In court filing, UFC doubles down to keep fighter salaries a secret

is among the best draws in the HW division yes he can outsells most of them if not all of them at this very moment with all his inactivity and all.

Are you sure about that? As far as I remember, that's not exactly a case. He did not draw much audience.

Reem gets 850k... yolo Hunt gets 800k there is no way you have Cain at 300k what in the heck.

Reem and Hunt carry their initial contracts from SF and Pride.
Reem had a unique contract related with GLORY as a sponsor, sum he got was huge and wasn't even a round sum in dollars.
Hunt had old PRIDE contact he decided to finish in UFC.

So, when UFC was on a verge to prolong their contract , they had a choice - either to let them go, or to offer them new contracts at least adequate to old ones.
They chose the latter with both.

That's a usual issue with guys overpaid from other orgs - UFC originals will rarely get that much

Very fair & realistic view
They are getting the most money within the environment they are in.

Remember 3 years ago when SD would post "I wish UFC would be sold to someone that treats it as a business & not a personal toy"?

THAT HAPPENED

;)

PS ... glad I saw this post. Good stuff

Not even a business...business can have personal involvement, ideas, development.
It's a factory. Fuck-tory.

Yea update that low pie sharing percent.. the heck under 20% in modern times the UFC are making a killing on this fighters backs.. have it 40% or lower 35% something way better then the current standing.

This is how you grow and sustain the sport by paying better and attracting more dudes that see you can do well if you go into MMA not by building performances centers and asking extra 5$ for the PPVs.

I think revenue sharing should be at least 40% for the fighters. Most sports are moving towards 49% for the athletes, but 40% is a good starting point.

Maybe this plan is good for WME short term but down the line 10 years 20 years I'm sure they are better solutions but imagine when they did the math and saw you only pay your talent 15% and said damn this is a sweet gig let's jump on it we will squeeze it to the max.

Not sure what you mean here. I see this "gig" playing for a long long time.
I mean why not? They will always have guys who want to fight.

Reading that last line knowledge is power and the ufc seeks to limit your knowledge. That’s some Illuminati modus operandi. Long time fan created a thread in 2009 here on sherdog comparing ufc unethical practices to them and people disagreed. Now we see that it indeed is reality.

I think revenue sharing should be at least 40% for the fighters. Most sports are moving towards 49% for the athletes, but 40% is a good starting point.

Brother they are around 15% they won't go up so fast.. I get it they can't do half and half like the bigger and more established business but how about double or triple that 15%.

Brother they are around 15% they won't go up so fast.. I get it they can't do half and half like the bigger and more established business but how about double or triple that 15%.

Ah, I got what you mean now. You think the fighters will somehow have ability to squeeze from WME more than 15%?
I don't think that's going to happen. Not one WME's watch.

Are you sure about that? As far as I remember, that's not exactly a case. He did not draw much audience.

Reem and Hunt carry their initial contracts from SF and Pride.
Reem had a unique contract related with GLORY as a sponsor, sum he got was huge and wasn't even a round sum in dollars.
Hunt had old PRIDE contact he decided to finish in UFC.

So, when UFC was on a verge to prolong their contract , they had a choice - either to let them go, or to offer them new contracts at least adequate to old ones.
They chose the latter with both.

That's a usual issue with guys overpaid from other orgs - UFC originals will rarely get that much

Reem signed a new deal after that JDS fight that was his 750k start.

Hunt signed his deal for 700k/750k/800k etc because of the Brock fight.. they said fight Brock no PPV share but here a sweet contract for you.. at least they drag it out like this and keep him happy. Imagine having them pay a few millions to him with a default PPV share for his big UFC 200 main event. (was close to being that but Brock wanted more so they left it the so called co-main)

Ah, I got what you mean now. You think the fighters will somehow have ability to squeeze from WME more than 15%?
I don't think that's going to happen. Not one WME's watch.

Yea it won't happen they like to keep them all blind and in a constant struggle, each fighter it's his own 'team / business'.

Still sad shit to see Boxing people do less PPVs and get fatter checks for their efforts.. clearly in MMA we have the company keeping that loot.

At least they were ashamed and upped that limit we are at 10k/10k or 12k/12l whatever it is. That reminds me great sneaky trick to half them purses like that.. UFC must love draws they are good for business.

The company belongs to a group of people who have absolutely no intentions to grow and sustain the sport.
They want quantity over quality to fill the TV schedules of channels they work with - and the 3.5 PPV selling superstars will get the VIP treatment.

Uhhhh... .5?

• What shocks me is the fact that they cannot even get 30% of fighters to sign an anonymous card, just to look into things further. That amazes me. If 30% sign, they could still vote 'no' to a union or oust Leslie smith (whom a lot are not behind. I don't get avoiding info that can help your own brand & lively-hood.

Great share man

FEAR is a big hurdle for them to overcome.

I'm wondering if this is what caused Zuffa Boxing to be nixed.

Good for the UFC. Athletes get paid way too much.

Shocking. Company who exploits fighters to make money wants to hold onto power that lets them exploit fighters. Billionaires gonna billionaire

are u going to publicly disclose your salary?

WRiabjv.jpg

Back