In court filing, UFC doubles down to keep fighter salaries a secret

Yep. Basically "Gofundme" usually associates with "miserable situation".
This is not a way to sell potentially powerful movement. Or a healthy fighter.

It basically made it look like Leslie was for "her" instead of "them"
it took the air out of fighters that backed her

But that was her call, but the GFM stood at $5k & I hope people get their money back

Dana talks 24/7, that is far from "retaliation" of any sort

I'm pretty sure what Dana said was just a tip of an iceberg of what was told to Cerrone behind the scenes...maybe by Larry Epstein.

I don't see GSP & cain being "bought" with hush money ... that is silly.
UFC would be fucked for doing that & both Cain & GSP are not pussies (as we seen)

You're right....probably not money. You can also offer something though.
Favoritism in matchmaking in GSP side? Ability for Cain to sit sidelined as much as he wants without being considered an inactive fighter?

Cain is in a contract dispute with them now
That is why he is looking at WWE

Oh I did not know that! Can you send me a source of this? Tried to look into it, found only youtube speculations.

Oh I did not know that! Can you send me a source of this? Tried to look into it, found only youtube speculations.

Meltzer ... obviously anything WWE, UFC & Cain related he is the man on (he lives in San Jose & knows ATT)
It is a big reason why there is no Cain fight while healthy

I definitely support the expansion of the Ali act into MMA, at least in part. But I think instead of the Ali act, there should be legislation that a certain amount of revenue per event must be shared with the fighters, and there should be a minimum % revenue fighters can earn, etc. This way fighters are always getting their fair share -- and there would obviously be based salaries fighters would earn, so they are protected from poorly selling events.

I'm not a huge fan of boxing where each big fighter is basically an independent promoter, and they can pick and choose their opponents. And then you've got 3-4 world titles per division... it's kind of a mess.

Meltzer ... obviously anything WWE, UFC & Cain related he is the man on (he lives in San Jose & knows ATT)
It is a big reason why there is no Cain fight while healthy

Oh, I see, thanks.

WWE is a bad place for Cain anyway, even if he learns the ropes and becomes great on interviews.
Injuries, as far as I understand, usually lend to obscurity.
I think Cain knows it, UFc knows that he knows it, and are not too afraid to lose him.

They actually kinda did.
Dana publicly shamed Cerrone for being not loyal after UFC paid for his surgeries.
He did it more diplomatically, but the message was sent and Cerrone backed off pretty quickly.

I'm sure that others have got their mouth shut with money as well.

The reason why Cain isn't fighting right now is the fact that the UFC aren't willing to update his old outdated contract from way back. Of course the UFC is remember what names went agaisn't them at some point.

The reason why Cain isn't fighting right now is the fact that the UFC aren't willing to update his old outdated contract from way back. Of course the UFC is remember what names went agaisn't them at some point.

Dayum...old contract from 2013. And he fought 4 times since, 4!!
And gets 300K win or lose in non-title fights, 400K in title fights. Or so it seems from numbers.
Sorry...that's not that bad for pretty inactive fighter who, although a crowd pleaser, but not a "needle-mover". Not bad at all.

Honestly, all MMAAA guys really are/were in very good positions with the UFC. Neither of them received a bad treatment.
Even though Leslie took some questionable decisions about her own status, I feel more sorry about her than them.

I definitely support the expansion of the Ali act into MMA, at least in part. But I think instead of the Ali act, there should be legislation that a certain amount of revenue per event must be shared with the fighters, and there should be a minimum % revenue fighters can earn, etc. This way fighters are always getting their fair share -- and there would obviously be based salaries fighters would earn, so they are protected from poorly selling events.

I'm not a huge fan of boxing where each big fighter is basically an independent promoter, and they can pick and choose their opponents. And then you've got 3-4 world titles per division... it's kind of a mess.

Yea update that low pie sharing percent.. the heck under 20% in modern times the UFC are making a killing on this fighters backs.. have it 40% or lower 35% something way better then the current standing.

This is how you grow and sustain the sport by paying better and attracting more dudes that see you can do well if you go into MMA not by building performances centers and asking extra 5$ for the PPVs.

This is how you grow and sustain the sport by paying better and attracting more dudes that see you can do well if you go into MMA not by building performances centers and asking extra 5$ for the PPVs.

The company belongs to a group of people who have absolutely no intentions to grow and sustain the sport.
They want quantity over quality to fill the TV schedules of channels they work with - and the 3.5 PPV selling superstars will get the VIP treatment.

Dayum...old contract from 2013. And he fought 4 times since, 4!!
And gets 300K win or lose in non-title fights, 400K in title fights. Or so it seems from numbers.
Sorry...that's not that bad for pretty inactive fighter who, although a crowd pleaser, but not a "needle-mover". Not bad at all.

Honestly, all MMAAA guys really are/were in very good positions with the UFC. Neither of them received a bad treatment.
Even though Leslie took some questionable decisions about her own status, I feel more sorry about her than them.

Cain in this current state if he has a fight announced his at least Co-Main event.. he always brings it and is among the best draws in the HW division yes he can outsells most of them if not all of them at this very moment with all his inactivity and all.

Reem gets 850k... yolo Hunt gets 800k there is no way you have Cain at 300k what in the heck.. at least double it and book him a fight. He has to go to WWE centers and post pictures online to try and bully the UFC into signing any new deal for crying out loud.

Isn’t fighter pay always disclosed after each card?
No. Some ACs force the promotions to disclose the declared purses, but that doesn't include PPV bonuses or other pay that the fighter may recieve.

The company belongs to a group of people who have absolutely no intentions to grow and sustain the sport.
They want quantity over quality to fill the TV schedules of channels they work with - and the 3.5 PPV selling superstars will get the VIP treatment.

Very fair & realistic view
They are getting the most money within the environment they are in.

Remember 3 years ago when SD would post "I wish UFC would be sold to someone that treats it as a business & not a personal toy"?

THAT HAPPENED

;)

PS ... glad I saw this post. Good stuff

Fighting is a hard business to even consider going into.. it's already hard to get new people into the sport and what do they do they nickel and dime every fighter because they essentially have a monopoly.

Maybe this plan is good for WME short term but down the line 10 years 20 years I'm sure they are better solutions but imagine when they did the math and saw you only pay your talent 15% and said damn this is a sweet gig let's jump on it we will squeeze it to the max.

Back