In the likely event Topuria knocks Max Holloway cold out...

AldoStillGoat

Master of Science in Shookology
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Like he did to Volk (If Max decides to throw hard), how many title defenses would he need before you would call him FW GOAT?

What if he wins the LW title from Islam too after that? Would that strengthen his claim as heir to the GOAT throne of FW?

I can see him knocking out Max and Islam.

Would knockouts make him more of a GOAT in your eyes if he's shutting everyone's lights out and not just beating them via decisions?

Last edited:
If he beats both Volk and Max by KO then he's already better than Aldo ever was tbh.

Not if he gets a sub or a decision though. Those don't count.

As immaculate a career as I've witnessed, he seems special, only time will tell.

Honestly be needs 4 before he's even breathed into the conversation. He needs 7 before he's in serious conversation.

Like he did to Volk (If Max decides to throw hard), how many title defenses would he need before you would call him FW GOAT?

What if he wins the LW title from Islam too after that? Would that strengthen his claim as heir to the GOAT throne of FW?

Would knockouts make him more of a GOAT in your eyes if he's shutting everyone's lights out and not just beating them via decisions?
KO only hold as much value as so they happen against. A lot of times. If you KO a bum you don't get any credit. They truth is in title fights most fighter fight tight as hell. They rather get criticized and win the title then be praised in a losing contest.

When you're the champ DEFENSES mean a lot. At least too me.

I believe we need to equalize Topuria, regardless of how he does against Max.

Two simple questions:

#1 Could you see Top moving up to 155 and giving Islam the toughest fight of his career?
Volk did in the first.

#2 Could you see Top moving up to 155, surviving 5 rounds against DP and going 49/46 vs Gaethje before KO'ing him?
Max did.

I'd answer no to both questions.
Ilia could defend successfully, even KO Max (I highly doubt both, though).

But context matters.

Ilia’s impressive but so was Cody up until after Dom & then not so much

He only has 7 ufc fights with wins over guys like Herbert, Hall, Bryce, Josh plus end of prime Volk & maybe Max which are all good but not mind blowing

Fastest way to fw goat convo would be ko Max then at least 3 more dominant/finish defenses preferably vs younger contenders imo like Diego & Movsar and maybe Sterling or Yair

Until then it’s way too soon

If he manages to crack the greatest chin on current mma that his a huge achievement. Big if though, lots of good strikers haven't been able to do that

This is what, thread number 10 about your man crush this week?

Talk about stalker vibes...

1. He probably wilts against Max
2. He has zero chance of beating Islam
3. Why are you talking about potential GOAT status for a guy with zero defences?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sechelariu
Back