Ironically the thing that initially started the whole Jones DC Beef was Jones...

Good point
Jones was ahead & still tried finishing the fight
DC was behind & wanted to see if he could slam Jones

"Down on the score card with 15 seconds left better get a single leg..."

And DC took Jones down too.

Even with Jon trying to grab the cage.

Daniel%2BCormier%2BSlams%2BJon%2BJones%2BUFC%2B182.gif

gvPyKqY.gif

...letting DC know the truth. That he Could actually take him down if he wanted to.

"I bet I could take you down" is what Jones said whey they saw each other for the first time and is what made DC keep a grudge for all this time. And it turned out to be the truth all along.

The reason for the beef was Jones' awkward timing and mindset. You don't walk up to someone and talk shit to them to try to make friends.

Well how about TS meet with someone for the first time and say "hey i bet i can beat you up" and see how that goes.

What, its just the truth right.

If this happened, the TS would be butthurt over these "derogatory comments", hold a grudge against the person that said it, beat up someone that had no chance against him, find the guy who said it, fight him, and then thoroughly get his ass kicked.

If this happened, the TS would be butthurt over these "derogatory comments", hold a grudge against the person that said it, beat up someone that had no chance against him, find the guy who said it, fight him, and then thoroughly get his ass kicked.

& cry after?

The reason for the beef was Jones' awkward timing and mindset. You don't walk up to someone and talk shit to them to try to make friends.

Holy crap, they are fighters not ballet dancers.

If I walked up to Anderson Silva and tell him I can front kick him in the face, the guy would laugh his ass off. You might say "You don't have a chance in hell of doing that, so that's why AS would laugh at your stupid ass".

Well, according to DC, Bones didn't have a chance of taking him down either, so why didn't he just laugh it off instead of being sensitive about it? Unless he knew deep down that Bones really could take him down.

Holy crap, they are fighters not ballet dancers.

That makes it even more stupid for Jones to do. Let me walk up to another fighter and tell him I can kick his ass at the one skill they are best at. Surely we'll be fast friends after that!

If someone told me "Im a better poster then you" I would just laugh, since I know It's not possible.

thank you come again

If I walked up to Anderson Silva and tell him I can front kick him in the face, the guy would laugh his ass off. You might say "You don't have a chance in hell of doing that, so that's why AS would laugh at your stupid ass".

Well, according to DC, Bones didn't have a chance of taking him down either, so why didn't he just laugh it off instead of being sensitive about it? Unless he knew deep down that Bones really could take him down.

That wasn't DC's point for disliking Jones. Of course any wrestler can take down another wrestler under the right circumstances. But who introduces himself by talking shit? Only an awkward guy like Jones. Maybe he can throw DC a t-shirt to make up for it.

Besides which, your analogy is bad. You =/= Jones. Imagine if Rockhold walked up to Anderson and said that. Would Anderson laugh and be his best friend after that?

When a hitter goes up to a strike out pitcher and says, "hey, I bet i can hit your 98 mph fastball"....does the the pitcher go all rabid dog? When the corner back tells the receiver, "I'm gonna shut you down", does the receiver go rabid dog? When a basketball player says to another, "I bet I can dunk over you"...does the guy get so insulted that it becomes a lifelong issue? Answer? A big NO!

I think Cormier either saw the initial comment as a way to psyche himself up, or sell tickets, but when one fighter meets another fighter and comments that I think I can take you down....I dont see that as the worst insult and disrespect to start all this BS.
Because if Cormier saw that as the worst insult imaginable, he has a lot more to worry about and needs to see a psychologist.

DC called Jones a despicable person and the scum of the earth leading up to the fight. That same scum of the earth made DC cry.

I've always thought Cormier had a lot of baby in him ever since I heard this story of how their beef began. He's extremely sensitive. Jones said at the time he thought he and DC might be friends as fellow black fighters in the UFC. Athletes often talk trash to one another like that. It's a combination of machismo and joking around. Instead, DC acted as if Jones had offended the memory of his dead child.

Lol at all the people in this thread who do not know that definition of irony.

You don't walk up to someone and say stuff? Really? Can you give us a list of all the do's and don'ts of the world?

LOL.....my name is Inigo Montoya, you walked up to me and said stuff, prepare to die.

You don't walk up to someone and say stuff? Really? Can you give us a list of all the do's and don'ts of the world?

LOL.....my name is Inigo Montoya, you walked up to me and said stuff, prepare to die.

No, I'd walk up to you and slap you hard across the face. Some people just have that kind of face. Since you're such a kitten we'd be best friends after that, as long as you knew your place and kept your hand in my back pocket as we walked.

If someone told me "Im a better poster then you" I would just laugh, since I know It's not possible.

thank you come again

In the high stakes world of online forum posting, you win...?

You cry when someone posts witty comebacks at your expense on a forum. But DC is supposed to laugh it off when another pro fighter tells him he can beat him at his own game? If someone looked at you hard you'd be wetting your pants.

In the high stakes world of online forum posting, you win...?

You cry when someone posts witty comebacks at your expense on a forum. But DC is supposed to laugh it off when another pro fighter tells him he can beat him at his own game? If someone looked at you hard you'd be wetting your pants.

You're straight up having a discussion in your own mind about me and then responding as if I was there talking lol.

You cry when someone posts witty comebacks at your expense on a forum..

What?

Strange man you are.

Back