Incel - fad or reality?

Yes, although oddly enough the first online incel forum was created by a lesbian who was involuntarily celibate.
That's interesting. I didn't know that. Is it still around?

I like how you see things, but I'm going to disagree with you here. There is a reason most people in Western Society (including this forum), have a mutual view of Asians in America, and it's not just "someone" when it's being pushed from the top and in multiple media outlets. Blacks and Hispanics generally are viewed in Western Society as under-privileged, poor, oppressed, i.e. an "out-group" while Asians are viewed as successful, smart, inspirational, privileged, more in tune with Whites. Because of this, Asians get over-looked or set to a higher standard than the rest in society. They even get the same flack as Whites. I just don't get how people either don't recognize it, or see through it? I think I'm done here, has nothing to do with you, but thanks for your time.
I get that you're done here but this post of yours pretty much contradicts your previous 3 posts. You spent 3 posts complaining about Asians not being treated as the in-group and then in this post, you're saying that they are the in-group but being overlooked because of how awesomely in-group they are.

"Model minority".

This quote from Wikipedia is a very good summary of the issue.

Such a label one-dimensionalizes Asian Americans as having only traits based around stereotypes and no other human qualities, such as vocal leadership, negative emotions (e.g. anger or sadness), sociopolitical activeness, risk taking, ability to learn from mistakes, desire for creative expression, intolerance towards oppression or being overlooked of their acknowledgements and successes. Asian Americans are labeled as model minorities because they have not been as much of a "threat" to the U.S. political establishment as blacks, due to a smaller population and less political advocacy. This label seeks to suppress potential political activism through euphemistic stereotyping

The Phantom of the Opera

Also in general, especially in corporate/IT, old concepts get rehashed with new buzzwords all the time.

I get that you're done here but this post of yours pretty much contradicts your previous 3 posts. You spent 3 posts complaining about Asians not being treated as the in-group and then in this post, you're saying that they are the in-group but being overlooked because of how awesomely in-group they are.

"Model minority".

This quote from Wikipedia is a very good summary of the issue.
I don't know how you get that from my posts, the whole time I've been talking about how the Media and the Consensus portray Asians in America, and the truth of the matter. In the last post I'm describing the portrayal of Asians, not the reality of it, and how you can't or refuse to see the lie coming from the top and or majority of society, but oddly accept the truth or your personal take on it. I'm not complaining about Asians not being treated as the in-group, My entire point of this conversation is that we are living in a false, illusionary society set forth by the people at the top, and everyone for the most part is just going a long for the ride, and the thing is, I'm not a good liar, I can't live in a lie, so I want to bring forth the truth. btw Your wiki page link is more a personal opinion, as oppose to the widely accepted definition of the "model minority" in the West. This is from wikipedia too and the generally accepted term:
A model minority is a demographic group (whether based on ethnicity, race or religion) whose members are perceived to achieve a higher degree of socioeconomic success than the population average. This success is typically measured relatively by income, education, low criminality and high family/marital stability.

It's the majority that counts, not the minority. Do you believe in suppression, and pacification of activists? you know people who chose not to conform to society's standards like MLK, Malcolm X, etc. This is one of MLK's famous quotes
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

The reality of America today, would be a nightmare for him, because now even White people are judged by the color of their skin, and it's coming from the top.

I don't know how you get that from my posts, the whole time I've been talking about how the Media and the Consensus portray Asians in America, and the truth of the matter. In the last post I'm describing the portrayal of Asians, not the reality of it, and how you can't or refuse to see the lie coming from the top and or majority of society, but oddly accept the truth or your personal take on it. I'm not complaining about Asians not being treated as the in-group, My entire point of this conversation is that we are living in a false, illusionary society set forth by the people at the top, and everyone for the most part is just going a long for the ride, and the thing is, I'm not a good liar, I can't live in a lie, so I want to bring forth the truth. btw Your wiki page link is more a personal opinion, as oppose to the widely accepted definition of the "model minority" in the West. This is from wikipedia too and the generally accepted term:
A model minority is a demographic group (whether based on ethnicity, race or religion) whose members are perceived to achieve a higher degree of socioeconomic success than the population average. This success is typically measured relatively by income, education, low criminality and high family/marital stability.

