• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Inherited father in law's guns and bows

I'm a complete noob so I probably didn't use the right terminology.

In IL though you have to have a Firearms Owner Identification Card from the State to even hold a gun.

It costs $11. I also had to update my drivers license address first before I could apply which was $6 =/

wow that fucking sucks.

I'd sell something to make enough money to buy a semi automatic handgun. Revolvers just aren't gonna cut it these days. Even pump shotguns.

vrYFOOI.jpg

Went and got some wax for the bow strings and put that on both the compound and cross bow last night. Think I'm gonna buy a new wrist caliper for the compound bow. The one he had is pretty old and I'n not sure if the clasp is good enough anymore (don't want to really test it and accidentally have a dry fire). Will probably hit the archery fields this weekend. Been reading and watching vids on proper bow usage.

Still waiting for my firearms owner card to be approved by the Illinois State Police :(

If you had a good relationship with your father-in-law, keep the guns. Sentimental value.

But, otherwise, especially if your wife doesn't care for them, trade/sell them.

If you had a good relationship with your father-in-law, keep the guns. Sentimental value.

But, otherwise, especially if your wife doesn't care for them, trade/sell them.

Yeah I'd say it was a good relationship. I helped him a lot when he got sick. I'm not getting rid of em. If I do get bit by the gun enthusiast bug I'll just buy my own semi-automatic and keep these.

Hang on too it for when the zombie apocalypse comes.

I just need a dirt bike now! And a machete, maybe a Bowie knife or something. I have a car from the 60's with a big iron block that should run forever too!

Not by comparison. :p

I have several glocks and a sig sauer 229, my dad has a bunch of 1911s but there's just something about a nice big bore revolver. The ruger Alaskan, kodiak and my super Blackhawk in 454 are just flat out awesome.

They aren't great for every day use but i still really like shooting them.

You won't find a semi-auto that can shoot .500 S&W Mags or the .454 rounds.

Update: Still waiting on my IL firearms owner card =/ Can take up to a month. >_<

So a month later my firearm's owner card in IL was approved.

My IL firearms owners card finally arrived but when I went to get the revolver from the mother in law's house, her brother had already came over and taken it and sold it. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'd like to shoot him in his ass for it.

My IL firearms owners card finally arrived but when I went to get the revolver from the mother in law's house, her brother had already came over and taken it and sold it. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'd like to shoot him in his ass for it.
If it was left for you why did he sell the fucking thing? Kill him. 100% kill him.

If it was left for you why did he sell the fucking thing? Kill him. 100% kill him.

I have no clue. The wife and I were pretty upset about it. He knows nothing about firearms and we think got less than half what it was worth to make it even worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back