• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Inherited father in law's guns and bows

I think some wood grips would really make it look even better.
It may look better but it may not be as fun to shoot then.

My dad has a Super Blackhawk .44 Mag with the wood grips and even shooting .44 Special my hand feels like ass afterwards.

Awesome, glad you got it back.

Wood grips might make it handle better, those bare back rubber grips don't really do a lot to protect the hand anyways. Some trausch wood grips might fill the hand a bit better.

On the other hand...357 with a 6" barrel shouldn't kick that hard anyways.

It may look better but it may not be as fun to shoot then.

My dad has a Super Blackhawk .44 Mag with the wood grips and even shooting .44 Special my hand feels like ass afterwards.

You can get those rubber hogue mono grips for super blackhawks. I wish they made it for the bus keys though.

Want a sore hand? Shoot my ruger kodiak. That thing is a bitch, it's an awesome animal protection gun but it's not a fun range toy lol.

You can get those rubber hogue mono grips for super blackhawks. I wish they made it for the bus keys though.

Want a sore hand? Shoot my ruger kodiak. That thing is a bitch, it's an awesome animal protection gun but it's not a fun range toy lol.
I'm good. I have a buddy with some hot 10mm rounds I've shot out of a full size Glock. That's good enough for me.

Pse makes nice bows but I can't really tell much about that bow from the picture other than its a pse, should make a nice deer slayer.

I know dick about crossbows other than the guy on the walking dead has one but that in itself makes scoring a crossbow pretty awesome.
Pretty sure that's an old PSE Flash, but I'm not 100% certain. Good solid bow if it is. The crossbow I'm almost 100% positive is a Barnett Ghost 350, another solid bow as well. Both of these bows are a little older and have been replaced with newer models in their line ups. They should still do just fine for whatever his intentions are.

Pretty sure that's an old PSE Flash, but I'm not 100% certain. Good solid bow if it is. The crossbow I'm almost 100% positive is a Barnett Ghost 350, another solid bow as well. Both of these bows are a little older and have been replaced with newer models in their line ups. They should still do just fine for whatever his intentions are.

I don't know the first thing about crossbows other than the guybon the walking dead has one.

In my home state, the only people allowed to hunt with them are disabled people.

You are right on the cross bow, and close on the compound. It says it's a PSE Stingray.

I've only shot the cross bow once. It was scary powerful compared to the compound (obviously). It was like I pulled the trigger and WOOSH the bolt was down there 3/4th the way through the back stop instantly.

You are right on the cross bow, and close on the compound. It says it's a PSE Stingray.

I've only shot the cross bow once. It was scary powerful compared to the compound (obviously). It was like I pulled the trigger and WOOSH the bolt was down there 3/4th the way through the back stop instantly.
Ahh, then it's even older than the Flash. Still a solid bow. I believe the original marketing for it was catered to bow fishers, but it can function everywhere. Your bow probably shoots at around 260 feet per second and your ghost is up to 350 feet per second, so that's quite a difference when it comes to archery. Most modern compound bows can match or come close to what the crossbow is putting out. Anyway, you got a solid score with the bows and guns. I'm sorry for your loss though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back