It's the majority that counts, not the minority. Do you believe in suppression, and pacification of activists? you know people who chose not to conform to society's standards like MLK, Malcolm X, etc. This is one of MLK's famous quotes
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

The reality of America today, would be a nightmare for him, because now even White people are judged by the color of their skin, and it's coming from the top.
I completely understand that you're discussing the portrayal of Asians and how that portrayal is limited. Where you're losing me is this part about it coming from the top or from media. It's not. It's coming from the general cross-section of America.

Your definition of "model minority" is accurate but it's only part of the definition. The reason the "model minority" is a negative appellation is because on the front end is the praise for the economic success but on the back end is the diminishment of other characteristics, such as leadership. The entire definition aligns with what you say you're tired of.

The unvarnished truth would be that Asians have people are not smart, not driven, just like everyone else. And that some of them are good athletes, just like everyone else. The consensus or the top or the media or whomever you're attributing this false portrayal have done a very good job of convincing the Asian American population to view themselves that way and they've been only too willing to accept it.

To return to the idea that it's coming from the top...it's not. Just like the stereotypes plaguing black America are not coming from the top. They're coming from the middle of America and from the lower classes who prefer to deal in stereotypes because they have limited exposure to people who are different from them and because they need to diminish others to make themselves feel strong.

Blaming the top completely misses the point. When media puts forward a non-stereotypical version of people, it's not media that starts complaining about it. It's middle America. They complain about a female comic book Thor. A minority Bond. Too many mixed couples on tv. Etc. If media was forcing this negative message, those images would never even be available to criticize.

So direct your anger where it belongs, your neighbors. Who prefer the easily digested stereotype over the possibility that the group is varied. And direct some of it at Asians themselves who have embraced the parts of the stereotypes that they like without realizing that it means they are embracing the rest of it as well. And yes that applies to black people too - whenever they self-congratulate on athletic excellence as a racial thing (as opposed to an individual thing), they are indirectly lending strength to the "physically strong but not mentally strong" trope. One cannot embrace half of a caricature of oneself.

I completely understand that you're discussing the portrayal of Asians and how that portrayal is limited. Where you're losing me is this part about it coming from the top or from media. It's not. It's coming from the general cross-section of America.

Your definition of "model minority" is accurate but it's only part of the definition. The reason the "model minority" is a negative appellation is because on the front end is the praise for the economic success but on the back end is the diminishment of other characteristics, such as leadership. The entire definition aligns with what you say you're tired of.

The unvarnished truth would be that Asians have people are not smart, not driven, just like everyone else. And that some of them are good athletes, just like everyone else. The consensus or the top or the media or whomever you're attributing this false portrayal have done a very good job of convincing the Asian American population to view themselves that way and they've been only too willing to accept it.

To return to the idea that it's coming from the top...it's not. Just like the stereotypes plaguing black America are not coming from the top. They're coming from the middle of America and from the lower classes who prefer to deal in stereotypes because they have limited exposure to people who are different from them and because they need to diminish others to make themselves feel strong.

Blaming the top completely misses the point. When media puts forward a non-stereotypical version of people, it's not media that starts complaining about it. It's middle America. They complain about a female comic book Thor. A minority Bond. Too many mixed couples on tv. Etc. If media was forcing this negative message, those images would never even be available to criticize.

So direct your anger where it belongs, your neighbors. Who prefer the easily digested stereotype over the possibility that the group is varied. And direct some of it at Asians themselves who have embraced the parts of the stereotypes that they like without realizing that it means they are embracing the rest of it as well. And yes that applies to black people too - whenever they self-congratulate on athletic excellence as a racial thing (as opposed to an individual thing), they are indirectly lending strength to the "physically strong but not mentally strong" trope. One cannot embrace half of a caricature of oneself.
I respect you, but you have the same way of thinking like most on here. You blame the people. I don't. It's not their fault that they are idiots. I want to give you my perspective on American society, and you tell me what you think?... but maybe later and not on this thread. See you next time, I'm signing out.

