In what parallel universe do you beat the snot out of someone, then lose the "fight" ?

I was fine with the Bisping decision. Silva has questionable fight IQ at times. Bisping was completely spent after round three and Silva should have pounced on him come round four. Instead he danced around and Bisping was able to recover. A ridiculous strategy on Silva's part.

Silva doesn't have alligator skin. if Bisping landed that knee, Silva would have a brute cut in his face too.
Show me three fights where Silva was significantly marked up. Silva doesn't show damage easy.

Scorecards don't exist/are moot unless a fight goes the distance.

Rory was ahead on all those scorecards, but obviously they were all wrong because Rory was losing "the fight", and lost "the fight".

Damage matters most.
Ah, sorry, the latter half of that post was to this thread and the Bisping/Silva fight. My bad for not making that clear

In the universe where you screw around for nearly 3 rounds and lose a decision. Anderson is clearly the better fighter and did more damage, but Bisping won on points cause he fought smarter and with more effort

Why do you think Anderson Silva proved himself to be the better fighter? The shot which changed the entire fight is the knee, which was landed when Bisping wasn't fighting. So it wasn't Bisping's physical fighting skills which caused that to happen. There is no way of telling from this fight who is better because Bisping was not at his best for the final two rounds. If Michael had been fighting when the knee landed then you would be correct in your statement.

What you can say is that Anderson appears to have more fight IQ lol.

Based on their entire careers Silva has already proven himself to be better than Bisping overall (even if Bisping beats him, Anderson can beat more guys than he can). But this fight did not prove anything like that.

Show me three fights where Silva was significantly marked up. Silva doesn't show damage easy.
my point was: if bisping landed that knee, silva would get a cut and bleed too. Bisping looked destroyed because he was, not because he bleeds easy and Silva doesn't. he didn't land what silva landed.

Yup, this was a horrible decision, smfh, no way in hell Bisping won that fight.

th

?? You implied the guy was going with a narrative, rather than the facts. You don't know what you are talking about. Then you replied to him that going by the scorecards aren't how things actually work! You're an idiot.

Those aren't facts. Judges scorecards are subjective scoring media, the complete opposite of fact/s.

The fact that we absolutely know is that Robbie was winning that fight because he was dishing out GREATER DAMAGE than Rory (crazy how they don't score that, huh?). Damage nullifies scoring - all those scorecards were wrong; maybe not for "unified bullshit" but for actual fighting, and the result of the fight reflected that.

I watch for fights, not a pretend "sports" narrative that exists soley for marketing purposes.

lolque

How can you even make an argument for the 4th? If anything, that was the round that Anderson most clearly lost due to his antics.

I can make the argument by appealing to reality and not being English.

If Bisping went to the hospital then your post might have a small amount of credibilty.
Bisping was fine afterwards.
He was upbeat and talked eloquently at the presser.
You must be new to MMA if you think facial damage equals win/loss.

Officially - "Officially", the devastating knee should not eve be scored for Silva.

Dean was obliging Bisping's request for his mouth piece and said, "stop fighting".

Of course the dumbass was still 10' away.

Said it in another thread - when it looked like Bisping would last the 5th, that whoever lost it would be their own fault.

Bisping for letting his guard down at the end of the 3rd. And Silva for too much inactivity.

Whoever lost it on the cards was going to deserve it. Silva deserved to lose.

Those aren't facts. Judges scorecards are subjective scoring media, the complete opposite of fact/s.

The fact that we absolutely know is that Robbie was winning that fight because he was dishing out GREATER DAMAGE than Rory (crazy how they don't score that, huh?). Damage nullifies scoring - all those scorecards were wrong; maybe not for "unified bullshit" but for actual fighting, and the result of the fight reflected that.

I watch for fights, not a pretend "sports" narrative that exists soley for marketing purposes.
There is no such thing as winning by damage, you win by rounds or a stoppage. And by the only objective measurement, Rory being up 3 rounds to 1 going into the final round, Rory was winning the fight.

Just because you have been following MMA for a long time and still refuse to accept or understand the scoring system doesn't change the facts. And you are the one asking someone else if they are riding a narrative? You are the one using your own scoring system.

At the end of the day anderson literally KO'd bisping. If you KO a fighter and they are saved by the bell, thats at least a 10-7 round.

Back