Interesting fact about Cain and Fedor regarding championship activity

I just think it's interesting that Cain has participated in more championship fights.

And how many times did Cain fight the same person in that time period? That is also interesting.

Either I fail to see the intersting fact or the clue in this thread or its just trolling. Given the time and circumstances that is nothing extraordinary or thread worthy. Have a nice day Sir

I just think it's interesting that Cain has participated in more championship fights.

It is interesting in the regard that it illustrates the difference between the mma culture of Pride-era Japan and current UFC. Due to these differences, Fedor participated in a mixture of title fights, grand prixs, and occassional freak show fights, winning them all in dominant fashion(usually totaling 3-4 fights/year). Cain has fought once or so a year since he first dethroned Brock, all being title fights, and gone 4-2 in that stretch.

It's not interesting in the regard that you think it is though; some sort of pseudo-intellectual checkmate that Fedor wasn't a fighting champion. He pretty much epitomized a fighting champion.

By hardly fighting as a champion? lol I don't think so...

Every time he fought, for the belt or otherwise, everyone knew the right to be called the best mixed martial artist on the planet was on the line. Anyone who beat him would naturally have been recognized by media and fans alike as the top fighter. But no one did...until 7 years after he first best Nog.

But if you want to compare Fedor and Cain's win list, to demonstrate that Cain had the better career, go ahead.

In the last 5 years following Cain winning the UFC heavyweight title he has been involved in a total of 5 championship fights.

In the 5 years following Fedor winning the Pride heavyweight title he was involved in only 3 championship fights.

Way to throw useless numbers to try and project a reality that never existed!

Fedor fought 5 times in 2002 alone.
Want more?
Fedor fought 5 times in 2003 also.

That is more fights in two years, than Cain fought in 5 !!!:redface:

You have to compare everything to get the big picture:

Fedor had about 20 more fights than Cain in 9 years. They were all kinds of fights, from top 2 opponents to freak shows and MWs. The number of the latter fights is definitely exaggerated by Rogan/Sherdog.

Fedor has not trained in a real camp by the current MMA standards. While he was very well rounded, he relied a lot on his physical skills - KO power, quickness, cardio, chin.

Cain has not been active if you look at the number of opponents. But he has really fought the top competition, which can lead to rematches if you think about it. Lesnar was the #1 HW fighter when Fedor lost. JDS would have been the #1 HW if it was not for Cain for many years. TRT Bigfoot defeated Fedor in a manner that required a stoppage. Werdum was the #2 fighter, if you exclude JDS and now is #1. Those fighters have been the top of the top UFC could have given him.

Cain relies on pressure which requires him to train like an animal in a camp that has amazing results. His training and style seems to make him injury prone, but it is easy to see why. Cain does not have KO power anywhere like Fedor or a skill to sub someone unexpectedly. His cardio is most likely the result of training because he does not look like the same fighter after injuries.

Fedor is by far more impressive to me as far as MMA record goes. But I do think the Mexican fighter would cause a lot of problems for Fedor at any time and would have won a decision if he was not stopped.

Every time he fought, for the belt or otherwise, everyone knew the right to be called the best mixed martial artist on the planet was on the line. Anyone who beat him would naturally have been recognized by media and fans alike as the top fighter. But no one did...until 7 years after he first best Nog.

We need to humour him, god knows what he'll do if he can't get his attension fix on these forums.

Wow, your signature says it all, you don't know much about MMA.

He'd lose against all you listed except for Cro Cop which would be 50/50.

I love Arlovski but that rematch will go down exactly the same, Werdum rematch would be completely different outcome....Big Ben doesnt beat Fedor lol

Cro Cop would get TKO'd,now Overeem/Fedor could be 50/50 but id say 60/40 in Fedors favor.

You deserve a participation ribbon

Haha I will never let that one down, everything that led up to the Jones/DC fight along with the outcome....And also, DC cant claim any mental edge over anyone at this point.lol

How cute,TS opened wikipedia and noticed that it wasn't written "defended PRIDE HW belt" next to a lot of Fedor matches and opened up this thread.

His signature says all ahahahah

Schilt, June 2002
Herring, 5 months later
Nogueira, 4 months later
Valavicius, 1 month later
Fujita, 2 months later
Goodrich, 2 mo.
Nagata, 4 mo.
Coleman, 4 mo.
Randleman, 2 mo.
Ogawa, 2 mo.
Nog, same day as Ogawa
Nog, 4 mo.
Kohsaka, 4 mo.
CroCop, 4 mo.
Zulu, 4 mo.
(Hand surgery)
Coleman, 10 mo.
Hunt, 2 mo

I guess none of these fights were at a high elevation though, soo...

Cain doesn't need to fight that much tho he probably makes good money but no one like a champion who only defends his belt once a year. Respect to Fedor for fighting his ass off.

TS is the same poster who made a thread about Cain destroying Werdum lol.

Fedor participated in the 2004 GP and stayed active though, if Fedor had lost any fights he would have lost credibility, but he didn't lose his other fights.

Don't look at "championship activity" look at "activity."

Most of Fedor's Fights were with CANS. His best win was CroCop and Nog. That says enough.

Pride rarely held title fights in any division, but no one cared because their champions fought on every other card, instead of every 50th card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back