Insight into Israeli/Jewish mindset?

If one must be born to a Jewish mother to be Jewish, doesn't that contradict if most female ancestors were Europeans?

Technically yes. But Rabbis excuse that for some reason. In addition there were many European converts to Judaism in the Mediterranean like Italy. Id imagine much of the paternal line comes from there as it was only the males who often ventured north and east into Germany, and Eastern Europe. More likely the took German and Slavic wives and converted them rather than take women with them on hundred or thousand mile journeys.

Technically yes. But Rabbis excuse that for some reason. In addition there were many European converts to Judaism in the Mediterranean like Italy. Id imagine much of the paternal line comes from there as it was only the males who often ventured north and east into Germany, and Eastern Europe. More likely the took German and Slavic wives and converted them rather than take women with them on hundred or thousand mile journeys.

It seems like a rather difficult contradiction to resolve. I'd be curious to know the reasoning used there.

If the Rabbis are imbued with the power of Talmudic reasoning, maybe they have figured out a way to do it.

This doesn't show quite what you want it to. mtDNA is mitochondrial DNA, which is purely maternal. What this shows is that the majority of female ancestors were european. This is consistent with the claim that about half of the ashkenaz DNA is of european origin - you just wind up with an ancestor group of middle eastern men and european women. Which is what this article and subsequent ones claim.

Exactly.
These facts are on point.

If one must be born to a Jewish mother to be Jewish, doesn't that contradict if most female ancestors were Europeans?

Let's not forget the paternal link.

Ashkenazi communities were small during the times being questioned, and thus genetically isolated. Ashkenazi do not plot with any european groups from a genetic standpoint.

Let's not forget the paternal link.

Ashkenazi communities were small during the times being questioned, and thus genetically isolated. Ashkenazi do not plot with any european groups from a genetic standpoint.

But it is the maternal link that makes one Jewish according to the current rule set. Unless those rules have changed over time, which is likely.

It seems like a rather difficult contradiction to resolve. I'd be curious to know the reasoning used there.

If the Rabbis are imbued with the power of Talmudic reasoning, maybe they have figured out a way to do it.

The Talmud is full of great philosophy that many can learn from. The movie Yentle comes to mind. I love me some Barbra Streisand. She was a knockout back in the day. Still is actually.

Last edited:
I agree. In addition there was mass conversions of Roman non religious subjects and of pagan Europeans to Judaism. So what I said is true the Ashkenazis are +90% European.

Well whatever the case world Jewry is today smart enough to resist cultural marxism, and multiculturalism. Furthermore genetics are the reason they are so smart.

Can't blame all of them for wanting to convert, when you had all those hunky, strapping Jewish dudes running around.lol

And YES. Statistically Jewish are smarter because of there genetics. It is why they are in science and medicine and make shit loads of money. Nothing wrong with that.

But it is the maternal link that makes one Jewish according to the current rule set. Unless those rules have changed over time, which is likely.

Yes. In that regard. I understand that you are speaking from a religious standpoint.

According to the Law of Return, one qualifies whether it be male or female descent.

Yes. In that regard. I understand that you are speaking from a religious standpoint.

Isn't that also stated in the Talmud? Understandably there is debate over it but it doesn't seem like a religious argument so much as a law argument (which would be derived from but is separate from religious Judaism)

Serious question: how many of you have met more than three Jews in your life?

According to the Law of Return, one qualifies whether it be male or female descent.

That's an interesting point

According to this it was changed in 1970
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Return

Probably for political / demographic reasons, and there being debate as to whether they are considered Jews despite gaining citizenship.

Jews are a complicated people :icon_lol:

Isn't that also stated in the Talmud? Understandably there is debate over it but it doesn't seem like a religious argument so much as a law argument (which would be derived from but is separate from religious Judaism)

Yeah.I believe it states that A Jewish Mother is the Home. My knowledge is based mostly of of genetic research though. But I do understand where you are coming from.

Well whatever the case world Jewry is today smart enough to resist cultural marxism, and multiculturalism. Furthermore genetics are the reason they are so smart.

Who is the one believing in conspiracies now?

Can't blame all of them for wanting to convert, when you had all those hunky, strapping Jewish dudes running around.lol

And YES. Statistically Jewish are smarter because of there genetics. It is why they are in science and medicine and make shit loads of money. Nothing wrong with that.

If they are smart because of their genetics, its because of their european genetics because mizrahi jews arent smarter than arabs.

The fact that is eluding you is that there had to be a Jewish Man to pump the semen.

That doesnt changes absolutely anything i said. Ashkenazis are not a middleeastern ethnic group, not culturally and not genetically.

Mizrahi jews are the closest you get to the original jews and they were forced to adopt the ashkenazi culture.

You are like those guys that think that Jesus was a blue eyed white guy.

That doesnt changes absolutely anything i said. Ashkenazis are not a middleeastern ethnic group, not culturally and not genetically.

Mizrahi jews are the closest you get to the original jews and they were forced to adopt the ashkenazi culture.

You are like those guys that think that Jesus was a blue eyed white guy.

You believe what you want.

I'll believe the truth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back