Interesting fact about Cain and Fedor regarding championship activity

PRIDE hasn't ever cared about their championship much to make every fight involving their champion a title fight. Otherwise Fedor would have defended his title 12 times (hello Anderson and you, GSP).

What does Anderson have to do with that? He fought 3 separate times, while champ, in the weight class above in non-title fights.

So if we're giving Fedor "12" defenses then we need to add 3 more to Anderson's record.

What does Anderson have to do with that? He fought 3 separate times, while champ, in the weight class above in non-title fights.

So if we're giving Fedor "12" defenses then we need to add 3 more to Anderson's record.

Son.

He fought in the upper weight class 3 times. And of course he didn't defend the MW title there. To defend the MW title both guys need to make the MW weight limit.

A big difference between these fights and Fedor's, which were all at HW, where he was the champion.

In the last 5 years following Cain winning the UFC heavyweight title he has been involved in a total of 5 championship fights.

In the 5 years following Fedor winning the Pride heavyweight title he was involved in only 3 championship fights.

In the last 5 years following Cain winning the UFC heavyweight title he has been involved in a total of 6 fights.

In the 5 years following Fedor winning the Pride heavyweight title he was involved in only 17 fights.

In the last 5 years following Cain winning the UFC heavyweight title he has been involved in a total of 5 championship fights.

In the 5 years following Fedor winning the Pride heavyweight title he was involved in only 3 championship fights.

You are 100% correct and that is all that needs to be said. I am sure there are tons of Fedor fanboyz in here arguing tooth and nail but in reality, TS stated facts, deal with it!

You are 100% correct and that is all that needs to be said. I am sure there are tons of Fedor fanboyz in here arguing tooth and nail but in reality, TS stated facts, deal with it!

tumblr_niivao5ElX1taqojco1_400.gif

The guy is the single biggest Fedor hater on the board. 100% of his posts are about Fedor. If anyone didn't know, he is the same guy that used to make endless threads about Brock being the HW GOAT.

All you need to say whenever he makes a shit thread like this one is...

"5-3."

This. I don't think I recall a post of his that wasn't anti-Fedor. He is a dangerously obsessed hater

In the last 5 years following Cain winning the UFC heavyweight title he has been involved in a total of 6 fights.

In the 5 years following Fedor winning the Pride heavyweight title he was involved in only 17 fights.

Way to throw useless numbers to try and project a reality that never existed!

Fedor fought 5 times in 2002 alone.
Want more?
Fedor fought 5 times in 2003 also.

That is more fights in two years, than Cain fought in 5 !!!:redface:

None of those fights were for championships, nor were they during the period I'm analysing.

Too bad that you don't have a point and are getting caught up in a worthless technicality.

My point is obvious in the OP, and is irrefutable if the replies in this thread are anything to go by.

Hater or Expert?

Expert.

Fedor > Cain.

Cain > Fedor regarding championship fight participation.

The guy is the single biggest Fedor hater on the board. 100% of his posts are about Fedor. If anyone didn't know, he is the same guy that used to make endless threads about Brock being the HW GOAT.

All you need to say whenever he makes a shit thread like this one is...

"5-3."

Which is superior to Fedor's record in sanctioned fights.

"3-3".

Yes it is :icon_chee.

And let's all save the Fedor comparisons for when a HW goes 10 years without a loss fighting everyone they put in front of him and completely dominating the toughest division.

That never happened.

13 but who is counting?

(Fedor beat 13 Top 10 HWs)

Not in the 5 year period after winning the Pride HW title.

Mmar3tard.

Grow up kid.

14 of those fights had nothing to do with a title.

PRIDE hasn't ever cared about their championship much to make every fight involving their champion a title fight. Otherwise Fedor would have defended his title 12 times (hello Anderson and you, GSP).

Get that trash excuse out of here.

Get that trash excuse out of here.

Trash? Well, how many times Big Nog defended his title in PRIDE? Zero, despite having 4 fights there before Fedor got title shot. It's a different culture with emphasis on different things. They would happily put a casual fight over title fight too.

Title fights aside, Fedor was far more active of a fighter.

Why would Pride f*ck their champ in the as* by putting them in danger, but not count it as a title defence.

WTF was that sh*t. To me the same category fights with the champ are title fights. I don't give a sh*t what anybody says. It's only fair.

I don't know. If he is fighting another HW in Pride, why wouldn't the title be on the line? Maybe somebody here has the answer. But it doesn't make much sense to me.

Trash? Well, how many times Big Nog defended his title in PRIDE? Zero, despite having 4 fights there before Fedor got title shot. It's a different culture with emphasis on different things. They would happily put a casual fight over title fight too.

I just think it taints Fedor when people say stuff like this.

Back