Insight into Israeli/Jewish mindset?

It requires financial patronage in one form or another. I would also reckon the Jews are a disproportionate amount of researchers in general. But it does not matter. Again, saying you won an award does not mean you are smarter than everyone else because there are other factors in play.

It requires financial patronage in one form or another? So what is your point--that Christians and Buddhists would do as well as the Jews if they had that financial support? Well, as far as I can tell, they do have it. As I already pointed out, researchers are paid regardless of their faith. Anyway, you seem to grant that Jewish researchers produce top level scientific work at a disproportional rate. If you think it's not their intelligence that makes them so effective but something else, fine. Care to identify it?

Who were the great jewish thinkers pre-industrial revolution? Or just prior to, I guess if I have to pick a year, umm maybe 1850? Just out of curiosity.

Benedict Spinoza and Moses Maimonides come to mind. Why do you ask?

Albert Einstein built upon a lot of other people's work. I think he once said how he stood on the shoulders of giants. Also working in a patent office for intellectual property back then was probably better than being in R&D. I get stable pay and probably would get lots of free time to read, which is precisely what I think Einstein was doing.

The point remains that Einstein's finances were nothing special. I see plenty of bureaucrats and librarians who collect steady pay and have idle time. Why don't they revolutionize physics like Einstein did? As for standing on the shoulders of giants, you are confusing him with Isaac Newton. No scientist creates his field of study from scratch, of course, but the knowledge Einstein had of other physicists' work was available to everyone in the field.

I dont really know any ethnic group who takes a board game this seriously, nor whether or not the jews do as a whole. So I dont know how you can use it as an indicator.

If you're implying that non-Jewish chess players don't take the game seriously, I find that very dubious.

It requires financial patronage in one form or another? So what is your point--that Christians and Buddhists would do as well as the Jews if they had that financial support? Well, as far as I can tell, they do have it. As I already pointed out, researchers are paid regardless of their faith. Anyway, you seem to grant that Jewish researchers produce top level scientific work at a disproportional rate. If you think it's not their intelligence that makes them so effective but something else, fine. Care to identify it?

So what gives them this special intelligence? clearly middle eastern folk arent as enlightened (independent of religion) and Israel with more than 80% jews have lower IQ rate than northern european nations.

Is the combination of germanic and middle eastern genes that makes the ashkenazis special? or maybe the fact that they are an elite minority in western nations.

Any group can look super smart as an elite minority, looking at american indians, one would assume India is like a paragon of science and progress.

The missing link?

7821c2b59ca42ab18d9c233e2323d672.jpg

Elite us against the world because Jesus wrong name by the way hung out with them for a while. You do know he has rotated around many different nationalities right. :icon_lol:

This is revelatory.

Jews can apparently post dumb shitty comments online, just like non-Jews.

Thanks for making a thread about it, TS.

Well, I grew up as a classical musician, got into competitive chess, and worked for a while in finance. So to be really stereotypical, I've met a bunch. What's your point?

My post wasn't directed at you, but to people who think Jews are this conglomerate of bankers and wealthy elites who have nefarious plans to control the world. My point in asking that questions was to see if people got their information about Jews from actually interacting with them, or if they just read shit online and go from there.

Jews have lots of differing opinions, views (both political and social) and jobs. Some Jews are wealthy liberals, and lower middle class conservatives (and vice versa). Some Jews are bankers and doctors, but some are school teachers and social workers. There is no Jewish conglomerate. That's my main point.

Any time you teach a people they are the "chosen ones" or the "master race" or what have you, they are pretty much going to end up being straight out bigots who have no conscience. Because at the end of the day, "others" don't matter, so it doesn't matter how badly you fuck them over, because you are "chosen" and they are not.

Any time you teach a people they are the "chosen ones" or the "master race" or what have you, they are pretty much going to end up being straight out bigots who have no conscience. Because at the end of the day, "others" don't matter, so it doesn't matter how badly you fuck them over, because you are "chosen" and they are not.

Hitler did that.

So what gives them this special intelligence?

I don't have the answer to that and would certainly be interested in knowing it. I'm guessing it's cultural but who knows, maybe Yaweh really does favour them. :p

Any group can look super smart as an elite minority, looking at american indians, one would assume India is like a paragon of science and progress.

Do they look smart because they're an elite minority or are they an elite minority because they're smart?

Do they look smart because they're an elite minority or are they an elite minority because they're smart?

There would be many factors. Ethnocentrism would also a big factor.

Benedict Spinoza and Moses Maimonides come to mind. Why do you ask?

The point remains that Einstein's finances were nothing special. I see plenty of bureaucrats and librarians who collect steady pay and have idle time. Why don't they revolutionize physics like Einstein did? As for standing on the shoulders of giants, you are confusing him with Isaac Newton. No scientist creates his field of study from scratch, of course, but the knowledge Einstein had of other physicists' work was available to everyone in the field.

If you're implying that non-Jewish chess players don't take the game seriously, I find that very dubious.

442701398-borat_high_5.gif

Well that settles it then. No need to continue discussion here.

This is revelatory.

Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? You little prick. If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility? Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be? Why, revenge.

The villiany you show me, I will execute, and it shall go hard, but I will better the instruction.

Perhaps one day we will be able to discuss what actually motivated Hitler, without the constraints of "political correctness", given that he wrote the following in Mein Kampf:

He was talking about how he thought before being indoctrinated in germanic antisemitism.

Germans like to portray Hitler as an Austrian, but Austrian Hitler was just a regular dude, it was in Germany where he became "Hitler".

I don't have the answer to that and would certainly be interested in knowing it. I'm guessing it's cultural but who knows, maybe Yaweh really does favour them. :p

Probably.

Probably because of selective migration, and probably because they are ethnocentric group with a culture where worth is based on success.

That doesnt changes the fact that most India is still a largely undeveloped country.

Back