In desperate need of a valentine's day date ideas...

I have nothing against haunted houses, but that as valentine's date for a chick out of your league who is expecting to be swept off her feet ranks right above your dick in a box.

Make a nice dinner at your place. Where you guys can chill and spend time together after. If she’s a single mom or a divorcee, then she probably just wants to get away from the kid and get fucked. Don’t overthink this.

Muscle relaxants, red wine, lube, and pizza.

lol @ ever catering to some new broad's Vlaentine's Day requests/demands
are you guys fuckin serious with this shit?!?!
LOL

Thats a lot of pressure for a third date. It sounds more like the third round of interviews for an executive position at Grinder.

I'd taker her bowling and hire a mariachi band to sing to her in the bowling alley.
The game will take the tension away from the high pressure date and the band would be adorable/ hysterical.
Then take her out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again.

I'm back in the game now and it's been fuckin rough trying the online dating. I'm slightly above average looking but not very photogenic and my pics are subpar at best. So naturally, I can't get any replies from women that aren't 80lbs overweight. Even the plain looking thin girls ignore me.

Long story short, I miracously matched with a fellow divorcee on Tinder and she is quite frankly, a league above me. Somehow, I got her to meet me for coffee last night and I put the charm in overdrive. We talked for a couple of hours and I thought it went well. She texted me early this morning wanting to see me again and now we are going to the movies tonite.

I think I'm on my way in fellas.

But, a couple hours ago she also texted me about planning something romantic for Valentine's day.

Her exact words...
"Plan something romantic for Feb 14, I want to see a different side of you... Surprise me."
"I think it would be nice to be with you on Valentine's Day. What do you think?"
"Something simple, but different"

Ok, so I don't want to fuck this up guys. This is the best online dating is ever going to get for me. Lol
Problem is, we both work on Thurs, and traffic is a complete bitch until like 8pm.

I was thinking just dinner on Thurs and then a Haunted House tour on Friday. But the whole "different" and "surprise me" is just setting the bar to high for me. I'm terrible at date planning, and I usually try to set expectations low from the start. But this was unexpected.

How would you play this?

P.S. - Her body is 10x better than what I was expecting before we actually met.

Forget Thursday and just set up the date for Friday.

It's a little late, but try to set up dinner, a show and maybe a hotel room... all walking distance from each other.

Maybe a Comedy Club?
Piano Bar?

I'm back in the game now and it's been fuckin rough trying the online dating. I'm slightly above average looking but not very photogenic and my pics are subpar at best. So naturally, I can't get any replies from women that aren't 80lbs overweight. Even the plain looking thin girls ignore me.

Long story short, I miracously matched with a fellow divorcee on Tinder and she is quite frankly, a league above me. Somehow, I got her to meet me for coffee last night and I put the charm in overdrive. We talked for a couple of hours and I thought it went well. She texted me early this morning wanting to see me again and now we are going to the movies tonite.

I think I'm on my way in fellas.

But, a couple hours ago she also texted me about planning something romantic for Valentine's day.

Her exact words...
"Plan something romantic for Feb 14, I want to see a different side of you... Surprise me."
"I think it would be nice to be with you on Valentine's Day. What do you think?"
"Something simple, but different"

Ok, so I don't want to fuck this up guys. This is the best online dating is ever going to get for me. Lol
Problem is, we both work on Thurs, and traffic is a complete bitch until like 8pm.

I was thinking just dinner on Thurs and then a Haunted House tour on Friday. But the whole "different" and "surprise me" is just setting the bar to high for me. I'm terrible at date planning, and I usually try to set expectations low from the start. But this was unexpected.

How would you play this?

I am being sincere here, so please take my criticism as a reality check rather than insults. The part about you being slightly above average looking but unphotogenic, dude, you are ugly. The faster you accept it the more you will improve your chances with women. My suggestion is take your picture outdoor doing something interesting, holding a pet is really awesome. And my diagnosis with your first encounter with the lady is actually not very good. If she had a really good time with you, she will just let you take the lead rather than making requests. But the fact that she initiated tells me either she is experienced in the game or she like something about you and is giving you another chance.

If a woman I like hit me with a task like this, I would strike back with a questionnaire with a bunch of random questions to gather intel so I can come up with something good and also to hype up the anticipation. Naughty question like "How much pain can you tolerate?" "Are you afraid of height?" "Do you take safety very seriously?"

I don't know if you have access to this, but better than haunted house, escape room is even better because it requires interaction between you two, and you are both working toward a common goal. If you happen to be better at it than her, it triggers a lot of feelings of providers of security/safety/reliability that women find very very attractive.

I wouldn't start dating a chick just before Valentine's Day...I'm doing a spa day and dinner with mine, but we've been together for a while...

Send her flowers to her office. Girls love showing off and she'll be instagramming that shit all day. That's going to get you a bunch of points and will be paving the way to get to P-town later that night.

I keep a few canvases and some art supplies around. I ask them if they want to have a few beers and paint. I tell them up front that I'm not very artistic. I just doodle on the canvas for fun. It's easy going, it's different, we joke about the paintings, listen to some jams and have some drinks. It always goes over well. I always feel shitty throwing away their painting before the next girl comes over.

Last edited:
Buy her flowers and chocolate and go out to eat.. pretty simple

Take her ice skating. It's fun and romantic. It also give you a lot of opportunities to get really close and touch each other without being creepy. It doesn't matter if you don't know how to skate, that's actually a plus. Do it.

I play the e-drums only. I can play the guitar, but I'm not gonna make a damn fool of myself.

I guess what I'm really looking for is validation that a simple dinner on Thurs will suffice, and then I pick something fun on Friday.
It’s too late in the game to get reservations at someplace nice in the dc area I’m sure, and valentines anywhere not special is a cop out and a royal clusterfuck normally.

Clean your fucking house; make it look nice and put candles and shit out and cook something nice with some nice wine.

Bang into submission after dinner.

Lol pretty sure she was just being flirtatious and showing she's interested. Probably planning on giving up the goods.
She basically said she’s open on valentines and wanted to be opened on valentines.

The balls in his court, he can miss or put the balls in her court

It’s up to him at this point.

So like I figured you are proper fucked on going out to eat.

Googling the most romantic restaurants in the dc area , which of the top 8 I tried , none have any availability on valentines.

I’m sure she’d want one of these not Applebee’s etc.

I even tried to reserve a room at the Jeffersonian, and dinner at plume, and no on that either.

Find out what she likes to eat and cook it.

Or do your own research on a reservation. I’ve wasted enough time to know that you are fucked unless you know some lesser known place that’s really good.

SSimple, just a nice restaurant then somewhere around you that might be a bit different depending on what's around you. And if you're a decent looking guy and struggle to get matches on tinder you gotta step your game up and learn to present yourself in a better fashion. How old are you?

Go to a salvation army, buy some mismatched, wrong size clothes and go take pics of each other at walmart while you pick up a couple microwaveable dinners.

Back