If i told you 'incel' a decade ago you would have probably wondered if i'm autistic or something else, and if perhaps I meant to say intel. The word is new and the old (not in a bad way) world has done without it for thousands of years. How come society and civilizations have thrived without it and I mean even the idea or concept behind the word. We went from monkeys to space exploration without need of such word. Why does it suddenly wildly appear everywhere like pokemon. Is this a fad like bitcoin and fidget spinners that will rapidly melt away like steel beams or is it here to stay?

Also I would like to thank god and the wholy trinity for making this thread happen.
Guys I know who are employed and want to be married, are married (or have been married). So, from where I’m sitting, “incel” is just a made up word some guys use to bitch about the world not constantly throwing no-strings-attached pussy to them as if they were sex gods.

Last edited:
Well... this is what happens when society accepts mental illness lol. In the old world this guy would be strapped to a bed with electrodes all over his 70's face. Today we like to pretend it's not their fault and that with sufficient hand-holding everything will be fine

I hope you don’t develop bipolar disorder in your life but then again I kinda hope you do

I respect you, but you have the same way of thinking like most on here. You blame the people. I don't. It's not their fault that they are idiots. I want to give you my perspective on American society, and you tell me what you think?... but maybe later and not on this thread. See you next time, I'm signing out.
I understand that you are signing out but I still think that this requires a response.

You should blame the people, idiots or not. It's easy to blame the top instead because the "top" is a small group, a centralized node, from which large complex things can originate. It's appealing because it makes for an easy solution. Just change the top or ignore them and the problems disappear.

To acknowledge that the problem lies in "the people" means acknowledging that the scale of the problem is large, nebulous, decentralized and thus more difficult to address. It can be demoralizing to realize that and hence the appeal of blaming the "top".

I hope you don’t develop bipolar disorder in your life but then again I kinda hope you do
And that's your typical liberal kebecois ladies and gents. He wants two mutually exclusive things. Such is their logic

I still don't even know what a incel really means. Is it men that are attractive to women, but never wants to be with a women or some shit?

Fad. There have always been men who miss out in the sexual selection. Most women will be getting with a relatively smaller pool of men.

Consequently the rate of STD’s is higher for females than males. “Incels” should take comfort in the fact they are immune to them.

So by your Math there a ton of women who will end up just as lonely and miserable as these so-called incels since there are more women than men and their pool is already reduced from the start. Once they reach an age where they lose their looks, assuming they had any to begin with, all the desirable men are already taken. Karma?

incels unit. i can only count to 123456789.

thats where i tap out.

I understand that you are signing out but I still think that this requires a response.

You should blame the people, idiots or not. It's easy to blame the top instead because the "top" is a small group, a centralized node, from which large complex things can originate. It's appealing because it makes for an easy solution. Just change the top or ignore them and the problems disappear.

To acknowledge that the problem lies in "the people" means acknowledging that the scale of the problem is large, nebulous, decentralized and thus more difficult to address. It can be demoralizing to realize that and hence the appeal of blaming the "top".
Do you honestly believe that? that it's Asians fault? that they are content on being this way (like the stereotype of them being submissive suggests)? That Blacks fought to where they are today? MLK's dream has never been realized, not even for Black people in the West? you do know that don't you? I acknowledge the problem is colossal, cosmic in scale, but the problem doesn't lie in "the people". It's not difficult to address the issue, it's just that you refuse to see what's in front of you? You underestimate the power of the media? Just about everyone in my life, my family members, my brothers, my friends, strangers I've met, have all had some form of influence from the media, they really believe what they see and hear. There is no two ways about it, they are brainwashed. Do you blame someone that's been hypnotized, or do you blame the hypnotist? If you open your mind? I can show you. I promise you that. But you have to be open-minded in the first place.

I still don't even know what a incel really means. Is it men that are attractive to women, but never wants to be with a women or some shit?

They believe in government-assigned girlfriends. However, being complete retards, they think the government will let them basically pick what hot girls they want

That's interesting. I didn't know that. Is it still around?
No. The forum was started in 1993 by a female Canadian college student named Alana. The site was called "Alana's Involuntary Celibacy Project". It wasn't until the late 90s that the term was shortened to invcel and then finally, incel. At the time, the site included members of all genders and sexual orientations. Alana left the site in 2000, handing it over to a stranger. She now says that she feels "like a scientist who invented something that ended up being a weapon of war."

Back