In court filing, UFC doubles down to keep fighter salaries a secret

To not let sports media harass them for being greedy.

Good.

I don't think I'd be able to weather another "Fighters are underpaid" stream of threads.

nothing wrong with that, ufc protecting what's theirs. just remove USADA and we're fine

I think the Fighters prefer it that way

but but but Dana give the fighters HUGE locker room bonus guys!!!!!

If the UFC ever was forced to disclose all pay rates, it would probably level the rates out some for the mid level guys, and carve some off the top from the highest rates.

What it probably would not do is increase pay for the entire pool.

Isn’t fighter pay always disclosed after each card?

Doesn't include bonuses or ppv share.

When Rampage took UFC to court it turned out he'd been paid $15million over 5 years.

Some big name guys are making more than you think.

Rogan said Aldo got $5million for his 14 seconds against Conor. First time he'd made his PPV threshold.

Vp2kmEg.jpg

And it's going to stay this way unless the natives organize, which they probably won't, unless things get to a depraved level, which they won't, so get comfy, this isn't going anywhere.

If the UFC ever was forced to disclose all pay rates, it would probably level the rates out some for the mid level guys, and carve some off the top from the highest rates.

What it probably would not do is increase pay for the entire pool.

many states it a law that stuff is public. that how the media finds out cause they can request it.

in part, because they don’t want fighters to know how much each other make. Knowledge is power & the UFC seeks to limit your knowledge

Sorry Lucas.. but whether im a fighter, or a bricklayer, or a plumber, or work in a shop. its none of anybody's fucking business what I earn.

And its certainly not the place of someone who hired me to publicly tell everyone what I earn!

So If I hire Middlebrook does that give me the right to publicly tell everyone how much he gets paid?

MIddlebrook and Smith claim to be protecting the fighters and fighting for the fighters rights. It should be the FIGHTERS decision whether their earnings get made public, NOT Middlebrooks.

And they wonder why they are struggling to get signatures.

Last edited:
many states it a law that stuff is public. that how the media finds out cause they can request it.

What "stuff"?

Can you name one state?

Are you talking about athletes salaries?

Back