In what parallel universe do you beat the snot out of someone, then lose the "fight" ?

You salty Silva fans are amusing to say the least.

Go tell Anderson not to stand with his back against the cage for an entire round while letting his opponent tee off on him, then.
what does my point have to do with this? Anderson's fault that Anderson lost, sure. It's still a shame that the knocked out, destroyed dude won the fight for scoring points, isn't it man. I wasn't even originally making this argument but surely it's a fucking shame that this scoring system allows Bisping to win that fight.

Was he really on his way too winning, or are you just riding the narrative?
Robbie needed the finish, he was down on the scorecards going into the 5th.

"Rory MacDonald was literally four minutes away from winning the welterweight title and returning it to Canada, according to the scorecards at last Saturday night's (July 11, 2015) UFC 189 pay-per-view (PPV) event in Las Vegas, Nevada, as all three judges had "Red King" ahead of Robbie Lawler heading into the fifth and final round."

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/7/12/8...recard-had-red-king-winning-title-ufc-189-mma

He was ahead 3-1 on the scorecards.

Amazing how people are trying to reinvent the rules of the sport when it comes to scoring criteria

Scorecards don't exist/are moot unless a fight goes the distance.

Rory was ahead on all those scorecards, but obviously they were all wrong because Rory was losing "the fight", and lost "the fight".

Damage matters most.

Last edited:
Despite the decision, Michael has earned my respect for fighting with the spider as hard as he did with his google eye.

Michael mainly got busted up because of the sucker knee, and the rest of the beatdown came after the cheap knee at which point he was severely diminished.

Sucker knee? The fight was still going, the mouth piece had been out for 15 seconds, how can you possibly say that was a sucker knee?

Anderson needs to smarten up his strategy. It was frustrating watching him fight for only the last 20 seconds of each round. How is he gonna win doing that? He needs to be more aggressive and secure the round with consistent pressure or knock his opponent out. He should have known after the first two rounds that he needed the next 3 or a knockout. He should've opened up more.

Pretty ironic that round scoring under the 10 point must system both saved and ruined the sport.

I look at it like 3 or 5, 5 minute individual fights. You can get dominated in one fight and then come back and win the other fight by a slim margin etc.

Personally I would like a fight to be one round and it goes until someone wins. But i'm old school.

So Bisping should get punished for Anderson's ability to not get cut or bruise easily?

Oooo wow. Anderson went down slowly and maintained eye contact the whole time. That's on par with Bisping being straight up KO'd on the canvas at the end of the 3rd.

Most of the facial damage was caused by that one knee.

I had Bisping winning the fight. Still can't believe Anderson was wobbled in the first and dropped in the second by Bisping. Micheal Bisping who turns 37 tomorrow and is notorious for having pillow fist, hurt Silva on multiple occasions. Still trying to process that.

Robbie needed the finish, he was down on the scorecards going into the 5th. If that's the fight you guys are talking about.

"Rory MacDonald was literally four minutes away from winning the welterweight title and returning it to Canada, according to the scorecards at last Saturday night's (July 11, 2015) UFC 189 pay-per-view (PPV) event in Las Vegas, Nevada, as all three judges had "Red King" ahead of Robbie Lawler heading into the fifth and final round."

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/7/12/8...recard-had-red-king-winning-title-ufc-189-mma

That's exactly the definition of a "narrative". Thanks.

In the universe where you screw around for nearly 3 rounds and lose a decision. Anderson is clearly the better fighter and did more damage, but Bisping won on points cause he fought smarter and with more effort

Bisping lands clean shots on a lot of guys. He doesn't cut anyone because of the way he throws his shit.
Outside of Cung Le, I can't remember Bisping ever cutting anyone.

Even without taking the superficial damage into consideration, it seemed fairly obvious to me that Anderson won the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds.

But if you're going to beat Bisping in Britain you'd better win 6 out of 5 rounds.

That's exactly the definition of a "narrative". Thanks.
You implied the guy was going with a narrative, rather than the facts.

Was he really on his way too winning, or are you just riding the narrative?

Then you replied to him that going by the scorecards aren't how things actually work and that Rory was losing the fight because damage matters the most. You're an idiot. Yes, Rory was really on his way to winning. Being up on the cards 3 rounds to 1 means you are winning. Not damage.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back