Ironically the thing that initially started the whole Jones DC Beef was Jones...

DC called Jones a despicable person and the scum of the earth leading up to the fight. That same scum of the earth made DC cry.

I've always thought Cormier had a lot of baby in him ever since I heard this story of how their beef began. He's extremely sensitive. Jones said at the time he thought he and DC might be friends as fellow black fighters in the UFC. Athletes often talk trash to one another like that. It's a combination of machismo and joking around. Instead, DC acted as if Jones had offended the memory of his dead child.

Some things are out of bounds, and as much as DC did act gotten to, he never would bring up that and you shouldn't either. This is a sports beef between two hyper competitive guys but they know the limits of what to bring up and so should you and everyone else that exists in this society. Why you'd go to that spot is beyond me, but as Cris Carter likes to say, "C'mon man!"

No, because going for a guillotine doesn't mean you stay with it and give up a takedown when you don't have it. Also not many other LHWs would have been able to take Jones down off of that.

Lol you know it's true, DC was in that position a few times and couldn't do anything when Jones got wrist control and head control.

See Jones was looking for a finish even though he was up on the cards.

Compared to DC fighting for a TD with seconds left when he needed a KO.

#unbroken

I hardly count that is a true take down. Jones landed on his knees and stomach, kind of like a flying sprawl. Jones Put DC on his ASS!

Yeah they were 3-1. But DC did get one.

Some things are out of bounds, and as much as DC did act gotten to, he never would bring up that and you shouldn't either. This is a sports beef between two hyper competitive guys but they know the limits of what to bring up and so should you and everyone else that exists in this society. Why you'd go to that spot is beyond me, but as Cris Carter likes to say, "C'mon man!"

Way to miss the point. I was comparing something rather innocuous to something most anyone would find terribly offensive. The level of offense DC took to the take down comment was way out of proportion and more like how I'd imagine someone would feel if you insulted their family or something. Is that better for you?

By the way, DC losing a child is often brought up. There have been whole threads on here about it. It's part of Cormier's narrative. DC talked about it himself when Cummins made his comments about making DC cry. I think anyone would have sympathy for him regarding losing a child.

You're an idiot and have no ideal what racism or racist mean.
Go study up before you use words.

I'm actually speaking for the silent majority. A few people here appreciates me for standing up and speaking out. I'm glad I'm not alone.:wink:

And DC took Jones down too.

Even with Jon trying to grab the cage.

Daniel%2BCormier%2BSlams%2BJon%2BJones%2BUFC%2B182.gif

chambers-pickup.jpg

Lol you know it's true, DC was in that position a few times and couldn't do anything when Jones got wrist control and head control.

See Jones was looking for a finish even though he was up on the cards.

Compared to DC fighting for a TD with seconds left when he needed a KO.

#unbroken

DC took Jones down because he's skilled enough to do so. Jones took DC down several times for the same reason. And neither guy left that fight #broken.

Would have preferred to see Jones going more for a finish actually. Once he realized he could lean on DC and edge the championship rounds he just kind of coasted with the advantage.

Lol at all the people in this thread who do not know that definition of irony.

op is the only one

Whether Jones could or could not take DC down is irrelevant. Saying that to someone you don't even know is just plain rude and arrogant.

If I came up to you and said, "I could beat you senseless," don't you think that would be a douchy thing to do, even though I could?

that's not a good comparison. A takedown is just a small part of what these guys do. He wasn't saying he could whoop DC. This is like a cornerback telling a QB, I bet I could pick you off. Sort of a competitive ribbing. I think DC overreacted to it.

A takedown is just a small part of what these guys do. He wasn't saying he could whoop DC. This is like a cornerback telling a QB, I bet I could pick you off. Sort of a competitive ribbing. I think DC overreacted to it.

This exactly.
I get that Jones comes across as socially awkward but DC comes across as extremely thin-skinned to me.

Way to miss the point. I was comparing something rather innocuous to something most anyone would find terribly offensive. The level of offense DC took to the take down comment was way out of proportion and more like how I'd imagine someone would feel if you insulted their family or something. Is that better for you?

By the way, DC losing a child is often brought up. There have been whole threads on here about it. It's part of Cormier's narrative. DC talked about it himself when Cummins made his comments about making DC cry. I think anyone would have sympathy for him regarding losing a child.

Yeah, I understand that. My point was that DC in NO WAY acted anything like Jones had gone that far. Having a child myself (not sure if you do), the reaction would likely be FAR beyond words and a small scuffle at a presser. I can't even fathom losing a child, and if I did and someone dared insult their memory there's a good chance I'd end up in prison for what would ensue. And I'm guessing DC is wired much the same. Keep in mind I've criticized DC for much of his pre fight actions.

I know the point you were trying to make and the context of it, I just think you could have used a different example, that's all. I guess if it's been previously talked about by him with the Cummins situation that puts it in a little different light, I just think it's pretty shitty to bring it up.

I know the point you were trying to make and the context of it, I just think you could have used a different example, that's all. I guess if it's been previously talked about by him with the Cummins situation that puts it in a little different light, I just think it's pretty shitty to bring it up.

I was using an extreme example to make the point. People on here often don't get it if you're too subtle. That comment Jones made about being able to take him down was apparently at some club when they met. A social setting is exactly where ribbing like that is most apt to occur.

And yes, DC brought up his loss of a child himself after Cummins made the comments about making Cormier cry in wrestling practice. Cormier talked about how he was going through that loss at the time. It's become part of his narrative and is totally understandable. It's a tragedy he's had come back from.

It turned into a hugfest by two butthurt former collegiate wrestlers, and ended in a classless display.

I don't care how dominant Jones is, this going to lead to the UFC holding events in CostCo parking lots. No one cares.

Jones took down Cormier in an MMA setting which is very different.

First Rd takedown was a trip from a kick - clearly would not be a possibility in pure wrestling

All other takedowns in later rds were when had Cormier pressed against the cage - again not something Jones could lean on in pure wrestling.

It is a shame that an athlete like Jones had his wrestling career cut short but I dont think you can read too much into who is the better wrestler.

It's simple really, Jones is the better wrestler when DC doesn't have his special rules to protect him. That's what matters the most, obviously.

The only shame is that DC didn't switch to MMA alot sooner, and thus cut his wrestling "career" short, nobody in their right mind would've prefered DC to be wrestling when he could have been fighting.

And DC took Jones down too.

Even with Jon trying to grab the cage.

Daniel%2BCormier%2BSlams%2BJon%2BJones%2BUFC%2B182.gif

The gif clearly shows that Jones didnt actually grab the cage. He instinctively reached for it like most everyone does. If you have ever trained you know this. He stopped himself form doing it though.

TS, please look up ironic in the dictionary.

Still a takedown.

i was under the assumption for something to be counted as a takedown you have to establish yourself in some recognizable position and not still be included in the scramble.

i was under the assumption for something to be counted as a takedown you have to establish yourself in some recognizable position and not still be included in the scramble.

That's in wrestling. You have to maintain control to earn the points for a takedown. I don't think MMA has any real standard since there are no actual points given for takedowns.

Back