someone for the first time and say "hey i bet i can beat you up" and see how that goes.

What, its just the truth right.

Is TS a professional fighter?
You never heard fighters doing that before as a way to jostle back & forth?
You don't think DC overreacted?

I mean so how do you beat bones? you cant out strike him, you cant brawl him for a win anyway, he subs BJJ Black Belts, he out wrestles Olympians. and tbbh John's technical striking, and fluidity still need a fair amount of work. when John eventually gets a legit Jab oh my:eek:

I think Bones loses the same way most great champions eventually lose. For GSP he was TKO'ed by Serra. A. Silva was KO'ed by Weidman. You aren't likely to beat Bones in a decision so you have to finish him

But yea, good luck with that. He is still very young, very strong, and has a great chin.

Lol the only reason he got the TD was because Jon tried for a guillotine. Every other attempt Jones got wrist control, head pressure and fought them off.

Good point
Jones was ahead & still tried finishing the fight
DC was behind & wanted to see if he could slam Jones

Back